Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

The wolves couldn't have setup the rock quarry. They discover it the day after Season 5 ends when Rick shoots dude and meets Morgan. The wolves just found the pics of Alexandria that day as well.

They only went out a little ways to bury the bodies and that's why they felt it was a concern since it was so close to the community.

I don't get how the wolves couldn't have set up the quarry. Someone had to position those trucks as to contain the walkers.

And how do we know that the wolves found pics of Alexandria that day?

I don't get how the wolves couldn't have set up the quarry. Someone had to position those trucks as to contain the walkers.

And how do we know that the wolves found pics of Alexandria that day?

Because it shows the wolf going through Eric's backpack and searching through the pics of Alexandria that Eric uses to show people he's trying to recruit. That was at the end of season 5 during Rick's speech

The wolf sees the pic of Rick and Carl, the town, and the fortified walls. Eric left the backpack in the car when he was trapped with Daryl and the guy was searching through it after they put the walkers back in the trailers.

The wolves couldn't have setup the rock quarry. Rick and Morgan discover it the day after Season 5 ends when Rick shoots dude and meets Morgan. The wolves just found the pics of Alexandria the same day porch dick dies as well after finding Eric's backpack he left while trapped In the car with Daryl

They only went out a little ways to bury the bodies and that's why they felt it was a concern since it was so close to the community.

The Wolves may not have trapped the walkers in the quarry, but I can see it coming out they are behind the horn that led the walkers to Alexandria. If they are involved, they had to have a spy within the community. I just can't think of who that may be, when Rick wouldn't allow new people to be brought in, and I can't see the Wolves allowing Alexandria to stand unmolested with someone on the inside before Rick's group arrived. 

Someone said the girl that came back with Heath is one of them, either her or that black guy are the only realistic possibilities for a traitor. What if it's as simple as they've been watching from a distance, figured out what the plan was, and took their chance when the plan was the most vulnerable? 

Btw, what happened to Aaron and his lover? Am I blanking on one of last year's eps's that explain what happened, or was there simply not enough screen time?

They're both still around.

Aaron felt that Eric (I believe that's his name) wasn't suited to go out on the runs to look for survivors deemed trustworthy enough to join Alexandria so they recruited Daryl for the job. That's what Aaron and Daryl were doing when they set off the Wolves trap last season.

So which black guy dies in the next episode?

3 new black dudes have arrived (Morgan, Dreads guy, Black man #2 of dreads guys group. That makes 4, along with Gabriel. They typically don't make it on this show, and usually when one or more is introduced, another is killed off to make room (demographic balancing?) at some point. 4 is the most theyve ever had at once. Odds are The Man is about to take another black man down

We know Morgan isnt going anywhere (unless the producers want everyone in their bloodlines throats slit).

So which black man kicks the bucket?

Personally I think Gabe is getting the axe in the next episode. He was useless for much of the trek to Alexandria, and once they got there.... Barely visible. Makes one last power play, and it all gies to ****, and now no one trust him. Sets the stage for him to die heroically, saving Judith or something, getting his honor back, and getting right with God.

The quarry full of walkers happened for one of the following reasons:

a) A bunch of people set up a camp there, blocking themselves in and got overrun, turned etc. and the whole thing grew from there. If so, stupid idea because you leave yourselves vulnerable to attack from above and inside. I thought I heard someone on the show imply it was an old camp, but seeing it was difficult to make out what people were saying in the black and white scenes (despite having my TV turned up to twice the normal volume - what gives with that on this show???). Couldn't see any signs of it once being a camp, but we didn't see it up close.

b ) Somebody blocked in a herd deliberately in order to save themselves, then left (not so) well enough alone.

c) Somebody (i.e. The Wolves) set it up previously for some reason not specifically related to Alexandria . Rick and co. chanced  upon it before it got put to any use.

Anyway, I expect next week to see what happened back in Alexandria while all of this was going on. It's probably going to culminate in another thinning of the herd, as always seems to go down. I'm reckoning the non-docile housewife version of Carole is going to "do another terminus" as one of the few battle-tested people left behind.

The quarry full of walkers happened for one of the following reasons:

a) A bunch of people set up a camp there, blocking themselves in and got overrun, turned etc. and the whole thing grew from there. If so, stupid idea because you leave yourselves vulnerable to attack from above and inside. I thought I heard someone on the show imply it was an old camp, but seeing it was difficult to make out what people were saying in the black and white scenes (despite having my TV turned up to twice the normal volume - what gives with that on this show???). Couldn't see any signs of it once being a camp, but we didn't see it up close.

b ) Somebody blocked in a herd deliberately in order to save themselves, then left (not so) well enough alone.

c) Somebody (i.e. The Wolves) set it up previously for some reason not specifically related to Alexandria . Rick and co. chanced  upon it before it got put to any use.

Anyway, I expect next week to see what happened back in Alexandria while all of this was going on. It's probably going to culminate in another thinning of the herd, as always seems to go down. I'm reckoning the non-docile housewife version of Carole is going to "do another terminus" as one of the few battle-tested people left behind.

Did everyone miss this in the flashback scene when they were having the meeting and dude with dreads, Heath, said they discovered it as a small camp site? It looked like the workers of the query blocked themselves with the trucks and eventually all turned to zombies, but was small so they left it alone. Then Rick, I believe, basically explained the noises of the zombies just drawn in more and more. So yes A is correct.  

Did everyone miss this in the flashback scene when they were having the meeting and dude with dreads, Heath, said they discovered it as a small camp site? It looked like the workers of the query blocked themselves with the trucks and eventually all turned to zombies, but was small so they left it alone. Then Rick, I believe, basically explained the noises of the zombies just drawn in more and more. So yes A is correct.

Totally missed that. Also, thought this was hilarious.

The most ridiculous things from The Walking Dead premiere:

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/186be63eb4/the-11-most-ridiculous-things-from-last-night-s-the-walking-dead-premiere?_cc=S_m___&_ccid=d5er0x.nw697f

My favorite:

Morgan's Friend

Your “friend” taught you these moves? Was your friend green? Did he wear a mask? Was your friend named after a Renaissance artist? Quick follow-up: Did this friend live in a sewer with a rat? WAS YOUR FRIEND DONATELLO OF THE NINJA TURTLES? That’s what I was implying with those questions. Morgan thinks he’s slick; I had moves like those too when I was six years old

Personally I think Gabe is getting the axe in the next episode. He was useless for much of the trek to Alexandria, and once they got there.... Barely visible. Makes one last power play, and it all gies to ****, and now no one trust him. Sets the stage for him to die heroically, saving Judith or something, getting his honor back, and getting right with God.

I agree with this. They would never admit it, but they engage in demographic balancing on the show. The cycle of black men being introduced and dying has not broken once. Gabe does seem like the likely victim, and I do like your version of his final moments. But I get the feeling they would think it was too...cinematic? Too story driven? A more realistic series of events is Gabe gets a bunch of Alexandrians killed doing the thing he knows how to do best, be a coward and save himself to the detriment of others. But this time he locks himself in a room or house with a walker already in it and sayonara. 

I was largely speaking in terms of the entire show when I mentioned demographic balancing, though I agree with you. They try to represent as many facets of American culture as possible (on top of telling a great story, its how you keep and attract viewer of a different race/religion, etc

For instance, you have:

Rick - White Type A/Alpha male. Go getter, problem solver, conflict ender

Daryl - Enigmatic Bad Boy/Renegade, marches to the beat of his own drummer, has the potential to be good or bad, but has a woman (Carol) keeping the bad in check

Carol - Unshackled battered wife

Michonne - Strong, independent black woman

Glenn - Asian guy ...geek that finds his inner strength

Maggie - The farm girl who wants so desperately to be anything but...

Beth - Cutter

Abe - Good ol' boy

Herschel/Dale - Oldhead

Gabe - Holy man

Aaron - The "Gay friend"

Eugene - Nerdy, sexually awkward comic book mullet guy

Tara - Lesbian

And so on and so forth. They try a careful balancing act. I see what their intent is, but it's obvious that the Dead Black Man is the epicenter of said balancing act

Hey...been meaning to mention this for while...did anyone notice that during one of the preview clips for the this season that they ran often, where it just shows the main characters in dark dramatic lighting, looking at the camera with serious expressions (not from any scene in an episode) and they go onr by one through all those left of the "original" group's major characters (counting the 2nd season as the group's real start)  except one who was missing?

i won't say the name yet of who was left out---see if you guys know---but it played on thoughts i was having anyway about who might die next...

Hey...been meaning to mention this for while...did anyone notice that during one of the preview clips for the this season that they ran often, where it just shows the main characters in dark dramatic lighting, looking at the camera with serious expressions (not from any scene in an episode) that they go through who is left of the "original" groups major characters except one who is missing?

i won't say the name yet of who was left out---see if you guys know---but it played on thoughts i was having privacy anyway about who might die next...

I'll keep a lookout next time. If you mean originals as in the Atlanta group, I honestly can't imagine any of them dying... Not this season at least. Seems like there's room for a culling of sorts (which is likely to come next ep), but for sone of the newer, filler characters, and characters introduced from last season

Archived