Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Godawful for Griffin (III)

NattyBo

on the Sports Fix, 980, they reported a little while ago that John Clayton from ESPN was on Cerrato's radio show in Baltimore and said that he expects the skins to trade up to #2 and get RG 3.

Interesting... well if the cryptkeeper says so then I'm buying a jersey!

In all seriousness though, there are several "experts" and "insiders" and even those with a proven track record on this forum that think the same thing. It's looking highly plausible that we could be trading up.

How much longer does Shanahan have to find a QB anyway?

Interesting... well if the cryptkeeper says so then I'm buying a jersey!

In all seriousness though, there are several "experts" and "insiders" and even those with a proven track record on this forum that think the same thing. It's looking highly plausible that we could be trading up.

How much longer does Shanahan have to find a QB anyway?

Shanahan traded up to get Jay Cutler and tried to trade up to get Sam Bradford. If he really likes RG3, I have no doubt that he will try to trade up to get him, he's clearly attempted to do it before when it was a QB he really liked. My question is how much we give up? I'd really rather give up some players then picks. Can we get away with giving them a 1st, 4th, next year's 1st and Santana Moss, Anthony Armstrong or Jamaal Brown? They need WR and Oline help..

Shanahan traded up to get Jay Cutler and tried to trade up to get Sam Bradford. If he really likes RG3, I have no doubt that he will try to trade up to get him, he's clearly attempted to do it before when it was a QB he really liked. My question is how much we give up? I'd really rather give up some players then picks. Can we get away with giving them a 1st, 4th, next year's 1st and Santana Moss, Anthony Armstrong or Jamaal Brown? They need WR and Oline help..

I'm guessing probably not if you compare those players you mentioned to the 2nd round pick which many others have also reported to be part of the package of picks required to move from 6 to 2 (our 2011 1st, 2nd, and 4th, along with our 2012 first) A new head coach/GM in St. Louis looking to build a young core around Bradford would likely rather have the addtional 2nd round pick.

It will be interesting to see if any of our players would be part of a potential package, but my guess is if they are, it's not going to be someone we would enjoy parting ways with.

I know we have probably 3 months worth of speculation ahead of us but people need to drop the "Colts will trade out and not take Luck talk." already. This is the one situation which will NEVER transpire. Let's talk about realistic outcomes folks.

I don't think that will happen, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility like you are making it sound, especially if Manning is 100% healthy.

This is from Holmgren's and Heckert's press conference. I bolded and underlined the quote that stuck out to me.

Holmgren on if Colt McCoy is franchise QB: "I think he could be. He can be. I'm not ready to say that yet." # Browns

Holmgren: "I'm not ready to annoint Colt yet." Said he loves McCoy & Seneca Wallace.

Holmgren: There will be QB competition before 2012 season. Decision will probably come before reps are divided for 3rd preseason game.

Heckert: Probably won't sign QB in free agency who he expects to start, but you never know. Same goes for drafting QB early.

Holmgren: We'll probably bring in QB every year to compete.

Holmgren: Organization will stick to philosophy of building through draft rather than being extremely active in free agency.

Here's a couple of more twitters from those who cover the Browns. Sounds like the Browns will consider trading down if RG3 falls to them.

DonDelcoOBR Don Delco

Sounds like if RG3 falls to # Browns at No. 4, they will be listening for trade offers. # boo

DanielWolfNFL Daniel Wolf

Sounds to me like # Browns wont draft a QB & if # RG3 is on the board at No. 4, they will trade out to get more picks. Heckert loves picks..

Here's a couple of more twitters from those who cover the Browns. Sounds like the Browns will consider trading down if RG3 falls to them.

DonDelcoOBR Don Delco

Sounds like if RG3 falls to # Browns at No. 4, they will be listening for trade offers. # boo

Sounds to me like # Browns wont draft a QB & if # RG3 is on the board at No. 4, they will trade out to get more picks. Heckert loves picks..

Well i guess the big question is do you risk letting that happen and actually believe the Brown will pass on RGIII. Or do you trade up before them and give up an extra pick?

Or do you stand at 6 and hope the Dolphins dont trade up at 4-5??

It wouldn't take many at all, but that still doesn't mean that the Dolphins or Seahawks won't try to trade with the Rams or the Vikings.

That's why I'm hoping the Dolphin's new coach either likes Moore or acquires Manning/Flynn and then Carrol & the Seahawks do something similar.

on the Sports Fix, 980, they reported a little while ago that John Clayton from ESPN was on Cerrato's radio show in Baltimore and said that he expects the skins to trade up to #2 and get RG 3.

For those that would like to listen to the audio: http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/01/04/espns-john-clayton-6/

Clayton starts talking about the QB scenario's for next year around the 12:20 mark.

Interestingly enough, he also said Peyton Manning will be Colt's QB next year. He didn't mention though where that would put Luck in his scenario, but take it FWIW.

Side note: Just hearing Vinny's voice makes my skin crawl.

For those that would like to listen to the audio: http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/01/04/espns-john-clayton-6/

Clayton starts talking about the QB scenario's for next year around the 12:20 mark.

Interestingly enough, he also said Payton Manning will be Colt's QB next year. He didn't mention though where that would put Luck in his scenario, but take it FWIW.

Side note: Just hearing Vinny's voice makes my skin crawl.

He said it so confidently and nonchalantly like he know it's gonna happen.

He said it so confidently and nonchalantly like he know it's gonna happen.

I noticed that too, almost like it's a foregone conclusion. How anybody can be so confident one way or the other at this point seems a bit naive. Until his health is determined we won't know anything for certain. I think before Polian was fired, he was asking Payton to prove he could play by March 1st which is a week or so before that $28 million roster bonus is due. Too much TBD at this point.

DonDelcoOBR Don Delco

That's been my reasoning all along.

It could prove to be dead wrong but it seems logical knowing Mike Holmgren's track record and looking objectively at McCoy's performance.

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 08:19 PM ----------

My gut tells me that RGIII will be sitting there when the 6th pick is on the clock.

so how many picks would it take to trade up two spots to #4? Probably not nearly as much as it would take to get to #2

In addition to the #6 overall pick, fair value would be a 3rd rounder to move up to #4, their 2nd and 4th rounders to move up to #3, or an additional 1st rounder to move up to #2.

anyone good at photoshop? tried doing this for hours and just couldnt it right..

i am trying to take the heisman trophy out of this picture

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/john-clayton-predicts-redskins-will-trade-up-draft-robert-griffin-iii/2012/01/05/gIQABHztcP_blog.html

and replace it with this redskins helmet

4269118122_ab5065fef0_o.jpg

Anyone who can do this is the damn man and i would be much appreciative.

Can we be certain RGIII is even gonna declare? I have a client who is a Baylor alum (and a Girls fan), but in talking with him yesterday, he mentioned one of is friends is a coach of another athletic team @ Baylor and says they are 90% sure he's going go return to Baylor. Granted, I know that's as sketchy as a sketchy source can get, but after his dad went and publicly retracted his statement, I fear there is some doubt there?

anyone good at photoshop? tried doing this for hours and just couldnt it right..

i am trying to take the heisman trophy out of this picture

Wish I was because the pic idea is brilliant.

Archived