Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Godawful for Griffin (III)

NattyBo

Again, the Browns have Colt McCoy. We have nobody. The Redskins and the Browns are not in remotely the same situations when it comes to the QB position. Holmgren said he wants to bring someone in to compete with McCoy but he still has a lot of belief in McCoy and that he could be their franchise QB. We (and the Shanahans) are 100% sure that we do not have a franchise QB on our roster. We are in a pretty dire situation. They are not.

I get people who think that if we don't trade up the Browns might take RG3 at #4. What I don't get is thinking the Browns give away picks and compete with us to trade up to #2 to get RG3. I just do not see any chance of that happening or how that would make any sense at all for that team. Particularly when Holmgren has said he thinks a QB needs at least 2 years in his system to truly pick it up (he literally just said it in an interview) and that they need a WR, TE, offensive lineman and will likely need a running back since I doubt Hillis stays.

From reading that Holmgren interview it almost sounds like he has his mind set on taking Richardson at #4. I think the Skins will just have to jump up to #3. Miami will be a worry, but they may not have the fire power and I think the Seahawks are going to wait for Barkley in 2013.

From reading that Holmgren interview it almost sounds like he has his mind set on taking Richardson at #4. I think the Skins will just have to jump up to #3. Miami will be a worry, but they may not have the fire power and I think the Seahawks are going to wait for Barkley in 2013.

I also think Miami is going to wait for next year to get their young QB. They probably give Moore a chance next year and then go after Barkley, Jones, Wilson, or Bray.

I also think Miami is going to wait for next year to get their young QB. They probably give Moore a chance next year and then go after Barkley, Jones, Wilson, or Bray.

This is possible too. I think the best bet is the Skins just can't let RG3 fall to the Browns, even if they sign Flynn. The Skins have to jump up to that #3 spot, then the draft goes Luck, Blackmon, RG3.

If Carroll is even the HC in Seattle after next season.

I think Bray will be a class of '14 draft pick honestly, but I see what you're saying.

Last season the only guy I was DESPERATE to draft was Hank. I resigned myself to the fact we weren't gonna get him everytime we traded back, and then got my optimism back up as our picks approached and he was still on the board. We got him.

The first day I wear my new Redskins jacket and RG3 has declared. Im hoping this is an omen and the only player I'm desperate to draft this year will be wearing B+G in August.

And people still think he's going to trade away picks to go up and get RG3? Really? I think is pretty clear he realizes that he needs to improve at the skill positions and get better support. It doesn't sound like he's going to trade away picks to move up for a QB who won't have a supporting cast.

There's been a lot of smoke from the Browns, just saying...

Also, the fact that Holmgren believes that McCoy can be a capable passer for a winning team is meaningless if he evaluates RGIII as a generational talent he can built the franchise around. It seems a little arrogant to me to assume that Holmgren couldn't possibly think high enough of RGIII to trade up for him, when we most certainly do.

Again, the Browns have Colt McCoy. We have nobody. The Redskins and the Browns are not in remotely the same situations when it comes to the QB position. Holmgren said he wants to bring someone in to compete with McCoy but he still has a lot of belief in McCoy and that he could be their franchise QB. We (and the Shanahans) are 100% sure that we do not have a franchise QB on our roster. We are in a pretty dire situation. They are not.

I get people who think that if we don't trade up the Browns might take RG3 at #4. What I don't get is thinking the Browns give away picks and compete with us to trade up to #2 to get RG3. I just do not see any chance of that happening or how that would make any sense at all for that team. Particularly when Holmgren has said he thinks a QB needs at least 2 years in his system to truly pick it up (he literally just said it in an interview) and that they need a WR, TE, offensive lineman and will likely need a running back since I doubt Hillis stays.

Holmgren just said this:

Whether or not he thinks it is a good thing to play a young QB early like Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton:

“I will stick by my statement. I think it’s one of the hardest things to do in sports and I do think it does take some time and you look at the teams that go to and what those teams do. In the case of Flacco and Dalton both of them had a big stud running back and a good running game and this year Cincinnati really came on and Baltimore is there and they have a good defensive team. So if you’re gonna have a young quarterback and thrust a young quarterback into a situation like that and have him play it really helps and he’s gonna show better if he has those guys around him. We went in this year, and heck it happens to everybody, but we lost our number one running back to injury and our number two running back, our running game which we were counting on, we needed that to do what we wanted to do in this offense and we got stunned early. It’s part of the game but we got stunned early. That put a little more pressure on Colt than I wanted to have on him early. That was real. I still think it takes a little while to do this.”

And people still think he's going to trade away picks to go up and get RG3? Really? I think is pretty clear he realizes that he needs to improve at the skill positions and get better support. It doesn't sound like he's going to trade away picks to move up for a QB who won't have a supporting cast.

After reading this it seems Holmgren is not ready to give up on his young QB which means he may be picking Richardson. the browns for me are by far the biggest rival for RGIII. if not I say we stay put and RGIII will fall to us. now I know most of you guys will say we can't take that chance but honestly I believe the price for moving to 2 or even 3 will be high because if the Browns don't get RGIII they can go RB, OL, or WR and both the Vikings and Rams are in the market for the best OL or WR. They are not going to risk trading their pick for the 6th pick that can't guaranty them their guy.

After reading this it seems Holmgren is not ready to give up on his young QB which means he may be picking Richardson. the browns for me are by far the biggest rival for RGIII. if not I say we stay put and RGIII will fall to us. now I know most of you guys will say we can't take that chance but honestly I believe the price for moving to 2 or even 3 will be high because if the Browns don't get RGIII they can go RB, OL, or WR and both the Vikings and Rams are in the market for the best OL or WR. They are not going to risk trading their pick for the 6th pick that can't guaranty them their guy.

Vikings can still get Kalil or another OT with our pick. Browns not going to get OT. They got an Elite LT.

So best case is Cleveland goes with Richardson and Miami signs a FA like Flynn. We sit at 6 and let him fall to us. I don't think the Seahawks trade up from 12. That would be really expensive for them.

The best case is Clev goes Flynn IMO. If they go Flynn we know they wont go QB in the draft. If Flynn goes to Miami then we will have to trade up to get RGIII if we really want him. Either way i think we have to bring in another FA before the draft. Would hate to be stuck with no QB after the draft if clev or some other team decides to take RGIII

Vikings can still get Kalil or another OT with our pick. Browns not going to get OT. They got an Elite LT.

There is also the Bucks, but I think after the season the Rams with their OL I say they also are in the running of things. Either way the Browns have major holes to fill especially RB and I know many today think you don't pick RBs at #4 but Richardson is not just your good RB. He is a monster.

The team to worry about is Tampa. And all based on who they hire as coach. If they hire Marty, I would think he would like Freeman. However, if they sign Childress, then I could see Childress liking RG3. He loved Tavaris Jackson, and RG3 is immensely more talented.

There's been a lot of smoke from the Browns, just saying...

Also, the fact that Holmgren believes that McCoy can be a capable passer for a winning team is meaningless if he evaluates RGIII as a generational talent he can built the franchise around. It seems a little arrogant to me to assume that Holmgren couldn't possibly think high enough of RGIII to trade up for him, when we most certainly do.

It's not really arrogance and again, the Browns are not in the same situation that the Redskins are in terms of the QB position. They are unsure of whether or not Colt can be the guy, the Redskins know that neither Grossman nor Beck are the guy. Could he evaluate RG3 that way? Possibly but given all of his recent interviews, it seems like he thinks a QB can't be successful without a good supporting cast around him and he's said he thinks it takes two or so years to really learn his offense. The Browns trading up, and sacrificing picks, just seem very highly unlikely to me given all of the interviews I have read from Holmgren, Heckert, and the Browns beat reporters. Plus, I think you do have to take Holmgren's history into play, even if you only believe half of what he says.

Archived