Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GHH laid totally bare with his fanhood on the line: Why it's best for our team to lose out the rest of the 2011 season.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

Well, kick-off is finally getting near & I'm as excited as Hell waiting for the game. Have been since I woke up.

You just get that feeling in your stomach don't you, game-day excitement. I want us to win. I can't imagine feeling any other way.

Words can't explain it - You just have that feeling in the pit of your stomach, don't you ?

Well' date=' kick-off is finally getting near & I'm as excited as Hell waiting for the game. Have been since I woke up.

You just get that feeling in your stomach don't you, game-day excitement. I want us to win. I can't imagine feeling any other way.

Words can't explain it - You just have that feeling in the pit of your stomach, don't you ?[/quote']

Well, most of us do anyway...

It's threads and opinions like this that make me question my sanity on why I enjoy this board and continue to frequent it as much as I do. Being that I am FAN who gets excited every week for the chance at a win, regardless of our record and despite our mediocrity the past 20 years. And those with like minds as the OP, which unfortunately there are a lot on this board, will always have their fandom questioned and be suspect to me, period.

GHH's whole premise is based on Shanahan staying all 5 years.

If we lose out the rest of the year, the ****storm would be of EPIC proportions.

If somehow he keeps his job, 2012 is playoffs or pink slip...and if we were 3-13 in 2011, how the hell would we magically become a dominant team the next?

how do you justify keeping a coach with a 9-23 record??

And those with like minds as the OP, which unfortunately there are a lot on this board, will always have their fandom questioned and be suspect to me, period.

That's your prerogative man.

I think your being totally disingenuous and rather insulting of people with a different view point to yourself in questioning there 'fandom'; particularly as the reason's behind it couldn't be clearer, but that's your prerogative to think that way.

GHH's whole premise is based on Shanahan staying all 5 years.

If we lose out the rest of the year, the ****storm would be of EPIC proportions.

If somehow he keeps his job, 2012 is playoffs or pink slip...and if we were 3-13 in 2011, how the hell would we magically become a dominant team the next?

how do you justify keeping a coach with a 9-23 record??

This has been discussed to death through the thread bud, so I won't go over it all again.

Save to say those us that believe Snyder is TOTALLY on-board with a 5 year plan regardless of results the first few years so long as Shanahan and Allen are carrying out that plan as they are don't share the same opinion.

Hail.

It's threads and opinions like this that make me question my sanity on why I enjoy this board and continue to frequent it as much as I do. Being that I am FAN who gets excited every week for the chance at a win, regardless of our record and despite our mediocrity the past 20 years. And those with like minds as the OP, which unfortunately there are a lot on this board, will always have their fandom questioned and be suspect to me, period.

I'm sure GHH is just devastated by that, guy.

This has been discussed to death through the thread bud, so I won't go over it all again.

Save to say those us that believe Snyder is TOTALLY on-board with a 5 year plan regardless of results the first few years so long as Shanahan and Allen are carrying out that plan as they are don't share the same opinion.

Hail.

I know it has but I'm just saying, Your whole theory on this is directly tied to Shanny keeping his job for 5 years with no real evidence to support that claim. Has Dan Snyder literally came out and said, "HE HAS 5 YEAR!!"?

I dont think so. Oh, and I am not trying to start anything man, I just don't think any owner can justify a coach sucking for that long and not pulling the plug.

Each person is the only judge of their own fanhood.

If you think the team is better off losing, that doesn't make you any less of a fan. That being said, you will be ridiculed, as you should, because it's a stupid idea.

All this fancard talk is meaningless, unless you're delusional enough to give it meaning.

Each person is the only judge of their own fanhood.

If you think the team is better off losing, that doesn't make you any less of a fan. That being said, you will be ridiculed, as you should, because it's a stupid idea.

All this fancard talk is meaningless, unless you're delusional enough to give it meaning.

agreed,at the end...we all wanna see the team succeed. Some ppl just have very twisted methods of looking at it

Though I think Shanahan will get things turned around eventually, if we go 3-13ish this year, followed by a 5-11ish season next year, I think that Snyder would get very fidgety.

If we go 5-11 in year 3 of Shanahan, Snyder will have reason to question his plan. What we do the rest of this season is pretty irrelevant to that.

---------- Post added October-30th-2011 at 02:57 PM ----------

Most teams below us are up and playing well, including Miami and the Rams.

Believe and we just may get 'lucky.' ;)

Hail.

Except Indy, which is basically a worse-case scenario for us drafting a QB. They'll almost certainly take Luck, and almost certainly not take a different QB. Them getting the number 1 pick thus basically removes a QB from the draft.

I know it has but I'm just saying, Your whole theory on this is directly tied to Shanny keeping his job for 5 years with no real evidence to support that claim. Has Dan Snyder literally came out and said, "HE HAS 5 YEAR!!"?

I dont think so. Oh, and I am not trying to start anything man, I just don't think any owner can justify a coach sucking for that long and not pulling the plug.

the idea that Snyder, the fans, the players, or anyone would believe in Shanahan after dropping 12 straight to finish up the second season is beyond foolish. Then again the idea of lose now to win later is foolish. The whole premise of the OP is rediculous.

---------- Post added October-30th-2011 at 08:11 PM ----------

Though I think Shanahan will get things turned around eventually, if we go 3-13ish this year, followed by a 5-11ish season next year, I think that Snyder would get very fidgety.

If we go 3-13 this year, after starting off 3-3, and going 6-10 last year, Shanny would absolutely deserve to be fired. That's not progress, that's going in reverse.

3-4 feels like a certainty at this point. God does this team need a QB. Guys are open. Kyle's playcalling might be questionable at times (though its hard to tell with the ineptitude of the players attempting to execute the plays), but his scheme is boss at getting average WR's open.

3-4 feels like a certainty at this point. God does this team need a QB. Guys are open. Kyle's playcalling might be questionable at times (though its hard to tell with the ineptitude of the players attempting to execute the plays), but his scheme is boss at getting average WR's open.

*Sticks to a no accent post for translation purposes .....

Awww, your Scouse is coming on a treat there my young friend. Start slowly, keep slipping in odd words to express things.

I'm so proud. They grow so fast. :):silly:

Hail.

I know we talked about this in the other thread but damn this is so true. If we had a good QB back there, there look to be lots of big passing opportunities.

*Sticks to a no accent post for translation purposes .....

Awww, your Scouse is coming on a treat there my young friend. Start slowly, keep slipping in odd words to express things.

I'm so proud. They grow so fast. :):silly:

Hail.

Interesting, I didn't know that "boss" used in that context would make me so...culturally aware! :ols:

---------- Post added October-30th-2011 at 05:29 PM ----------

I know we talked about this in the other thread but damn this is so true. If we had a good QB back there, there look to be lots of big passing opportunities.

You aren't kidding. This OL isn't very good, and is injured, but damn are there lots of opportunities being left on the field.

Aren't the Redskins kind of making this thread irrelevant? I mean with the way they are playing, you don't have to hope they lose out. They absolutely look like the worst team in the NFL out of the teams that played today (I watched a good amount of each game today).

This thread would be controversial if the team actually looked and played better than they are, b/c then it would be a question of them losing even though they could realistically win. This team doesn't look like it can beat anyone. Kind of settling the debate for us.

Well' date=' kick-off is finally getting near & I'm as excited as Hell waiting for the game. Have been since I woke up.

Words can't explain it - You just have that feeling in the pit of your stomach, don't you ?[/quote']

I left this at the start of the game (and the wise ass reply); because I didn't want others jumping in and taking away from the up-coming game.

No UKSF, I didn't have any of that feeling. I haven't had any of that feeling outside of opening day. Probably because I'm expecting next to nothing. as it's painfully playing out.

But I can say I took ZERO joy out of watching that. Whatever you want the final result to be, to see such an apathetic display from your team and for them to get manhandled right across the board to such an extent is, as you've just experienced, a horrible thing to have to sit through as a fan.

I may be satisfied in the bigger picture at the final result, but that was a miserable, horrid experience to sit through. Utterly embarrassing and a total ass whooping. Not my idea of a fun Sunday at all, whatever certain (ill informed) members may think.

Hail.

Why...You think taking a QB with a top 5 pick solves things after that.

Shanahan will be gone if this holds up.

I personally don't think he's in any danger of going anywhere, but hey, both of the above has been gone over all ways in this thread so I guess time will out on the HC.

Nobody knows what will happen as regards his position unless we have some clairvoyants amongst our number.

Hail.

Archived