Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Would you be shocked if the Redskins actually beat the Eagles by 10 or more points?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes, I'd be shocked.

Every time this team has had an opportunity to announce to the football world that "Yes, we are for real and you will have to deal with us all year" we fall flat on our faces OR dominate the team we're playing only to find a way to lose in the last few minutes(recently:MNF,Dallas)......in other words: Norvitis.

I believe we have the ability, just need the team to be focused this Sunday.

I expect nothing but more of the same until this team steps up and proves otherwise.

Well, I think what we've learned about the Eagles so far is that they're ****ed up. It's not just a couple bounces of the ball or freak occurrences that have them at 1-4.

All these expectations... for their season, for the Redskins coming off a bye... the monday night game last year.. Things don't go as expected in the NFL. When the Eagles went 1-4 people shrugged their shoulders with a slightly shocked look and said "hm, well would ya look at that"

When the Redskins win by double digits people will shrug their shoulders with a slightly shocked look and say "hm, well would ya look at that"

Their awful run D isn't going to magically become awesome this Sunday. Despite what some of you think, Kyle is not so 'boneheaded' and 'incompetent' that he won't run the ball, but he's not going to run it 50 times. So don't freak out when you see Rex throw it. That throwing is what's going to contribute to a double digit win.

I mean really how shocked was everyone when we beat the Giants by 2 touchdowns. A little I'm sure, but the Giants have owned us WAY harder recently than the Eagles, so it would come as much less of a shock to do the same to them. That was pretty much the same Giants team from last year, but this Eagles team is all screwed up.

I'm sure many are thinking OPs question is crazy because of all the points the Eagles put up. Our defense is awesome, they're not just going to magically suck on Sunday just like the Eagles aren't magically going to stuff the run.

This is the attitude I'm talking about! Just because it's the Eagles (everybody quivers), doesn't mean anything. As important as the past is, it's never as important as how you view your future. Unfortunately for the Eagles, they viewed their future as the Super Champions instead of being a hungry football team (ie. Redskins). The Eagles are scaring very few teams right now. They have issues that are not a secret! When you find different ways to lose, then you have to be even more concerned of the talent you're facing. However, when you're losing games and it's consistently showing up in the stats, then there's a formula for beating you. The Eagles have now created a formula for getting beat. They can stop it. Will they do it in 4 practices? Will they do it without their starting LT vs Orakpo? Will they do it without their best defensive player? Can they depend on some backup to anchor the middle of their defense? Can they mysteriously create a run defense without giving up the slant as a home run? Did they all of a sudden find a way to stop a TE? Maybe they will mysteriously find a pass blocking lineman or two to give Vick all day to throw? Maybe Vick will learn to slide this weekend vs Landry? Maybe their all pro CB's will shut down the whole offense by themselves? Maybe since their offense has only played poor defenses they find it hard not to turn the ball over each time they get it! The list goes on and on for the Eagles. We've been there. Their attitude isn't going to be enough to stop a top defense and a good running game. If the Skins faulter here then they are missing a very good opportunity this season. I believe this season is already different and this team is the one who really wants to add to the trophy case in 2011.

You never know...if Vick gets sacked a couple of times and get shaken (or worse) then anything is possible.

Our D is key here. As far as O, we need a really good mix from our RB's as eagles rush defense is very poor. 40+ carries is a minimum. Big day from Fred Davies and possibly Armstrong.

I was there last year at the Monday night game...that was awful ! I want any kinda W, 1 point will do.

I was one of the ones who voted this way..Yes! I can barely see the Skins winning, nonetheless by that much ..that being said I do think we can win this game..I agree with you...we need to run the **it out of the ball...with Torain as the featured back...Rex needs to have no tunrovers period...no tipped balls...nothing...that means receivers need to catch them flawlessly...we also need to use some double TE sets and get Cooley involved a lot more in the game...As nice as Fred Davis is Cooley is also a great weapon...plus he protects the ball when running with it...he rarely fumbles or gets stripped because of how he protects the ball while running ...come on Skins...give me a solid win this sunday...1 point win would be fine with me...although I'm out of fingernails to bite....HTTR!!!

i am concerned about this game.... they definately have more talent than we do and they are hungry and desperate for a win..... ill be shocked if we actually win.... but man... im prayin we do.

I'm pretty sure the REDSKINS are hungry and desperate for a win also...hopefully they were watching the MNM (Monday Night Massacre) all week....

It would be way easier to beat 'em by 10+ if our D put the clamps on 'em and held them to their lowest scoring game of the year-- and I see that as more likely than our O magically waking like Sleeping Beauty and scoring a ****load.

I know it isn't likely that Kyle will call 50 runs, but dammit I'd like to see it. LBs in green with their tongues hangin out get O2 on the sidelines, Torain trucking defenders in that 9-tech gap over and over, Helu pitching in relief and sprinting away from them.................. but then I'm a dreamer

I can't see us scoring 30 points and I doubt we hold them to less than 20. As bad as the Eagles defense has been, its the mistakes on their offense that have killed them. Bad defense isn't holding back the Patriots or Bills in the same way as the Eagles. To me it's simple; if Vick and the offense cut out the elementary mistakes then I don't see us keeping up with their scoring. If they continue to screw up then we should beat them, but it will be close.

I can't see us scoring 30 points and I doubt we hold them to less than 20. As bad as the Eagles defense has been, its the mistakes on their offense that have killed them. Bad defense isn't holding back the Patriots or Bills in the same way as the Eagles. To me it's simple; if Vick and the offense cut out the elementary mistakes then I don't see us keeping up with their scoring. If they continue to screw up then we should beat them, but it will be close.

It's the mistakes that kill every team. Only with the Eagles, it's more than that. Their line is bad, they can't protect Vick. That's not a mistake. Vick's making bad decisions, that's not a mistake. The INTs that get stripped or bounce off the receivers' hands, those are the "fixable" mistakes, but it is unlikely that all of a sudden they have flipped that switch. They keep repeating the same mistakes over and over. Almost to the point of them becoming habits :fingersx:

I think we could win ,,, I am not sure we can win by 10 but I would not be surprised ...i also think we could loose and we are being seen by many analysts to drop this one ... but as another poster said I am not getting bummed out before the game .

I actually like some of our match ups - I like the zone blocking Vs the 9 wide defense (seriously?) ... I like the three headed running game to set up the play action pass (though I really hope Rex has been in the Gym this week) ... I am hoping Young is back so we can shift Cooley back to the line because I LOVE our TEs running against the bargin basement LB corp the Eagles have (serioulsy $60+ million on a CB to match with your other $60 million + CBs but not a dime on LBs... crazy) and hopefully Armstrong will be back to add the vertical threat to the passing game or maybe Stallworth can show something .

On defense I like our front 7 to bring preassure on Vick ,

The things I don't like is the D is an agressive D (feast or Famine) and the Eagles O is a big play Offense - Ideally we need to be able to get preasure with only rushing 4 becasue if we can do that we can be a little more conservative on D and swarm tackle the ball carrier (McCoy - if he plays or Jackson) because what I have seen of the Eagles they rely on those quick screens and short passes that go for massive plays and we need to be VERY VERY aware of it ......

We also need someone spying on the QB - Landry or Fletcher for example because if you can limit the damage he can do with his legs then Vick becomes a different QB .

I like the fact there are stories circling about Mangini coming in and players only meetings because the Eagles are near the point they start pointing fingers ... if they can turn this thing round it has to be this week or it could all be too late 1-5 is a horrible hole to try and climb out of and while the season is not lost it is damn close to it ....It is just a shame for the Eagles that this game (while they are 1-4) happens to be against the same team that they shamlessly ran the score up on last season on national TV . In one way the memory of that game is going to fire the Redskins up and in another it could lull the Eagles into thinking we are a soft (win) on the schedule and they could be looking for a simple easy game to bounce back with ..

We may be percived as being lucky if Cole and McCoy are unable to go or are hobbeld but its football - for god sake - no one seemed to care when we were lining back up Cs as OLTs in the past .

Washington is going to kick the crap out of those thunder chickens by at least 10 points. Look for some scoring by the Skins D in this one as the twin assassins (Rak and Kerrigan) get after that big girl vicky and rattle her cage.

Wow this thread?????

We should be happy if we even win. In addition, nobody has beaten the eagles by more than a touchdown. We haven't done anything yet this season to be so ****y.

Nobody has beaten us by more than two points, and we have won by double digits this year. Why do we need to be so pessimistic?

Wow this thread?????

We should be happy if we even win. In addition, nobody has beaten the eagles by more than a touchdown. We haven't done anything yet this season to be so ****y.

Well, the giants did beat them by 13 I think. So I guess that's the optimistic view.

But I don't see it myself. It's hard to imagine them losing 5 in a row like that. And we still have so much trouble scoring. And our own issues with turnovers.

I could see the skins winning by a lot. (To me, that means 2 TDs).

I could see Philly winning by the same margin.

A couple of big plays, either way, could well be the difference.

Thats one reason I'm nervous about this one. In my mind, the Skins very rarely win the "luck battle".

Nobody has beaten us by more than two points, and we have won by double digits this year. Why do we need to be so pessimistic?

Because until we can prove otherwise, we are who we have been historically.

This game and the Cowboys game were opportunities to show we aren't the same old team. Cowboys didn't turn out so well.

The Eagles have an explosive offense. But they also can beat themselves. I think the Skins have improved enough to stay close, and if so -- they'll be in range to snatch a W, when the Eagles do something to self-destruct.

That said, Skins will stilll have to play a relatively error-free game to keep the pressure on the Eagles, and ensure that Reid & Co. find some way to implode again.

Archived