Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bleacher Report: Eagles vs. Redskins: 5 Reasons the Eagles will Roll on Sunday

Dub70s

Sorry, but this is some BS.....

This Sunday, the 1-4 Eagles travel to Washington DC to play the 3-1 Redskins. The Eagles are going to beat the Redskins. That's right, the 1-4 Eagles are going to win and there are many reasons why. The Eagles showed a lot of positive signs and those will carry over and lead to a season saving victory.

Here are the top five reasons why it will happen...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/891673-eagles-vs-redskins-5-reasons-the-eagles-will-roll-on-sunday#/articles/891673-eagles-vs-redskins-5-reasons-the-eagles-will-roll-on-sunday

1) It will take an entire season of good play from Grossman to shed his reputation. 4th quarters like he has had against Dallas and St Louis don't help

2) The Redskins have been excellent in forcing turnovers

3) The Eagles line is terrible. I think our d-line can destroy them

4) MV had a once in a lifetime game last year on MNF. I don't think that happens again

I am very nervous about this game. The Eagles can win but I hope these Redskins understand what beating the Eagles would mean to the record as well as the message it would send. I hope we blow them out. I doubt that happens but something is bothering me and I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it was last years beating and the Eagles thinking they can come in here and repeat that. I don't know but I hope LL knocks the snot bubbles out of Jackson and Vick..................HTTR

1) It will take an entire season of good play from Grossman to shed his reputation. 4th quarters like he has had against Dallas and St Louis don't help

2) The Redskins have been excellent in forcing turnovers

3) The Eagles line is terrible. I think our d-line can destroy them

4) MV had a once in a lifetime game last year on MNF. I don't think that happens again

We knew our O was a liability going into this season. We spent our draft building up youth and talent on the D side of the ball (quite well, I might add).

We need to keep reminding ourselves that this team is in the middle of a rebuild. The fact that we are leading our division is gravy at this point.

It's just a shame that the Skins aren't better built to take advantage of the weakness in the division as they would probably be in 2012/2013. These circumstances came a year too early for us, I'm afraid.

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 09:35 AM ----------

I am very nervous about this game. The Eagles can win but I hope these Redskins understand what beating the Eagles would mean to the record as well as the message it would send. I hope we blow them out. I doubt that happens but something is bothering me and I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it was last years beating and the Eagles thinking they can come in here and repeat that. I don't know but I hope LL knocks the snot bubbles out of Jackson and Vick..................HTTR

Brother, if the team doesn't understand how important it is to win this game, they aren't ready for prime time.

Plain and simple.

Vick lit up the Skins on national television last season in Washington. The Skins had no answer for Vick. I don't see what they have done to change that in 2011.

:rotflmao:

I stopped reading when I read this! Apparently, the BleacherReport hasn't been paying attention. The Redskins are "night & day" on defense compared to last year.

This read like something an Eagles fan would write here on ES as his homerificness took over his logic. I mean, I can see the Eagles winning because they are very talented. Vick vs Grossman? Grossman doesn't play defense. Looks like a teeager wrote this garbage.

Nothing to see hear. Move along. (in my best Officer Barbrady voice)

So, if I can summarize their reasoning, here, their five reasons are:

5) I know Rex Grossman has played rather well this year, but I'm sure this week will be different.

4) I know the Eagles have been giving the ball to the other team a lot, but I'm sure this week will be different.

3) I know Nmadi hasn't been doing well for this team, but I'm sure this week will be different.

2) Michael Vick is Chuck Norris, and nothing has changed, for the Redskins or the Eagles, since a year ago, when Vick had the best game of his career, and I'm sure that this week will be exactly the same.

1) I know that our D has been surrendering huge chunks of ground over the middle, but I'm sure this week will be different.

I have no worries at all, this team has a totally different mindset and after watching Redskins Nation and hearing player interviews and what this game means to the team, I have the utmost confidence that this teams head is in the right place...

My prediction:

28-21 Skins

1) It is ****ing Bleacher Report, you know it is an opinion piece

2) It is written by Darren Grossman:

I am a U. of Miami, FL alumni so I'm a Miami Hurricane. I grew up in the Philadelphia area and have always been a huge sports fan. I am a fan of all Philadelphia teams first and foremost.

He tells you he is a Philly fan first and foremost, meaning he admits he is writing with a bias

3) It is ****ing Bleacher Report man....

Really what games has this guy been watching, Vick has turn the ball over 20 times since last year to date and doesn't look like that trends is slowing down. I'll admit there offense is better then ours but the defense is some ****, Nnamdi Asomecrap has been getting thrown on ever game. We did nothing to improve our defense to have an answer for Vick? So i guess that last couple of games we played our defense was getting man handled like last year GOD I hate the media just do a little research before you put ink to paper.

So basically the guy's point is that, in spite of all the flaws and mistakes they have shown over 5 games, they will mystically, magically stop that and play world class football this week, along with the utter dismissal of everything the Skins have accomplished. Ok, I get it.......

Dreamteam.jpg

He's a member of the Dream Team!

the most ironic part of this article is that when you click to view the next slide after he brilliantly stated his point, it is followed by a slide show titled "5 Coaches Who Can Replace Andy Reid in 2012". This article would not support his theory that the Eagles will be turning things around.

1). This dude is an Eagles homer, so this article gets discredited.

2). MV will not have that once in a lifetime game, he must have forgot we broke his ribs in the 1st meeting last year.

3). Their run defense is still suspect, they have no linebackers to help with run support.

4). They still make mistakes by turning the ball over, and we create turnovers actually this year.

5). NA is not that great as everyone thought he'd be, no way they have him finally play man on someone and Fred and CC kills em in the middle of the field.

6). The offensive line sucks ass, MV will be running all over the place and thus creating happy feet.

Overall, they are not that great as advertised.

Reasons:

1. Rex Grossman? He hasn't played well. Did this guy even watch the games?

2. Turnovers? Did Avant fumble twice or did he fumble once and bobble an interception once? I don't remember, either way, this is a lazy article.

3. Nnamdi playing more man to man? Cool bro, I'm sure that taking Moss out of the game will make it to where Ryan Torain isn't running through those huge holes.

4. Michael Vick? Vick has been a worse Bad Rex than Bad Rex. 20 turnovers in his last 10 games and 12 this season.

5. Abandoning the wide-9? Eh, we'll see how this works. You still need linebackers to tackle and cover low in the zone and man to man on the tightends.

Horrible article, wasted 5 minutes of my life on this. This guy could probably get a job with espn because he didn't even watch any of the games.

So this "report" argues:

5 - Rex Grossman. blah blah blah

4 - Less turnovers... based on his belief that this will "eventually" simply fix itself.

3 - He thinks Asomugha will be playing more man to man. Hasn't heard anything just thinks it will be the case.

2 - Mike Vick! The man that failed to finish two games and has 10 turnovers in 5 games accredited to him is going to do it all. The truth is Vick can have a big game and the Eagles can still lose.

1 - Wide 9 will be abandoned because... "Hopefully, Juan Castillo and Andy Reid noticed".

Who can argue with that?

The guy that wrote the article is basing his report on what he thinks will happen and not on reality. If he thinks that the Eagles will somehow wake up on Sunday and play like they did last year? He talks about how Grossman will convert back to the Grossman everyone were use to seeing in Chicago but he doesn't believe that Vick will continue to be the Vick of old from his Atlanta days. Well that is whereVick is at right now. He is playing like the old Vick in Atlanta because he hit pay dirt with his new contract and will continue to do the things that kept him from winning the Super Bowl. I trust Grossman just as much as I do Vick but the difference is that Grossman knows what he has to lose if he plays poorly but Vick doesn't. Andy Reid is his biggest supporter but if they lose because of Vick's continued poor performances then not only will Reid be gone but so will Vick. Another thing that this gus states in his article is about how they will start use Nnamdi in Man-to-Man coverge because they have figured it out. Figured what out out? What games has he been watching? They haven't improved at all. They are questioning everything they are doing and no matter how much he wants to believe they will come out and be an entirely different team he is living in a fantasy world. I am not saying that they can't be beat the Redskins but they aren't going to come out and dominate this team like they did last year. Each team has their reasons why they want to win this game but the edge goes to Washington. It isn't due to them being at home or that the Eagles need it but it is due to the revenge factor and the Eagles disarray. It will be a competitive game but in the end the Redskins will find a way to win the game because of the running game.

:rotflmao:

I stopped reading when I read this! Apparently, the BleacherReport hasn't been paying attention. The Redskins are "night & day" on defense compared to last year.

This read like something an Eagles fan would write here on ES as his homerificness took over his logic. I mean, I can see the Eagles winning because they are very talented. Vick vs Grossman? Grossman doesn't play defense. Looks like a teeager wrote this garbage.

Nothing to see hear. Move along. (in my best Officer Barbrady voice)

Agreed!

Can we say this guy is a iggles fan!!!

Most everyone has taken BR to task for the right reasons. The writer is mostly clueless. One thing he says, however, does worry me. He makes the case that the Eagles did mount a fairly good attempt at a comeback against the Bills. Given more time, they had the momentum to win the game. Thank goodness the final whistle blew. The point is that the Eagles were beginning to turn things around. Will they complete that process against us? I certainly hope not, but I do have my concerns.

This Sunday, the 1-4 Eagles travel to Washington DC to play the 3-1 Redskins. The Redskins are going to beat the Eagles. That's right, the 1-4 Eagles are going to lose and there are many reasons why. The Redskins have showed a lot of positive signs and those will continue to carry over and lead to another home victory.

There, fixed it for BR.

Lucky for us, the Bleacher Report knows more about T & A then they know about sports.

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 11:47 AM ----------

The website clearly just puts up articles on both sides of games in order to please all fan bases.

Look at these articles:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/891292-nfl-predictions-week-6-eagles-in-for-a-long-day-against-redskins-running-backs

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/889913-nfl-2011-why-the-washington-redskins-are-the-best-team-in-the-nfc-east

So, depending on what you type into google, you'll find a bleacher report article saying good things about either side of a game.

Archived