Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bleacher Report: Eagles vs. Redskins: 5 Reasons the Eagles will Roll on Sunday

Dub70s

I'm not sure what you mean.

Are you saying that the anti-Skins steaming load articles are thread worthy because they offer punching bags for the frustrated Skins fan even if they don't add intelligent discussion or debate?

I'm saying I find myself a trifle more tolerant this season due to the progress the team is making, and if that results in threads you question the validity of, oh well so be it, let the people have what they want, joyful exuberance

Sorry, but this is some BS.....

This Sunday, the 1-4 Eagles travel to Washington DC to play the 3-1 Redskins. The Eagles are going to beat the Redskins. That's right, the 1-4 Eagles are going to win and there are many reasons why. The Eagles showed a lot of positive signs and those will carry over and lead to a season saving victory.

Here are the top five reasons why it will happen...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/891673-eagles-vs-redskins-5-reasons-the-eagles-will-roll-on-sunday#/articles/891673-eagles-vs-redskins-5-reasons-the-eagles-will-roll-on-sunday

I just posted this in the comment section... I wonder what kind of intelligent responses I will get?!?!? lol!

"Wow Darren, this sounds like a whole lot of wishful thinking. You are assuming the Eagles are going to miraculously fix a ton of major problems just like that. You also make a ton of claims with no real evidence. So... you just have a "gut feeling"? I understand the Skin's were destroyed on the Monday night game last year, but did you forget that the Skin's won the first meeting? Your hero Vick was knocked out of the game, what happens if he is knocked out again? Even if he isn't he is not the QB he was last year. Have you not noticed the Skin's are a MUCH better defense than they were last year? By the way, the Eagles are 1-4... the Skin's are 3-1, I guess this doesn't mean anything to you. The Skin's are a botched hold on a field goal away from being undefeated. All in all I gotta say, this is some very shotty journalism, better luck next time! "

The writers for the Bleacher Report articles often make poor arguments, but most of the counter-arguments in this thread are just as bad.

The fact that it is a BR article is not relevant at all, nor is the likelihood that the article was written by an Eagles fan. If what he says is logically and factually sound then the source of the article and the author's biases don't matter in the least. So, attack the author's argument if you can.

It's not "likely" that the guy is an Eagles fan. All you have to do is click on the author's name and his icon is that of the Philadelphia Eagles.

The article features no analysis of any kind, instead relying on the kind "well usually this happens, but this isn't going to happen this week" that you're normal dumb old sports fan. It shows no knowledge of our team. He gave 5 reasons why the Eagles will "roll" over us, but he doesn't say anything about our team other than "Rex makes mistakes" and "Nnamdi will be on Santana Moss".

This guy is a featured columnist on their site, but dude is barely writing on a high school newspaper sports page level. And that is why people bash Bleacher Report. If you look really hard, you can find solid, fact-based analysis that you may not agree with, but you can at least say is good. But then there's some guys who clearly have no idea what they're writing about who manage to become regularly featured on that site. It's headscratching sometimes.

It's not "likely" that the guy is an Eagles fan. All you have to do is click on the author's name and his icon is that of the Philadelphia Eagles.

The article features no analysis of any kind, instead relying on the kind "well usually this happens, but this isn't going to happen this week" that you're normal dumb old sports fan. It shows no knowledge of our team. He gave 5 reasons why the Eagles will "roll" over us, but he doesn't say anything about our team other than "Rex makes mistakes" and "Nnamdi will be on Santana Moss".

This guy is a featured columnist on their site, but dude is barely writing on a high school newspaper sports page level. And that is why people bash Bleacher Report. If you look really hard, you can find solid, fact-based analysis that you may not agree with, but you can at least say is good. But then there's some guys who clearly have no idea what they're writing about who manage to become regularly featured on that site. It's headscratching sometimes.

We can't do anything about the quality of the articles coming from the Bleacher Report, ESPN or any any other publication, but each of us can play a small role in improving the quality of the discussion and debate those articles generate in this forum. That was my intention in the post you quoted.

Many posters don't seem to be aware that trashing the source or the author doesn't even put a small, logical dent in the argument, no matter how bad it is.

I think I will writer an article on BR and title it: 5 Reasons The Skins will lose to the Eagles on Sunday

1. The Redskins total defense is so bad that it is ranked 6th in the league whereas the Eagles are ranked 15. And we all know the bigger the number the better it is.

2. The Eagles are ranked 3 in the league overall in offense and there are only two other teams better than the Eagles and the Skins are not one of them.

3. The Skins are ranked 8th in the league as far as rushing goes and since the Eagles are ranked 15 on D they will be able to stop the rush.

4. The Skins are playing home and we all know the Skins like to lose at home.

5. The field is going to be wet after all that rain and the Eagles will have an excuse for every play.

Archived