Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GHH laid totally bare with his fanhood on the line: Why it's best for our team to lose out the rest of the 2011 season.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

amazingly enough, this board does not represent the majority of redskins fans who would rather see wins and not losses.

count me as one that hopes we win as many as we can.

playing for last means hoping we lose to the worst in the league and god forbid, our best players play like crap/get hurt. rediculous sentiment.

'i can't imagine what it is like to watch a game that went like today and be pleased with result. Hard to believe "fans" would prefer to watch this.

Find another thread to post in, if that's all you've got to offer. Or better yet, read through THIS one so that you aren't misrepresenting the position of many of the posters here.

Gibbs, what a great post - I haven't read through all 17 pages just your initial post which I must have missed the first go around. Anyway, I want the same thing I'm just worried that we'll end up selecting the wrong guy. What if Luck isn't really the guy? Not only that but who are we going to trot out there to groom him? Do you want to just feed him to the wolves starting day one and see where he ends up? The thing I like about this is we have Shanny here for 5 years. I hope that no matter what happens after next years draft and record that he stays here. It would be GREAT to have one qb in the same system for a number of years - especially a rookie.

The only thing is we NEED an offensive line desperately. How do you propose we get Luck, if he's your man, and still have enough picks leftover to get an offensive line and at least one really good skill player too? Not only that but I think we may be in the market for CB's soon.

This year is the suck. Again. So lets embrace is and let me point out something really important: Last year the defense was ****. total, utter, ****. Shannahan and Bruce allen (and haslett I guess) fixed it. Therefore, I can safely assume that they can do the same thing with the offense. That is really encouraging.

The only thing is we NEED an offensive line desperately. How do you propose we get Luck, if he's your man, and still have enough picks leftover to get an offensive line and at least one really good skill player too? Not only that but I think we may be in the market for CB's soon.

Luck's probably a pipe dream man. Not giving up hope, as most every team outside of Indy around us is showing signs of life. And who knows what Indy will do as they have WAY more holes than we have. The problem with that though is Lucks that good, they'll be no shortage of major offers if they do decided to trade. And as you say, which I sadly concur with being I'd love Andrew Luck here, the simple fact is we have too many holes to still address to allow us to go after Luck with picks. Realistically, he's not gona' be our man.

But there's two or three other real top quality guys coming out that will fall right into our laps as this team lurches from bad to beyond worse and improves our draft position in so doing.

We may not get the creme de la creme, but an RGIII or Tannehil (or I still think Jones but many disagree) would finally give us what we've craved for WAY too long now.

But the precarious thing is a few wins could well take us right out of that situation and keep us in this constant Hell.

Hail.

*Edit* Thanks for the props BTW man. Appreciated.

The only thing is we NEED an offensive line desperately.

I disagree with this immensely. If there is one thing the last few weeks have shown, it's not only QB and O-line that we lack NFL talent and depth. It's WR, RB, and CB. Those positions are in need of a huge upgrade, with 1. WR 2. CB and 3. RB

Obviously QB is the #1 priority overall, but after that the shopping list is huge, IMO at least.

QB, OL should be of the utmost importance heading into the offseason, followed by WR's.

Agreed. Here's my tentative off-season wishlist so far:

1. Sign Bowe and Grubbs in FA.

2. Draft Griffin/Tannehill in 1st round.

3. Invest in OL/ILB/CB groups in rest of draft.

4. ???

5. Profit.

Agreed. Here's my tentative off-season wishlist so far:

1. Sign Bowe and Grubbs in FA.

2. Draft Griffin/Tannehill in 1st round.

3. Invest in OL/ILB/CB groups in rest of draft.

4. ???

5. Profit.

Eh... i wouldnt sign any high profile wr to a team that hasnt established any qb play yet. So do we immediately give up on every wr prospect we drafted last year then?

Eh... i wouldnt sign any high profile wr to a team that hasnt established any qb play yet. So do we immediately give up on every wr prospect we drafted last year then?

No. In this scenario we no longer have Gaffney. Moss is probably still here. Stallworth isn't. That leaves Bowe, Moss, Armstrong (highly overrated), Hankerson, Paul, Austin. That's perfect.

And you add him before "establishing QB play" to help out the rookie QB. To do everything possible to speed up the rookie's development and give him a better shot at success. A go-to WR is a big part of that. Paired with Moss, Hank, Paul, Austin, and Armstrong, with Davis, Paulson, and most likely Cooley on a reduced salary...that's a pretty decent situation to throw a rookie QB into. Assuming you also continue to add talent to the OL.

Find another thread to post in, if that's all you've got to offer. Or better yet, read through THIS one so that you aren't misrepresenting the position of many of the posters here.

Hey man we are one more game closer to the can't miss future super bowl champion! Wooohooooo. You are obviously in the "franchise quarterback" camp. We obviously need to tank the season to land the next Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees or Tom Brady or Roethlisberger

Luck's probably a pipe dream man. Not giving up hope, as most every team outside of Indy around us is showing signs of life. And who knows what Indy will do as they have WAY more holes than we have. The problem with that though is Lucks that good, they'll be no shortage of major offers if they do decided to trade. And as you say, which I sadly concur with being I'd love Andrew Luck here, the simple fact is we have too many holes to still address to allow us to go after Luck with picks. Realistically, he's not gona' be our man.

But there's two or three other real top quality guys coming out that will fall right into our laps as this team lurches from bad to beyond worse and improves our draft position in so doing.

We may not get the creme de la creme, but an RGIII or Tannehil (or I still think Jones but many disagree) would finally give us what we've craved for WAY too long now.

But the precarious thing is a few wins could well take us right out of that situation and keep us in this constant Hell.

Hail.

*Edit* Thanks for the props BTW man. Appreciated.

We definitely see eye to eye on this issue. Miami and St. Louis are gonna win a few games. They're improving while Skins are trending the other way. The other 1 and 2 win teams don't worry me a bit. They'll win 5-6 games for certain. The Colts, however, do worry me. I don't know if they can win a few games.

And I agree on there being a few QB's that could help Skins.

I'm not a Griffin fan like many on this board are. In fact, I like the guy who outplayed him head to head this week better, Weeden from OSU. But, he's 28 and also might not even be a 1st round prospect. I do like Barkley and Tannehill a lot.

Archived