Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Godawful for Griffin (III)

NattyBo

what are they saying over on the browns forums?

"Why do we live in Cleveland?"

"I hate LeBron James."

"Remember 'The Drew Carry Show?' Good times....good times."

"Do you guys ever stop and think there's more to life than just chili?"

http://brownschat.clevelandbrowns.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/4731011

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2

I like how Mort said that one top notch longtime NFL personnel guy said that Griffin throws the ball better than Cam.

I don't think that is a shocker. That was one of Cam's biggest issues coming out is that he wasn't as polished passing, mechanically.

This is possible too. I think the best bet is the Skins just can't let RG3 fall to the Browns, even if they sign Flynn. The Skins have to jump up to that #3 spot, then the draft goes Luck, Blackmon, RG3.

I doubt the Skins go to #3. That leaves open the possibility of losing out on him still. Why not just move up one more spot, since the Rams want to trade out and get more picks?

I doubt the Skins go to #3. That leaves open the possibility of losing out on him still. Why not just move up one more spot, since the Rams want to trade out and get more picks?

Yeah, every Rams board I have read seems to either be on the "get Blackmon" train or the "trade down and get more picks" train.

We'll draft him at #2 or #3. When you see your franchise guy you don't wait it out.

Griffin will be a Redskin.

*pat on the head* Another who understands...very good. You other guys are crazy if you think we are going to stand pat and just hope that the perfect storm aligns and he's there at 6.

We've (mods) been imagining what a zoo this would be like if our guys decide to take someone not a top 3 board choice. It will be unbearable in here, though I have always said it's silly to get all wound up about any "favorite" given history, even of all teams in the league, where they frequently take someone other than the #1 (or #2) fave that their fan base developed early crushes on.

It's not really arrogance and again, the Browns are not in the same situation that the Redskins are in terms of the QB position. They are unsure of whether or not Colt can be the guy, the Redskins know that neither Grossman nor Beck are the guy. Could he evaluate RG3 that way? Possibly but given all of his recent interviews, it seems like he thinks a QB can't be successful without a good supporting cast around him and he's said he thinks it takes two or so years to really learn his offense. The Browns trading up, and sacrificing picks, just seem very highly unlikely to me given all of the interviews I have read from Holmgren, Heckert, and the Browns beat reporters. Plus, I think you do have to take Holmgren's history into play, even if you only believe half of what he says.

I agree with you for now, but wait until after the combine to say that Holmgren really wouldn't be interested. I have a feeling that the cost of trading up for RGIII will skyrocket after the combine, as it always does for the sensationally athletic prospects.

after reading more on the browns forum, i'm really thinking we land RGIII. i don't think they are going to go after him based on what 95% of their fans are saying. i know its not up to the fans, but they all make good points about how they have bigger needs than QB. most want to give colt another year or bring in flynn

We've (mods) been imagining what a zoo this would be like if our guys decide to take someone not a top 3 board choice. It will be unbearable in here, though I have always said it's silly to get all wound up about any "favorite" given history, even of all teams in the league, where they frequently take someone other than the #1 (or #2) fave that their fan base developed early crushes on.

If so then for Shanny it'll be

Drafting a QB: You're doing it wrong

I am fine with that. I was just saying that I think the Skins could get away with going to the 3rd pick, but if St. Louis wants to trade down I am all for it.

check out the browns forum. most people DON'T think or DON'T want to draft RGIII

Well it's not up to them really, it's up to the Walrus.

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/01/09/mike-holmgren-cleveland-browns-colt-mccoy-peyton-hillis-2012-nfl-draft/

What he thinks of Colt McCoy:

“I love Colt McCoy for all the reasons that we all like Colt McCoy. He’s a great young man, he’s tough. If there’s one thing I know it’s hers tough, he got banged around a little bit. But this last season I had to learn some things and give him a real shot to play. Kinda handed the position to him and Seneca handled that beautifully in my opinion so we went through the season, of course it’s well documented that Colt got banged around at the end of the season, but I just made the statement this next year that we’re gonna open up all the positions to some really healthy competition as well as the quarterback position. I had that conversation with Colt and of course I had the conversation with Pat Shurmur because he’s the coach before I talked to Colt, but Colt knows. He’s not afraid of competition. He’s been competing his whole life. It’s always been my philosophy when dealing with the players to shoot straight with them. They may not necessarily like the conversation but at least they know you’re shooting straight, you’re honest with them, and then they go on from there and do what they have to do.”

I've got way too much invested in this. If RG3 goes to another team, I'm going to be crushed! I really feel like we have to get him to turn this franchise around.
I'm in the same boat. I've got to chill out. :ols:
Ditto. Its why I've started looking at a bunch of other guys and focusing on scouting other positions haha.

That makes 4 of us.

Which is why its good to have people like Lavarleap around to tell us that if RGIII declares he's going to be a Redskin :)

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/01/09/mike-holmgren-cleveland-browns-colt-mccoy-peyton-hillis-2012-nfl-draft/

“I love Colt McCoy for all the reasons that we all like Colt McCoy. He’s a great young man, he’s tough. If there’s one thing I know it’s hers tough, he got banged around a little bit. But this last season I had to learn some things and give him a real shot to play. Kinda handed the position to him and Seneca handled that beautifully in my opinion so we went through the season, of course it’s well documented that Colt got banged around at the end of the season, but I just made the statement this next year that we’re gonna open up all the positions to some really healthy competition as well as the quarterback position. I had that conversation with Colt and of course I had the conversation with Pat Shurmur because he’s the coach before I talked to Colt, but Colt knows. He’s not afraid of competition. He’s been competing his whole life. It’s always been my philosophy when dealing with the players to shoot straight with them. They may not necessarily like the conversation but at least they know you’re shooting straight, you’re honest with them, and then they go on from there and do what they have to do.”

That still doesn't say to me that they intend to trade up for RGIII.

obviously, but if the walrus thinks anything like most of their fans and realizes he has much more pressing needs than QB he won't draft RGIII

The team to worry about is Tampa. And all based on who they hire as coach. If they hire Marty, I would think he would like Freeman. However, if they sign Childress, then I could see Childress liking RG3. He loved Tavaris Jackson, and RG3 is immensely more talented.

I would trade for Freeman in a heartbeat.

Archived