Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins have agreed to terms with WR David Anderson

Daaskins

The only thing ridiculous and asinine is you people <edit> Get real folks.

I've been siting here amazed at what drool people will post (there are a few non-idiot posts in the thread) just so they can feed the need.

FontanaPA_468x891.jpg

It's like some moron-reflex that occurs: "durrr..new thread...must post something clueless but opinionated...arrrghhhhh!!!!"

Ahhh.gif

Jesus. I should just go through the front page and ban a bunch of people who gratuitously post these pointless mindless ignorant spasmodic synaptic seizures they call thoughts and watch the forum IQ shoot skyward.

Tony_sopranos6.jpg

Well, right now it looks like Paul will be out a couple of games, Armstrong seems to be getting deeper in the doghouse and Stallworth hasn't done much with his playing time. We may have 7 WRs on the roster, but how many can contribute right now?

This guy might not be anything, but he at least knows the offense and is a known quantity to Kyle.

Not if he was a 28 year old, below average career vet. brought in because he's familiar with the scheme to help us try 'win now', which it's hard to see this move as anything else but.

And even less so if we had developing linemen waiting in the wings, like we do Robinson at wide-out.

The fact that he's now gona' potentially take up a roster slot, immaterial to whether he produces or not, is ridiculous and asinine in itself.

Hail.

Yeah, why are we playing London Fletcher? Playing him is clearly a win-now move. Dammit we have Perry Riley waiting in the wings!

And why the hell are we still playing Jamaal Brown? Don't we have a right tackle prospect on the practice squad?

If Aldrick Robinson was ready to play, he'd be playing. Shanahan CLEARLY hasn't held back in playing the young guys. There is no downside to signing David Anderson, even if there is little-to-no upside. Worst case scenario, he's a guy who sits in on wide receiving meetings with young guns Hankerson, Austin, Paul, Robinson and can teach them a few things, mentor them a bit sharing a locker next to them, etc. You're not at Redskins Park day in and day out and despite what you think you know, you have absolutely no understanding of what this David Anderson fella brings to the team. Neither do I. It's not like he's going to come in and catch the game winning touchdown pass that keeps us from drafting Andrew Luck, nor is he going to take a roster spot from a budding young player, allowing that guy to get snatched onto the active roster of another team.

Who knows, he might get cut before Friday. Getting riled up about this signing is about as dumb as lambasting the front office seconds after taking Player Soandso in the 7th round when you've only read his draft profile on the internet.

Shanahan never ceases to both encourage and frustrate you at the same time.

On the one hand he's all but admitting we're in a full blown rebuild. talking about the trials and tribulations of playing the youth. On the other he makes a desperate, win now move which makes even less sense when it's for a below average career vet., presumably because he knows the scheme to help out Beck.

Ridiculous, asinine pick-up.

Hail.

...WWAAAAAHHHH?

Signing David Anderson is a win now move?

HOW?

Stallworth is contributing jack. Niles Paul has his chances, but he has turf toe and will be out a couple weeks. If they cut Stallworth, they still need a guy who's going to play teams, and I'm pretty sure Aldrick Robinson doesn't play teams, and even if he did, he wouldn't be very bloody likely to see the field, just because he's so raw, FAR more raw thank Hank or Paul ever were.

So they sign a guy off the street who knows the offense, who might see one or two snaps here or there, but will mainly sit his butt on the bench and be depth and play teams.

That's not asinine. You're reaching, sir. Signing free agent depth off the street is not a win now move, especially if he's cutting Stallworth. At least Anderson is younger. I think.

I'm willing to bet this has something to do with Stallworth being horrible and Paul being injured. We were one injury to Hank away from choosing between Austin and Stallworth on 3 WR sets. You don't want that lol

Austin has been exceedingly underwhelming, 24 games into his NFL career and 11 receptions to show for it. A couple more costly drops last week. He's made one truly good play in his career and many are still expecting him to become a dependable wide receiver for us. It's becoming more and more obvious that he doesn't have a future here long-term.

...WWAAAAAHHHH?

Signing David Anderson is a win now move?

HOW?

I can't see it as anything more than adding a vet. who's been in the scheme before to try help out in production.

Not bumping Robinson I have zero problem with if they don't feel he's ready. Adding another career average vet. just because I do. And I doubt he's gona' teach/ show the young guys any more than anyone else here, coach or player, has already.

It's a total waste of a roster move to me. But I'ma leave it as obviously others disagree and this would just go around and around in circles.

Hail.

I can't see it as anything more than adding a vet. who's been in the scheme before to try help out in production.

Not bumping Robinson I have zero problem with if they don't feel he's ready. Adding another career average vet. just because I do. And I doubt he's gona' teach/ show the young guys any more than anyone else here, coach or player, has already.

It's a total waste of a roster move to me. But I'ma leave it as obviously others disagree and this would just go around and around in circles.

Hail.

I have to side with those not agreeing with you on this. Saying this pick up is a "win now" move is a little over-the-top, IMO. Shanny already said Hankerson will be starting again next week and Paul is out a couple weeks with turf toe, so we are playing the young guys. I don't think they signed this guy with the intention of having him start or otherwise having any sort of significant playing time. It's just another body.

He seems to be a good depth player . Smart and knows the system . 81 recptions for 866 yards and 3TDs in spot duty on the Texans over the last 4 years . Some interesting comments about him .

http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=9&c=2&cid=1106313&nid=4307453&fhn=1

"Anderson has the chance to be a smaller Walter, as he runs good routes and has solid hands"

http://hou.scout.com/2/830131.html

The only thing ridiculous and asinine is you people expecting people to pick people up off the street and having any kind of impact. No matter what position.

If Shanahan hires the fat paper boy from his neighborhood to tryout for OL you people would probably explode with excitement. Get real folks.

You say "people" a lot.:silly:

I wonder if this is a reaction to Austin's drops. Beck definitely favors the short game, but his weapons are limited for sure. He just set a team record throwing 14 passes to his RB. He needs someone who can get open in a phone booth.

Anderson seems to be able to run the stuff they had Austin trying to do, according to the scouting report. He can run good shorter routes and catch the ball consistently. He's good at the short stuff with RAC, not a home run guy.

The pick up could be nothing, but he could bring a skill set we don't have without Santana. He's a Welker type guy, and I think they might put him out there with Beck starting. I'm not saying he's gonna be Moss or Welker, but the move could make Beck and the offense look better.

If Paul goes out for 4 games, can they slide Anderson into that spot for the time NIles is out?

From what I've seen of the offense lately -- a reliable receiver, versed in the passing schemes, who specializes in snagging short passes -- could provide Beck with another outlet.

In 4 weeks from now, I suspect the roster will be looking different -- Banks and Stallworth may already be on the bubble. I'd also watch the Jammal Brown injury situtation. IR could play a big role in shaping who stays on the 53 after 4 more games.

From what I've seen of the offense lately -- a reliable receiver, versed in the passing schemes, who specializes in snagging short passes -- could provide Beck with another outlet.

Exactly. Who knows, maybe he can run a pattern better than the young guys, which means we may make that next 3rd and 6, extend a drive, and get the young guys 3 extra plays (or more) on the field. OMG Its gotta be a win-now move, Oh NoZ!!!!

The confusing aspect of this move is that we have 3,456 receivers on the roster already, I'm not sure why there was any kind of need for another. You have to believe that the coaching staff knows better than you, they see these guys at practice every day... So the next logical assumption is that they have no faith in the group of Stallworth, Austin, Paul, Robinson. That's alarming if true.

The move doesn't necessarily bother me, it's a free agent signing that is likely just a little look-see. It's more the fact that I'd rather see the young guys. The fact that we're opting for signing vets off the street doesn't speak well of the young receivers in the least.

Not if he was a 28 year old, below average career vet. brought in because he's familiar with the scheme to help us try 'win now', which it's hard to see this move as anything else but.

And even less so if we had developing linemen waiting in the wings, like we do Robinson at wide-out.

The fact that he's now gona' potentially take up a roster slot, immaterial to whether he produces or not, is ridiculous and asinine in itself.

Hail.

Unless he plays special teams and he's just here to help us try and get better returns.

Not every signing is a desperation 'win now" move, especially mid season.

this is a small shuffling of a minor player. It will make a minor impact, if any noticeable impact at all... the same minor impact it would make if we brought in an OL or a CB like everyone else is hollering for.

It's a little tiny midseason move. No significance.

~Bang

---------- Post added November-8th-2011 at 01:30 PM ----------

im gonna go ahead and say our receivers are junk. austin had his chance and blew it, paul never plays and is hurt. robinson must not be showing anything.. sigh

Overreaction seems to be one of your strong suits.

"Austin blew it".. lol.. the guy's been targeted 19 times in his career by the worst starting QBs in professional football, and you've seen enough.

Our fans and their "analysis"... it's :ols:.

~Bang

Archived