Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

To me Andrea's storyline this season has been ridiculously drawn out and repetitive.

It's made it incredibly hard to watch her stupidly falling for the Governor's crap all season and then waffle back and forth about which side to trust.

Now when she decides to leave, she makes it to the prison but is captured again anyway. Ridiculous and pretty annoying.

Andrea really wants to make peace between the prison and Woodbury. She was giving the Governor leeway, because she's more concerned with the real enemy (walkers) than the battle between the groups. Until she saw that he really didn't care about anyone else and was really a psychopath, she was working toward that end.

---------- Post added March-17th-2013 at 11:06 PM ----------

Couldn't disagree more, vis. And listening to Lauren talk about the character's developmental arc to date just confirms my take. :)

I completely agree Jumbo. After listening to Laurie (not Lauren) on Talking Dead, it shines a light on it.

I'd been thinking of Laurie's (thanks for the correction) description of Andrea's journey to date earlier this season, because I too was initially annoyed by some things, but then when I reviewed the matter as a whole it came together pretty solid, IMV.

Andrea really wants to make peace between the prison and Woodbury. She was giving the Governor leeway, because she's more concerned with the real enemy (walkers) than the battle between the groups. Until she saw that he really didn't care about anyone else and was really a psychopath, she was working toward that end.

---------- Post added March-17th-2013 at 11:06 PM ----------

I completely agree Jumbo. After listening to Laurie (not Lauren) on Talking Dead, it shines a light on it.

I didn't watch Talking Dead, but I can't imagine she said anything that would make up for how badly her character has been handled this season.

I understand her trying to work for peace between the two places, and she had definitely become much more tolerable of late,

Still, far too much time was wasted this season making her look like an idiot.

And when she finally wises up, to have her almost make it to the prison and then get captured like that was a pretty big slap in the face to the viewers in my opinion.

And it seems like they're trying to do something similar with Tyrese.

Didn't see Talking Dead, did they explain how the governor beat off the hoard of zombies (I counted more zombies than ammo that gun holds) and still have time to catch up to Andrea at the prison? Did she take the scenic route again?

As much as I love this show, this is starting to get frustrating. Just kill him already and move on!

As much as I love this show, this is starting to get frustrating. Just kill him already and move on!

couldn't agree more.

Love this show. I get the "build up" and everything. But its starting to feel like season 2 at the farmhouse all over again. Each episode has less and less substance and actual plot advancement, and more and more filler/bullcrap.

Didn't see Talking Dead, did they explain how the governor beat off the hoard of zombies (I counted more zombies than ammo that gun holds) and still have time to catch up to Andrea at the prison? Did she take the scenic route again?

I watched a little of it, but it didn't explain in the part I saw. I would assume that he used the shovel he had to beat off what he couldn't shoot, then drove most of the way back to the prison to catch up to Andrea. Of course, why she approached through the trees and not out in the open so Rick and the group could clear a path for her I can't figure out.

Of course, why she approached through the trees and not out in the open so Rick and the group could clear a path for her I can't figure out.

because she's Andrea lol. seriously though, a lot of decisions she makes leave me thinking "wtf"

Sounds like some of you guys need to stop watching serialized dramas and switch back over to Law and Order. Or a movie....

That said, Andrea is pretty ****ing stupid. Who thinks it's an acceptable idea to leave Woodbury and run all the way to the prison with nothing but a pocket knife?

He took the keys to the truck, I'd imagine. ;)

Also (and this is not a spoiler) Lauren Holden says (on Talking Dead) Andrea never gave up the info about Shane/Rick/Laurie triangle and any question of the who was baby's father. She listed other ways the Gov could have known and even just speculated as a cunning sociopath form what basics she did give him about her former group during their initial closeness.

Thought it was a fine episode. The scenes in the dark building during the Andrea/Gov chase were great and a solid ending. I think they're doing a great job of working up to a finale so far.

Okay what am I missing? What does the governor know that we are speculating whether or not andrea gave up info about the Shane/Rick/Lori love triangle? I must have missed that part in the episode last night

Okay what am I missing? What does the governor know that we are speculating whether or not andrea gave up info about the Shane/Rick/Lori love triangle? I must have missed that part in the episode last night

Not last night, but two episodes ago, when Rick and the Governor met in the shed (barn?). Governor mentioned to Rick something about "saving his people, his son, his baby girl".

Sounds like some of you guys need to stop watching serialized dramas and switch back over to Law and Order. Or a movie....

That said, Andrea is pretty ****ing stupid. Who thinks it's an acceptable idea to leave Woodbury and run all the way to the prison with nothing but a pocket knife?

What choice did she have? They took her gun. She decided to risk her life to warn the prison instead of sitting idly by and waiting for the Governor to slaughter them. Geographically, the prison is only a couple miles from Woodbury. Its not like she was going very far.

She's an idiot if she didnt steal the truck/slash the gov's tires.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Even if she couldn't steal the truck (and dammit, hotwiring cars should be a basic survival skill at this point) she was pretty simple to just assume he croaked. Slash the tires, yank the wiring out under the hood, something.

Of course when the script demands she get to try out Michonne's chair first these kind of things are irrelevant. Wonder what little Milton Muffin does when he peeks thru that window and sees her strapped in. He already showed me more cojones than I thought he had just torchin' the pit.

She's an idiot if she didnt steal the truck/slash the gov's tires.

If youre going to call Andrea an idiot for what she did, dont propose alternatives which are even more idiotic.

How could she steal a truck? the only way vehicles can get in and out of woodbury is through the main gate, which is heavily guarded. Similarly, the vehicles are by the gate and heavily guarded. Even if she could have slashed a few tires, it wouldnt have stopped anything. Theyd kill Andrea, repair the tires and be on their way to massacre the prison. Andrea did the only thing she could do - she went to a potential exit that was only guarded by two of the newbies, who would be the least suspicious of her and most inclined to let her go. She asked them to come with her. They didnt.

If youre going to call Andrea an idiot for what she did, dont propose alternatives which are even more idiotic.

How could she steal a truck? the only way vehicles can get in and out of woodbury is through the main gate, which is heavily guarded. Similarly, the vehicles are by the gate and heavily guarded. Even if she could have slashed a few tires, it wouldnt have stopped anything. Theyd kill Andrea, repair the tires and be on their way to massacre the prison. Andrea did the only thing she could do - she went to a potential exit that was only guarded by two of the newbies, who would be the least suspicious of her and most inclined to let her go. She asked them to come with her. They didnt.

I think he is talking about the Gov's truck that he parked outside the abandoned warehouse. Even then, she couldn't steal it if he had the keys. Why slash the tires if she thinks he's dead?

Also, how about not wanting to even take time to try to slash those big mudder tires with her medium-sized knife and risk the SOB getting out past the walkers in time to take a shot? Of course, parsing all the plot details like this so obsessively is more the territory of we rabid viewers more than writers. :)

I think the governor just found his way of obtaining M from Rick.

He'll use Andrea as trade bait. And if Rick doesn't do it, Andrea dies. If Rick gives up M, then M pretty much dies.

Ultimately, I think Rick will end up deciding which one will die by the end of the next episode. Might make him lose it, who knows.

I think the governor just found his way of obtaining M from Rick.

He'll use Andrea as trade bait. And if Rick doesn't do it, Andrea dies. If Rick gives up M, then M pretty much dies.

Ultimately, I think Rick will end up deciding which one will die by the end of the next episode. Might make him lose it, who knows.

I could see this happening

Archived