Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Godawful for Griffin (III)

NattyBo

Not really too much here, but I found it interesting even if it is a bit vague (though it isn't like Breer is going to say exactly who he talked to):

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/1/17/2713698/report-opinions-from-nfl-scouts-vary-on-robert-griffin-iii

In the process of preparing his first mock draft of the year, Albert Breer of NFL Network ran some things past NFL scouts and executives. The extra effort is what makes Breer one of the best NFL reporters in the business.

One of the things Breer found while talking draft is that assessments on Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III are "all over the map."

If we bring in Flynn i can live with that....but not if Rex is the qb again. If we go into next season with Rex at the helm and win 4 games i dont see Shanny being here much longer.

I don't think we would be 4-12 though. If we tradedown and amass plenity of picks I see no reason why we won be an adverage team. Flynn might have put up games but if he flops here and we wound up 8-8 I think Mike should be fired. I rather go 8-8 and not have found the QB than sign Flynn and go 8-8. I understand Rex was bad but if Mike don't like Flynn or any other QB he doesn't have to get one. Just as long the other parts of our team improve. Like WR, Oline, and secondary. And then next year you get our QB after he has build a competitive team with depth then by any means necassary get the QB that you like.

I don't think we would be 4-12 though. If we tradedown and amass plenity of picks I see no reason why we won be an adverage team. Flynn might have put up games but if he flops here and we wound up 8-8 I think Mike should be fired. I rather go 8-8 and not have found the QB than sign Flynn and go 8-8. I understand Rex was bad but if Mike don't like Flynn or any other QB he doesn't have to get one. Just as long the other parts of our team improve. Like WR, Oline, and secondary. And then next year you get our QB after he has build a competitive team with depth then by any means necassary get the QB that you like.

I hope you're right. Just think going into (after next season) the 4th year of a rebuild and still not having a QB would be bad news for Mike. But idk. Hopefully we can get our guy this year.

I hope you're right. Just think going into (after next season) the 4th year of a rebuild and still not having a QB would be bad news for Mike. But idk. Hopefully we can get our guy this year.

Yeah I hope we get a QB this year. But Mike knows more than me and if he didn't pick a QB but the team around the QB improve I'll be happy. Next year will only be the 3rd year if he drafts an Elite prospect after that I have faith that we could be one of the youngest teams in the league with a young QB.

People saying the Browns are not a good fit for RG3 or that the Browns would be better not to waste their #1 picks to move up need to remove their burgundy and gold glasses. IF RG3 is such a "savior" for the Skins, he is every bit the "savior" for the Browns. I would not be surprised at all if the Browns go after RG3. We just have to wait until FA is over to see if they choose to sign Flynn. If they do, then they probably decided to use their #1 picks to beef up their offense.

Yeah I hope we get a QB this year. But Mike knows more than me and if he didn't pick a QB but the team around the QB improve I'll be happy. Next year will only be the 3rd year if he drafts an Elite prospect after that I have faith that we could be one of the youngest teams in the league with a young QB.

There are no elite prospects coming out next year.

I dislike Barkley for many reasons that I've gone over in other threads, mainly his poor rainbow like deep ball he throws off his back foot with consistently bad balance.

And Barkley is probably the best available QB for the 2013 draft. Barkley would be the 3rd QB taken this year, and personally, I think he would be taken too high in the draft.

If we miss out on RGIII because Cleveland truly wants him... we may have no other choice than getting a veteran game manager like Alex Smith and then focusing on our defense and running game.

Oh well next year we will have a pick of Barkley, Wilson, Geno Smith, Landry Jones, and EJ Manuel. Not even counting Bray, Logan Thomas, and Pete Thomas.

Except the team will probably pick even lower than now and again be unable to trade up. Good times! :)

Gah, I hope this isn't true. We'd be pretty much done if we tried to compete with Cleveland.

If you compare what we have to offer in total vs. what they have to offer in total, then yes they would win. But do you really think Cleveland will do whatever it takes to get RGIII? Meaning they would give up TONS of extra picks just to get a QB when they have TONS of other needs that they could use those picks for? I don't. I think they'll make a strong offer, we'll make a better one forcing them to have to use a bunch of picks to beat us that they won't be willing to because of all their other needs. I think we really are in the driver seat for the number 2 pick because of this.

This is going to go back and forth for four months! We'll have him, we won't, we'lll have him, we won't. We just don't know. I think the good news is if Shanny really wants him, we'll make a play. If the price is too high, we probably won't and will go another way.

But we can't act like spoiled kids waiting to get a pony for Christmas. Stay away from the dramatics, people. You're only punishing yourself.

There are no elite prospects coming out next year.

I dislike Barkley for many reasons that I've gone over in other threads, mainly his poor rainbow like deep ball he throws off his back foot with consistently bad balance.

And Barkley is probably the best available QB for the 2013 draft. Barkley would be the 3rd QB taken this year, and personally, I think he would be taken too high in the draft.

If we miss out on RGIII because Cleveland truly wants him... we may have no other choice than getting a veteran game manager like Alex Smith and then focusing on our defense and running game.

Man it will be plenity of choices. Barkley which he can improve his arm strength. Geno Smith which I think is very underrated and I see ELITE QB. Tyler Wilson with an Elite arm and could be Elite in this league. EJ Manuel he just got to improve on is accuracy and anticipation. Thats not even including Bray or Logan Thomas.

---------- Post added January-17th-2012 at 04:03 PM ----------

Except the team will probably pick even lower than now and again be unable to trade up. Good times! :)

Thats 7 or 8 QBs that would not all go in the top ten. Come on people it would not be the end of the world. Just have to deal with the fact we could have been 4th pick if our young players was good enough to beat Seahawks in Seattle.

• 1 month later...

Archived