Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Godawful for Griffin (III)

NattyBo

what flaws does he have? I'm curious to hear from some of his more passionate fans. He's not a perfect prospect, right? If he was he'd be considered far and away the top prospect in this draft, right? So what does he need to work on, what concerns you about him?
I don't think its anything he lacks that keeps from being the top pick in the draft.

Rather its the perception of seamless plug and play transition that keeps Luck as the top prospect in most draft media opinions.

Personally, I think analysis based on flaws isn't a good way to approach judging the prospects because most college QBs share the same flaws.

I'll only focus on the flaws that imo apply specifically to him:

o is a reckless/fearless runner, he'll need to be much smarter about when, where and how to run in the NFL

o he doesn't imo have the frame to pose enough of a consistent running thread to effect the defense the way Cam and Newton can to create effective zone-read based play-action

I don't think its anything he lacks that keeps from being the top pick in the draft.

Rather its the perception of seamless plug and play transition that keeps Luck as the top prospect in most draft media opinions.

Personally, I think analysis based on flaws isn't a good way to approach judging the prospects because most college QBs share the same flaws.

I'll only focus on the flaws that imo apply specifically to him:

o is a reckless/fearless runner, he'll need to be much smarter about when, where and how to run in the NFL

o he doesn't imo have the frame to pose enough of a consistent running thread to effect the defense the way Cam and Newton can to create effective zone-read based play-action

cam newton is one person.

This is what bothers me the most. If you're Indianopolis, are you going to pick the safe guy who you can put right into the starting lineup, only to let him sit on the bench behind your HoF QB? If I were them, I'd seriously think about drafting Griffin #1, he's got more potential and they have time to let him sit and learn from Manning.

It might be off, but they're in a position where they can wait for a guy to develop, much like GB had with Rodgers and Favre.

This is what bothers me the most. If you're Indianopolis, are you going to pick the safe guy who you can put right into the starting lineup, only to let him sit on the bench behind your HoF QB? If I were them, I'd seriously think about drafting Griffin #1, he's got more potential and they have time to let him sit and learn from Manning.

It might be off, but they're in a position where they can wait for a guy to develop, much like GB had with Rodgers and Favre.

its early, but if i'm indy, and i just paid him 20 something million for last year (when he didnt play a down) and he's due 28 mill march 8th, and i have luck sitting there for me.......i cut manning and take luck, starting him day 1.

its early, but if i'm indy, and i just paid him 20 something million for last year (when he didnt play a down) and he's due 28 mill march 8th, and i have luck sitting there for me.......i cut manning and take luck, starting him day 1.

With the way this new rookie scale is put together, it is cap friendly to have the number one over all pick. I think this would have been in the Skins favor if the old CBA was in place. Isray is a tweeter freak and has made it known that he wants to keep both if Manning is healthy. If Manning is healthy look for the Colts to draft Luck and keep Manning as a mentor.

With the way this new rookie scale is put together, it is cap friendly to have the number one over all pick. I think this would have been in the Skins favor if the old CBA was in place. Isray is a tweeter freak and has made it known that he wants to keep both if Manning is healthy. If Manning is healthy look for the Colts to draft Luck and keep Manning as a mentor.

IF he's actually able to play, i'd say its a 50/50 shot, at the moment, i dont know if he's going to even be healthy next year. 28 mill is alot of dough for a lame duck, and i'm not sure peyton wants that gig.

So today might be the big day. I might cry if he goes back to school. :ols:

At this point I might cry if he declares :ols: In all seriouness if he does stay in school that will be one less topic of discussion to help pass the time between now and April. Who would this board begin to clamor for next if RG3 does indeed stay another year? Would it be more about trading down for picks at that point rather than obsessing over a single player?

OT, but Mike Holmgren just gave this interview:

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/01/09/mike-holmgren-cleveland-browns-colt-mccoy-peyton-hillis-2012-nfl-draft/

What he thinks of Colt McCoy:

“I love Colt McCoy for all the reasons that we all like Colt McCoy. He’s a great young man, he’s tough. If there’s one thing I know it’s hers tough, he got banged around a little bit. But this last season I had to learn some things and give him a real shot to play. Kinda handed the position to him and Seneca handled that beautifully in my opinion so we went through the season, of course it’s well documented that Colt got banged around at the end of the season, but I just made the statement this next year that we’re gonna open up all the positions to some really healthy competition as well as the quarterback position. I had that conversation with Colt and of course I had the conversation with Pat Shurmur because he’s the coach before I talked to Colt, but Colt knows. He’s not afraid of competition. He’s been competing his whole life. It’s always been my philosophy when dealing with the players to shoot straight with them. They may not necessarily like the conversation but at least they know you’re shooting straight, you’re honest with them, and then they go on from there and do what they have to do.”

Whether or not he thinks it is a good thing to play a young QB early like Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton:

“I will stick by my statement. I think it’s one of the hardest things to do in sports and I do think it does take some time and you look at the teams that go to and what those teams do. In the case of Flacco and Dalton both of them had a big stud running back and a good running game and this year Cincinnati really came on and Baltimore is there and they have a good defensive team. So if you’re gonna have a young quarterback and thrust a young quarterback into a situation like that and have him play it really helps and he’s gonna show better if he has those guys around him. We went in this year, and heck it happens to everybody, but we lost our number one running back to injury and our number two running back, our running game which we were counting on, we needed that to do what we wanted to do in this offense and we got stunned early. It’s part of the game but we got stunned early. That put a little more pressure on Colt than I wanted to have on him early. That was real. I still think it takes a little while to do this.”

I would like to have Griffin as the QB. Why?...Defenses would have to spend time game planning for him as they do Vick, and now it seems Newton. When teams played us, it was simple. Put pressure on Grossman and make him turn the ball over, and I have never ever in all my years watching football, seen a QB constantly give it up more than a $20.00 dollar hooker on Sunset Strip. The way the defenses are these days, you need a QB who's mobile, and not a sitting duck in the pocket. I damn near cried when I saw Grossman trying to out run a Cowboy defender, as he was looking back as if a bear was on his ass. I'm tired of this people. I'm tired of having QB's who are just game managers.

I keep checking here at extremeskins and espn and every other site to see if there is any news he is making a decision for real today. Man I hope he says he is going to the NFL and the Redskins get him in the draft. The last time I really wanted the Redskins to draft a certain player this bad was when we drafted Brian Orakpo. Here is hoping Robert Griffin III says he is going to the NFL and also some how we draft him. HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its still quiet down here in Waco.

i know some people posted info that the decision would be released today, but our local

news cast stated that was speculation.

So who really knows ???

I do know that they have a football pep rally for saturday night, which is the day before the deadline

for committing. I would not be surprised if the decision is not announced till then.

Robert Griffin III - QB - Player

The Cleveland Plain Dealer expects the Browns to "take a hard look" at selecting a quarterback with the No. 4 overall pick in the draft.

Conceivably, Heisman Trophy winner and Baylor QB Robert Griffin III could still be available at No. 4 since both the Rams and Vikings are set at quarterback, but the odds many teams won't be jockeying to trade into the top three are low. Still undecided on whether or not he'll turn pro, Griffin has until Sunday to make up his mind.

Related: Browns

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Its still quiet down here in Waco.

i know some people posted info that the decision would be released today, but our local

news cast stated that was speculation.

So who really knows ???

I do know that they have a football pep rally for saturday night, which is the day before the deadline

for committing. I would not be surprised if the decision is not announced till then.

Jed coming out..even his teammates are saying he is going pro.

Archived