Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Godawful for Griffin (III)

NattyBo

Considering Tannehill took an arrow to the foot and will miss the senior bowl, that's another backup plan down the drain.

Seriously, I think the universe is yelling at us to draft this guy.

Luck's gone #1.

Barkley and Jones went back to school.

Crappy FA for QBs, with the best one being a potential Kolb 2.0.

And then Tannehill, the best backup plan, due to his familiarity with a similar offense, gets a foot injury and can't be evaluated by Shanahan.

Seriously guys, I think someone or something is stacking the deck for us to draft this guy. The only thing left is for Flynn to go to the Browns and for Miami and Seattle to publicly declare they aren't drafting QBs (heh heh).

I took it as LL pulling the jedi mind trick on RGIII. :saber:

I'll take a stab at it knowing completely well that Jed = He's

07.jpg

Jed's coming out means our franchise is finally going to find our "bubblin crude" , oil that is, black gold, Texas Tea! We're going to strike it rich in the draft with RGIII !

07.jpg

Jed's coming out means our franchise is finally going to find our "bubblin crude" , oil that is, black gold, Texas Tea! We're going to strike it rich in the draft with RGIII !

Sounds good to me. I just want to see the official TWEET stating he's coming out.:)

From a Rich Tandler tweet.

Two 1's and a 2 and a few other mid-rounders. RT @SpartyinMD25: What do you think it would take to trade up to get RG3

Sounds kinda high to me ??????????????

Not to me, TT. You have to give to get and we will have to give alot, I think.

07.jpg

Jed played by Buddy Epson.

Baylor

University

Draft

Declaration

YeeeHaaaaaw

From a Rich Tandler tweet.

Two 1's and a 2 and a few other mid-rounders. RT @SpartyinMD25: What do you think it would take to trade up to get RG3

That's the same package TK mentioned. Sounds good to me.

That's even right with the draft pick value chart. If GMs start to factor in that there is now less risk because the cost of a bust is so low now ($20 million vs $60 million it used to be) then they will start expecting even more from teams trying to trade up.

I think if we can do it for that, we got a good deal.

That's the same package TK mentioned. Sounds good to me.

That's fine. If it is this year's 1 (which we technically wouldn't be giving up, just swapping since we'd get RG3), this year's 2, this year's 4 and next year's 1? Ok. I'd like to hold on to our second rounder, but if it's impossible, we'll have to bite the bullet and just do it.

That's fine. If it is this year's 1 (which we technically wouldn't be giving up, just swapping since we'd get RG3), this year's 2, this year's 4 and next year's 1? Ok. I'd like to hold on to our second rounder, but if it's impossible, we'll have to bite the bullet and just do it.

Also, we have an extra 4th from the Raiders, so trading one of our two 4th is not that big of a deal. We would basically be losing Jason Campbell, a 2nd this year, and a 1st next year. Seems reasonable to gain a (potential) franchise QB.

Its not going to take that. I only see 2 1st and a 2nd. Especially if Browns sign Flynn their will be no competition. Miami and Seattle are are to far for those other teams to tradedown to.

Realize that Browns fans are saying the same thing about the Skins being a potential destination for Flynn. There's a good chance that we might have to outbid the Browns, further increasing the price.

Considering Tannehill took an arrow to the foot and will miss the senior bowl, that's another backup plan down the drain.

Seriously, I think the universe is yelling at us to draft this guy.

Luck's gone #1.

Barkley and Jones went back to school.

Crappy FA for QBs, with the best one being a potential Kolb 2.0.

And then Tannehill, the best backup plan, due to his familiarity with a similar offense, gets a foot injury and can't be evaluated by Shanahan.

Seriously guys, I think someone or something is stacking the deck for us to draft this guy. The only thing left is for Flynn to go to the Browns and for Miami and Seattle to publicly declare they aren't drafting QBs (heh heh).

Stock of Tannehill hopefully dropped... #6 RG3 - Round 2: Ryan Tannahill

Realize that Browns fans are saying the same thing about the Skins being a potential destination for Flynn. There's a good chance that we might have to outbid the Browns, further increasing the price.

I just don't see Holdgrem going after RG3 he really doesn't go after QBs in the first round. And Browns are a Pure WCO and I think RG3 can run that but you won't get the everything out of him. I think it doesn't exploit all of his talents.

Now Flynn I can see them going after him. He fits there system, from GB, and a backup that has been in the league for 4 or 5 years. Holdgrem seem to go after QBs like him and I see no reason why he is not right licking his chops to throw money at him.

Again, the Browns have Colt McCoy. We have nobody. The Redskins and the Browns are not in remotely the same situations when it comes to the QB position. Holmgren said he wants to bring someone in to compete with McCoy but he still has a lot of belief in McCoy and that he could be their franchise QB. We (and the Shanahans) are 100% sure that we do not have a franchise QB on our roster. We are in a pretty dire situation. They are not.

I get people who think that if we don't trade up the Browns might take RG3 at #4. What I don't get is thinking the Browns give away picks and compete with us to trade up to #2 to get RG3. I just do not see any chance of that happening or how that would make any sense at all for that team. Particularly when Holmgren has said he thinks a QB needs at least 2 years in his system to truly pick it up (he literally just said it in an interview) and that they need a WR, TE, offensive lineman and will likely need a running back since I doubt Hillis stays.

Holmgren just said this:

Whether or not he thinks it is a good thing to play a young QB early like Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton:

“I will stick by my statement. I think it’s one of the hardest things to do in sports and I do think it does take some time and you look at the teams that go to and what those teams do. In the case of Flacco and Dalton both of them had a big stud running back and a good running game and this year Cincinnati really came on and Baltimore is there and they have a good defensive team. So if you’re gonna have a young quarterback and thrust a young quarterback into a situation like that and have him play it really helps and he’s gonna show better if he has those guys around him. We went in this year, and heck it happens to everybody, but we lost our number one running back to injury and our number two running back, our running game which we were counting on, we needed that to do what we wanted to do in this offense and we got stunned early. It’s part of the game but we got stunned early. That put a little more pressure on Colt than I wanted to have on him early. That was real. I still think it takes a little while to do this.”

And people still think he's going to trade away picks to go up and get RG3? Really? I think is pretty clear he realizes that he needs to improve at the skill positions and get better support. It doesn't sound like he's going to trade away picks to move up for a QB who won't have a supporting cast.

Archived