Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Godawful for Griffin (III)

NattyBo

I think people need to get over the trading up, because the Skins are probably going to trade up with St. Louis or the Vikings. Lucky St. Louis will probably take Blackmon, so the Skins could get away with trading with the Vikings and grab RG3 at #3.

Exactly.

I also am tired of hearing people say "If we don't get him," like we're powerless and at the mercy of the Browns. Here's the thing, there's no "if." We're in the drivers seat. We know the opponents who want him, and we know what it will take to get him. If we want him, we make the trade, and he's ours. Done deal. If we don't want him (and this would prompt me to yell "Why!?"), then we let the chips fall where they may and we pursue someone else. But RGIII is our guy to give away, not some other team's.

God, that would throw a massive wrench into the already difficult decision. :doh: I really don't see him staying at Baylor.

I would seriously punch so many holes in so many walls if that happened.

This year was supposed to be the best year for QBs since '83. Luck, Barkley, RGIII, and prototypical Jones leading the way, followed by some solid guys like Tannehill, Foles, Cousins, and Weedon.

Then, Jones started sucking, and Barkley and Jones went back and everything has gone to sh*t. Ugh, I know they're doing it for their careers, but I really hate that Barkley went back. If RGIII isn't ours, and we're stuck with Rex "signed contracts with 31 teams to throw INTs" Grossman for another year I place this firmly on his shoulders (half-jokingly, but still).

If that Seattle win cost us RG3....

boo hoo. It's much easier to criticize the obvious than to realize the intangibles of youngsters and rookies winning games. Tannehill is a possible option, so is Keenum, and both will take time, but so could RG3.

Plus, who is our competition? Rams? Nope, they're smart and will be building around a talented QB. Minny just invested in Ponder and needs to build their LBers and secondary back up and possibly their OL. Jax, Gabbert was shaky but won't be given up on after just 1 season. Cleveland reportedly will be gunning for Flynn, which makes sense given Holmgren's WCO and GB connections, plus they could use their 2 1sts to give Flynn weapons, such as Blackmon and a good O lineman, possibly the best rated one in the draft. That would be killer for them.

Miami maybe, but they need to move ahead of us, which gives us the advantage. Plus we have more draft picks than them. That's it for realistic competition that could compete with us in a trade. Miami or Cleveland, and 1 of them is very likely to get Flynn.

The Colts are interesting, and if they do draft Luck it's hard to see Peyton staying. I'd take Peyton (assuming good health) and groom Tannehill or Weeden or whoever Shanny likes behind him. Or heck, I'd even groom them behind Sage Rosenfells. He knows our system and wouldn't be a bad option as a stop-gap. Joe Webb, Colt McCoy, TJ Yates running a similar system in Houston, are all young guys who could be had for a reasonable amount in a trade.

And if we went that route we'd still have #6 for an excellent prospect, or have the potential to trade down and get a bunch of picks.

Long story short, there's always a litany of options if you put you're thinking cap on.

many good points stated here. My two cents:

As I have stated before, I don't see RGIII not declaring. Barkley has a chance at the National title next year, Baylor doesn't. Where RGIII goes comes down to what he does in the combine. If he goes nuts as I think he will, he is going 2nd if not first. And I am saying the Colts might pick him over Luck because they may have the luxury to sit him a couple of years behind one of the greats of the game. Hell they might even trade out of the first pick even though they say they are not going to if they can come up with a situation of getting the extra picks plus landing RGIII

Though I would throw this out there, may be the time Robert announces his decision:

Pep rally Saturday to celebrate Baylor

Sunday January 8, 2012

A pep rally celebrating the Baylor football team’s 2011 season will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Ferrell Center.

The event, which is free and open to the public, will recognize the Bears’ second 10-win season in school history, capped by a 67-56 win over Washington in the Alamo Bowl.

The pep rally will feature remarks from Baylor coach Art Briles, Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Robert Griffin and linebacker Elliot Coffey. Three Baylor players from Central Texas high schools will also address the crowd — Waco High’s Jarred Salubi, China Spring’s Mike Hicks and Midway’s Ahmad Dixon.

Fans attending the pep rally will receive a free commemorative Baylor football poster after the presentation, and will be allowed to take their picture with the Heisman Trophy and the Alamo Bowl championship trophy on the arena floor.

“This will be a wonderful opportunity for Baylor Nation and the Central Texas community to come together and celebrate the accomplishments of the 2011 Bears,” Baylor athletic director Ian McCaw said in a statement.

Though I would throw this out there, may be the time Robert announces his decision:

Pep rally Saturday to celebrate Baylor

Sunday January 8, 2012

A pep rally celebrating the Baylor football team’s 2011 season will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Ferrell Center.

The event, which is free and open to the public, will recognize the Bears’ second 10-win season in school history, capped by a 67-56 win over Washington in the Alamo Bowl.

The pep rally will feature remarks from Baylor coach Art Briles, Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Robert Griffin and linebacker Elliot Coffey. Three Baylor players from Central Texas high schools will also address the crowd — Waco High’s Jarred Salubi, China Spring’s Mike Hicks and Midway’s Ahmad Dixon.

Fans attending the pep rally will receive a free commemorative Baylor football poster after the presentation, and will be allowed to take their picture with the Heisman Trophy and the Alamo Bowl championship trophy on the arena floor.

“This will be a wonderful opportunity for Baylor Nation and the Central Texas community to come together and celebrate the accomplishments of the 2011 Bears,” Baylor athletic director Ian McCaw said in a statement.

yeah sounds like a send off for RG3.

This is kind of a crazy picture for a couple of reasons. He's looks pretty slender but also a bit unorthodox in his hurdling form.

[ATTACH]46236[/ATTACH]

Wouldn't that picture have been from like 2-3 years ago? He hasn't hurdled competitively since then, right?

Usually I'm against trading up.. I love having as many picks as possible

However.. With the way this staff is able to evaluate talent and hit on their picks.. I think that we can get RGIII and still land some quality guys. I say: DO IT!!!!!

RGiii just continues to seem too good to be true (see underlined).

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/RG3_Meets_With_Coaches_Future_Still_Undecided_136771698.html

Robert Griffin III Meets With Briles To Talk About Future

WACO (January 5, 2012)--Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III met with head coach Art Briles Thursday afternoon to discuss his future at Baylor.

The school confirmed to 254 Sports that the meeting took place.

In the meeting, Briles made his pitch to RG3 to return for his senior season, a source close to the situation said Thursday.

Griffin III has not made a decision on whether to return to Baylor or enter the NFL Draft.

RG3 is projected to be a first round pick.

Following the timeline 254 Sports reported earlier, RG3 and his family will take the weekend to go over information on his draft prospects.

He will meet again with members of the Baylor coaching staff on Monday and the source said an announcement is expected the next day, the source said Thursday.

The NFL deadline to declare for the draft is Jan. 15.

Griffin returned to Waco Wednesday night after spending several days in New Orleans doing community service work and appearing during the halftime show of the Sugar Bowl.

Archived