Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Numbers are overrated,skills,armament,strategy and defensive positions rule.

Hell the girls can outfight most of the Gov's crew

I am a disappointed in Rick, but the Gov is a worse planner though

I like the way Morgan thinks

Numbers are overrated,skills,armament,strategy and defensive positions rule.

Hell the girls can outfight most of the Gov's crew

I am a disappointed in Rick, but the Gov is a worse planner though

I like the way Morgan thinks

Morgan... The guy who was by himself that robbed by a group of three despite having traps set up everywhere? :)

Morgan... The guy who was by himself that robbed by a group of three despite having traps set up everywhere? :)

Yep.....I'm thrilled to see traps/lures

his aim could obviously be better though :ols:, shoulda dropped a few of them grenades;)

Yep.....I'm thrilled to see traps/lures

his aim could obviously be better though :ols:, shoulda dropped a few of them grenades;)

You saw the trunk full of grenades too? I didn't notice Rick shutting the lid and loading it in the car... I'm hoping to see that they did get them and plan to play catch with the governors town later.

I was also happy to finally see some traps. He could have shortened the clear cycle by suspending the rats over a fire pit. Efficiency is everything when facing zombie hordes you know.

Cool graphic frosty.

Here is what bugged me about the last episode. When Carl and Michonne are in the bar retrieving the picture Carl drops it right by the front door on the way out. He waits outside and there are lots of walkers right inside the front door and Michonne reappears a few moments later with the picture in her hand. C'mon!!!

Cool graphic frosty.

Here is what bugged me about the last episode. When Carl and Michonne are in the bar retrieving the picture Carl drops it right by the front door on the way out. He waits outside and there are lots of walkers right inside the front door and Michonne reappears a few moments later with the picture in her hand. C'mon!!!

Ok, maybe the placement of the picture was a little off. But there's a reason she wanted Carl to stay by the door: The Walkers were all fixated on him -- Michonne could get in undetected. At least that's what I thought...

Yeah, the scene where they showed the picture fall at the walkers' feet made it look like it would've been a lot more difficult to retrieve, but we are supposed to assume they were so fixated on Carl outside that she easily walked through the back, grabbed the pic, and hauled ass.

Well, if somebody happens to mention the group going to woodbury, it would help. knowing that the bad guys have a good lay of their land and can identify weaknesses and entry points.

i tell ya what though, taking half of Morgan's arsenal sure helped our group's cause.

Well, if somebody happens to mention the group going to woodbury, it would help. knowing that the bad guys have a good lay of their land and can identify weaknesses and entry points.

i tell ya what though, taking half of Morgan's arsenal sure helped our group's cause.

You can always use the walkers for defense of those weak points and a warning system.....they are not utilizing them as they should.:evilg:

Dumb beasts can be a asset instead of a problem.

should be interesting

You can always use the walkers for defense of those weak points and a warning system.....they are not utilizing them as they should.:evilg:

Dumb beasts can be a asset instead of a problem.

should be interesting

Agreed. The previews for next week's episode look pretty sweet.

I also read somewhere that the writers wanted to bring Morgan back sometime in season 2, but he was so busy with other acting gigs that he didn't have time.

Has any actually seen the mini web series about the bicycle zombie girl mentioned in the facts about TWD a few posts back? If so is it worth watching?

I enjoyed it and wish we had more of them. That was one of the things Darabont wanted to do with the show. In fact, he had plans for standalone episodes focusing on how some of the zombies ended up that way. The season 2 opener would have followed this path if he had his way, focusing on the soldier in the tank from the pilot episode:

The idea was to do this with a very focused “you are there” documentary feel. Not going all shaky-cam, but still making it a bit rawer and grainier than the rest of the show. We’d start with a squad of maybe seven or eight soldiers being dropped into the city by chopper. They have map coordinates they need to get to; they’ve been told to report to a certain place to provide reinforcement. It’s not a special mission, it’s basically a housekeeping measure putting more boots on the ground to reinforce key intersections and installations throughout the city. And we follow this group from the moment the copter sets them down. All they have to do is travel maybe a dozen blocks, a simple journey, but what starts as a no-brainer scenario goes from “the city is being secured” to “holy ****, we’ve lost control, the world is ending.” Our squad gets blocked at every turn and are soon just trying to survive. I wanted to do a really tense, character-driven ensemble story as communications break down, supply lines are lost, escape routes are cut off, morale falls apart, leadership unravels, mutinies heat up, etc.

So the story follows these soldiers through hell as the city falls apart and the squad implodes, with Sam’s soldier being the main character and the moral center of the group. He becomes the last survivor of the squad, and he finally gets to the map coordinates they’ve been trying to get to from the start: it’s the barricade at the Atlanta courthouse intersection from the pilot where Rick later finds the tank. The soldier is still alive when he gets there, but he’s been bitten. He’s accomplished his “simple” mission, but he’s gone through seven kinds of hell to do it (including being forced to frag his squad leader), and now he’s dying. And he crawls off into the tank just to get off the street and under cover. As his fever builds and the poor guy starts to hallucinate, he pulls his last grenade and considers ending his life. He sets the grenade down on that shelf for a moment to reflect on all the **** and misery that brought him to this sad end-point of his life, and to dredge up the courage to pull the pin...but before he can act, the fever burns him out and he dies.

After the soldier dies this squalid, lonely death...and after a quiet lapse of time...we do a shot-for-shot reprise from the first episode of the first season: Rick comes scrambling into the tank to escape the horde...blows that zombie soldier’s brains out...now Rick’s trapped...fade out...the end.

I thought Rick was informed that Carl was the one that saved them when he was making his final decision

yep, him and Hershel referenced it (unsecured areas)unless that was in the preview

I would bet that tonights episode falls flat and dissapoints. .

Agreed. I thought last week's episode with Morgan was great though. But yeah, typically the last few episodes that lead up to the finale do nothing but build drama and tension. I doubt the plot will advance a whole lot tonight.

Agreed, and ends up running Pillsbury or whatever.

Pillsbury Doughboy: Run Pillsbury....wait...what about me...that's my turf!"

pillsbury_doughboy.jpg

I did like how Daryl and one of the Governors guys were talking after killing walkers and they were talking about how they would be fighting again soon. Kind of like soldiers in battle hanging out with each other while the leaders are talking about a cease fire that will not happen.

Archived