Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Godawful for Griffin (III)

NattyBo

Actually, that article read like a BS piece written by an "analyst" that doesn't understand spread offense.
Sadly its the type of quick easy sound bite generating generic, all purpose, unsubstaniated, lazy shoot from the hip opinion that passes for 'analysis' now.

I'm surprised he didn't say Griffin was inaccurate.

That's an all purpose pan they love for a prospect they don't like but can't figure out why.

Sadly its the type of quick easy sound bite generating generic, all purpose, unsubstaniated, lazy shoot from the hip opinion that passes for 'analysis' now.

I'm surprised he didn't say Griffin was inaccurate.

That's an all purpose pan they love for a prospect they don't like but can't figure out why.

Though I admit that I would likely have fallen for it last year.

I think if the Browns move on Flynn and maybe the Dolphins move on Peyton he will be there also. I just worry about the Dolphins A lot. They are going to have a new coach whos going to want to get a QB this year.

I worry about that too, however, if whoever it is wants to make an instant impact I think there's a good chance they take Peyton. Depends whether the new coach goes for a Shanny style rebuild through the draft or Gibbs style "Lets sign some established talent and get to the playoffs" - If it's the Gibbs model then I think Miami are a lock for Manning.

I worry about that too, however, if whoever it is wants to make an instant impact I think there's a good chance they take Peyton. Depends whether the new coach goes for a Shanny style rebuild through the draft or Gibbs style "Lets sign some established talent and get to the playoffs" - If it's the Gibbs model then I think Miami are a lock for Manning.

Are there any sources that Manning is going to be out in Indy or that Miami even wants to do that? Not disagreeing here just wondering. If Fisher goes to Miami I could see that happening since he wants an established qb but now he's interviewing with the Rams and if he goes there Miami could just choose to draft a QB. Then they'd be back in the way of us.

We need a QB not a RB/QB. Griffin is too much of an option type QB for the Shanny system. Landry Jones is a much better fit. Would rather see the skins go that way than RG3.

Landry Jones was horrible this year and against Baylor just didn't measure up, or even come close to performing at RG3's level. I'm not saying I don't like any other QB for us, but Landry Jones is one I definitely am not sold on - in fact I'd be very disappointed if we ended up with him.

We need a QB not a RB/QB. Griffin is too much of an option type QB for the Shanny system. Landry Jones is a much better fit. Would rather see the skins go that way than RG3.
Did you watch any of his games or are you just saying that because he's an athletic QB with speed. Cause he definately always looked to throw first and does it very well. Sometimes I wonder if people look at black QB's and just stereo type.

Id rather see the skins go in any direction that Landry Jones. He's terrible. And if he's smart he will go back to school b/c he lost himself a lot of money by the way he ended the season.

The people who say this have obviously not done their research on RG3. Or seen him play, for that matter.

Hate to do this again....

Look at my Location. Now back at me. And trust me that we do NOT want Landry Jones.

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 09:29 AM ----------

Id rather see the skins go in any direction that Landry Jones. He's terrible. And if he's smart he will go back to school b/c he lost himself a lot of money by the way he ended the season.

Word around town is that he doesn't even want to go pro. Like ever. I can say with almost 100% certainty that he's staying this year, but don't be surprised if he doesn't even go to the NFL.

The people who say this have obviously not done their research on RG3. Or seen him play, for that matter.

I was going to say the same thing about Landry Jones. That dude is HORRIBLE. Without his #1 receiver he's worse than any QB in the draft.

I pretty much see "we should get Landry Jones" and I then known that person pays zero attention to college football.

Landry Jones threw ONE TD in FIVE games without his #1 WR. HE STINKS!

RG3 is a strong pocket passer. With a great arm and great awareness. He uses his feet to escape, kind of like Big Ben, or extend a play. This is not a Michael Vick in his 20s type QB.

lmao do you even watch college football other from youtube highlights? Jones was AWFUL this year and will be a HORRIBLE NFL Qb.

Did you think Jake Locker was an RB/QB? Someone who wouldn't fit Shanny's system?

Because, measuring the amount of times RG3 dropped back to the times he took off and ran, his numbers are extremely similar to Locker. RG3 was 100x more productive as a passer to boot.

Do some research before posting. Just because the guy happens to run a 4.3, giving him the ability to make the most out of the times he does run, doesn't mean he's "too much of an option QB".

In the end, and I've said this before, forget about "fit in a system". Good QBs fit in any system and you tailor the system around them. Bad QBs don't fit into any system. Landry Jones is a bad QB. RG3 is a good QB.

Per PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/05/holmgren-mccoy-will-face-quarterback-competition/

Holmgren indicated at his press conference, which was only 75 minutes long, :yawnee: that Mccoy will face competition heading into 2012. Nothing too earth shattering here, but the article does suggest that the competition is more likely to come from the draft then FA.

4 months of this stuff until the draft is going to have me going crazy :insane:

Archived