Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Godawful for Griffin (III)

NattyBo

That sorta pisses me off that Baylor coaches get to talk Griffin into staying but NFL teams can't approach him to talk him into declaring. He seems like the type of guy that could be swayed into a decision because of his pride of not letting people down. Of course I'm just as biased as the coaches are, but it should be an easy decision to turn pro. He won the Heisman. He has no chance of winning the national title (sure there's a chance, but realistically...come on...), and the odds of him having just as much hype for the NFl come next year are slim to none. If he gets swayed by the coaches, that's a huge mistake that he will definitely come to regret.

I would love to know what he thinks or how he feels about going pro. I mean in all honesty he will either end up here or in Clev.....Clev has been terrible for a long time with as little talent as possible. And we well we have been us for the last 10-15 years. Do you think he would be excited to come to DC? I mean most 20-23 year olds dont know much about the late 80's early 90's and that we were actually a pretty damn good team. They know Dan Snyder and what he did. Will that have an impact on what he does?

Didn't someone post that he likes Shanny or was a Denver fan or something?

I would love to know what he thinks or how he feels about going pro. I mean in all honesty he will either end up here or in Clev.....Clev has been terrible for a long time with as little talent as possible. And we well we have been us for the last 10-15 years. Do you think he would be excited to come to DC? I mean most 20-23 year olds dont know much about the late 80's early 90's and that we were actually a pretty damn good team. They know Dan Snyder and what he did. Will that have an impact on what he does?

I posted this video a few weeks back regarding his appearance on CBS with JB & Company where he states Denver was his favorite team growing up and Elway was his favorite player.

Did anyone catch RG3 on the NFL today show?

At the 1:18 mark he tells the guys who his favorite team was growing up and his favorite player.

There's a certain head coach who may know a thing or two about that team.

Apologies if this has already been covered but all in all, I thought it was a good video with a glimpse of insight into the type of guy RG3 is.

I think this is the only thing I've seen him say about the Redskins:

http://www.csnwashington.com/sportsnetWashington/search/v/50376321/exclusive-robert-griffin-iii-wouldn-t-mind-seeing-the-white-house-1-2.htm?q=Robert+Griffin

Yep, on ESPN I think it was, he said that he grew up a Broncos/Elway/Shanahan fan. That should definitely make his decision to declare easier, since next year we likely won't take another QB barring some horrific freak occurrence. Hell, I didn't even see any of Joe Gibbs' first superbowl runs, but if I had the chance to play for him, I'd declare right away.

Edit: yeah beaten to it.

Me too, man, some people just give you the vibes of a champion.

I can totally see him saving the franchise, and being our QB for a solid 16 years with multiple rings. You can tell that if he wants a ring, he'll do everything he can to get the ring. How could you not rally behind this dude?

IDK, go into a few other threads here and ask them. :ols:

Ask them why would they want to trade for YATES instead of trying to land RGIII....people just love having a terrible QB in DC. Its like they cant put 2 and 2 together.

I'm new to the RG3 bandwagon. I now support moving up for him. But, honest question, what flaws does he have? I'm curious to hear from some of his more passionate fans. He's not a perfect prospect, right? If he was he'd be considered far and away the top prospect in this draft, right? So what does he need to work on, what concerns you about him?

In the meeting, Briles made his pitch to RG3 to return for his senior season, a source close to the situation said Thursday.

If Briles is any kind of decent human being, he told Griffin to go into the draft. His stock is never going to be higher than it is now, and sacrificing guaranteed millions for another year risking further injury to his knee for another season where they have zero shot at a national championship is a bad idea, and bad advice. The guy should do the right thing and let Griffin know the best thing he can do for his future (and family) is to go into the NFL this year.

He's done everything he can for that school AND HC, it's time for him to move on, hopefully he agrees.

---------- Post added January-9th-2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

I'm new to the RG3 bandwagon. I now support moving up for him. But, honest question, what flaws does he have? I'm curious to hear from some of his more passionate fans. He's not a perfect prospect, right? If he was he'd be considered far and away the top prospect in this draft, right? So what does he need to work on, what concerns you about him?

He'll need to take snaps from under center regularly, he'll have to work on learning the mental aspects of the game and how to run a pro-style offense, and he's had a previous knee injury. The knee injury isn't as detrimental at the QB spot, except that a large part of his talent is escapability.

However, even without his ability to run, the guy is first and foremost a great passer. He's a passer who CAN run, not a runner who CAN pass.

If Briles is any kind of decent human being, he told Griffin to go into the draft. His stock is never going to be higher than it is now, and sacrificing guaranteed millions for another year risking further injury to his knee for another season where they have zero shot at a national championship is a bad idea, and bad advice. The guy should do the right thing and let Griffin know the best thing he can do for his future (and family) is to go into the NFL this year.

He's done everything he can for that school AND HC, it's time for him to move on, hopefully he agrees.

Agreed 100%, however I feel like he was probably greedy and said "You don't want to let your teammates and fans down do you? Come back, and let's make a run at the National Championship together."

SMFHHHH!!!!

His main flaws are that he doesn't work through his progressions (learning the passing lanes, etc) and he tends to hold onto the ball too long. Not being in a pro-style offense also puts him behind guys like Luck & Barkley, though as we know Barkley is staying in school.

---------- Post added January-9th-2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

He'll need to take snaps from under center regularly, he'll have to work on learning the mental aspects of the game and how to run a pro-style offense, and he's had a previous knee injury. The knee injury isn't as detrimental at the QB spot, except that a large part of his talent is escapability.

However, even without his ability to run, the guy is first and foremost a great passer. He's a passer who CAN run, not a runner who CAN pass.

I think the coach will give RGIII the right advice because Baylor has a competent back up that can get the job done

I think the coach will give RGIII the right advice because Baylor has a competent back up that can get the job done

Apparently, RGIII met with him again today to further discuss the future.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7443615/robert-griffin-iii-meets-baylor-bears-coach-nfl-decision-nears

I would say that this means he is leaning toward declaring and just wants to make sure he wouldn't be letting the team down to do so. If he was leaning toward staying, it doesn't seem like another meeting would be necessary because his coach is probably just going to re-enforce staying. That's how i see it anyway.

Man that article speaks so much about the great character of RG3 and the loyalty and respect he has for his school & coach. We need to do whatever it takes to draft him because I believe Griffin is the leader & Qb we have been seeking for all these years. I dread seeing this opportunity pass us by.

The routes run are very similar to the choice routes run in the run and shoot. Once the QB reads the defense, he pretty much knows where he's going with the ball and just has to check to make sure his read was right and that the receiver is on the same page. Defenses in the NFL are usually much better at disguising their intentions or even making the play even though they weren't in the best defense to deal with what the offense called.

Man that article speaks so much about the great character of RG3 and the loyalty and respect he has for his school & coach. We need to do whatever it takes to draft him because I believe Griffin is the leader & Qb we have been seeking for all these years. I dread seeing this opportunity pass us by.

I agree. It would be very disappointing to see him go to another team. He is destined to come here to DC. I don't see any other team as excited about this kid as I've seen our fanbase.

Archived