Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Would you be shocked if the Redskins actually beat the Eagles by 10 or more points?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

That is why I am confident that we will win on Sunday. We might not have seen an offense like the Eagles this season, but they haven't seen a defense like ours.

The Eagles have gone up against the #13, #20, #24, #27 and #30 defenses.

They're about to go up against the #6 defense, #3 defense in scoring....on the road...the 2nd of back-to-back road games.

Win or loose, this game will define the Redskins for me. If they play hard, don't fold even in a worse case scenerio, GREAT! Its the PAST Skins teams that piss me off..all talk and can't back it up..aka Hall vs the boys...Shut up and PLAY! What I don't understand is why we don't see Cooley and Davis ALLOT against those LB's. They would have to cover the TE's which opens up lanes for Torain/Hightower..ATTACK midrange...run and DUMP and beat the snot outa the backers...run the wideouts deep keeping the safey's back...

If there was EVER a case of a Riggins/Hogs circa 1982-1983 game plan..this is it. Keeps VIC off the field..problem solved.

The Eagles have gone up against the #13, #20, #24, #27 and #30 defenses.

They're about to go up against the #6 defense, #3 defense in scoring....on the road...the 2nd of back-to-back road games.

My case has been rested.........

People want to focus on that whupping they put on us last year. But we are worlds ahead of that defense. I think this is the week Atogwe makes us all remember why he was brought here. :2cents:

One more thing, One of our RBs will rush over 100 yards. I just don't know which one it will be :ols:

We might not have seen an offense like the Eagles this season, but they haven't seen a defense like ours.

Oh but we have. The Giants have actually scored more points than the Eagles. The other thing is that as much as Vick has gotten hit this year they've only played one team with a good pass rush (Giants) and it just so happens it was the only game they were held below 20 points.

Oh but we have. The Giants have actually scored more points than the Eagles. The other thing is that as much as Vick has gotten hit this year they've only played one team with a good pass rush (Giants) and it just so happens it was the only game they were held below 20 points.

What I meant by that was more skills/ability wise than stats. I am saying that the Eagles are all speed where as the other four teams have been more of a technical type team.

Either way I am confident that all of our additions this off-season will play a huge role of containing Vick. Especially Kerrigan..

I can't wait until this game, I wish I can just fast-forward my life until Sunday at 1. :tantrum:

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 11:28 AM ----------

Only one? :)

I wanted to say two, oh boy was I about to say two, but I think whoever doesn't rush for over 100 will at least have one touchdown.

I believe the Redskins defense can and will shut down the Eagles. I also think we can run against their defense. This combination has me believing the Redskins can and will triumph on Sunday. Our Redskin team is playing with focus, energy, and discipline; and if they continue with that attitude then yes, they can and will dominate an Eagles team that is struggling.

The Eagles are losing shootouts.

Not our specialty. If we win it's gonna be close.

not really. their last two games, they were up big on the 49ers and completely collapsed. no real back and forth shoot out going on. and the bills were up on them huge going into the 2nd half, and the bills offense went to sleep, eagles just couldnt catch up.

if we can pressure vick, he will make bad throws. if he makes bad throws, he turns the ball over. if we run the ball, chew up the clock, and can score TDs instead of field goals, their offense stays off the field and we win. those are the 3 keys.

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 11:52 AM ----------

I'd be shocked. We barely beat the awful Rams. The Eagles are going to score points. To win by 10 or more would imply we score at least 30 points.

im never a homer by any stretch, but our defense is for real. not a single team yet has been able to score points on us like youd expect the eagles to. they have been scoring 20+ on some poor defense so far, we're going to be the best D theyve faced, and theyll be on the road. and that stadium will be heated this sunday.

our whole issue is points on offense. if we stick to the running game, and torain can make it through the game, we win. their linebackers suuuuck and torain is a plow. plus cole is out, as is jason peters, which makes kerakpo much more effective.

not really. their last two games, they were up big on the 49ers and completely collapsed. no real back and forth shoot out going on. and the bills were up on them huge going into the 2nd half, and the bills offense went to sleep, eagles just couldnt catch up.

if we can pressure vick, he will make bad throws. if he makes bad throws, he turns the ball over. if we run the ball, chew up the clock, and can score TDs instead of field goals, their offense stays off the field and we win. those are the 3 keys.

Well, I think the Skins are something like 3rd in the league in terms of time of possession, so we got that going for us.

CaddyShackBillMurrayUnkempt.jpg

Well, I think the Skins are something like 3rd in the league in terms of time of possession, so we got that going for us.

if kyle comes out of the gate trying to have rex throw passes all day long, we're finished. this game needs to be serious ground and pound. i never like just running the ball all day but for a game like this, it is imperative we run the ball down their throat.

Yeah I'd be (pleasantly) surprised. Why? We've struggled in the red zone. They are still very explosive on offense in spite of their shaky offensive line and turnovers.

That being said? IMO, the formula to success this week is to do three things. Run the ball, run the ball and last but not least, run the ball. Win TOP+keep their offense on the sidelines=7-10 point victory.

I voted I expect it. I think if given the chance, the Skins will do to the Iggles what the Iggles did to them last year. We were totally embarassed, including the coaches. I have read comments on Twitter where both Shanny and Haslett are not going to go back and look at last years game this week. The only way to wipe it out is to embarass them the same way.

I think the team is going to be fired up and laying some wood on the Iggles.

if kyle comes out of the gate trying to have rex throw passes all day long, we're finished. this game needs to be serious ground and pound. i never like just running the ball all day but for a game like this, it is imperative we run the ball down their throat.

Well, the Skins are 7th in the league in terms of highest percentage of rushing plays per game, so we got that going for us.

I think the Skins know that. It's a revenge game and they not only want to beat the Iggles, but want to beat them up.

You know, I agree with most points being made like the one above in terms of an intelligent strategy. But as this week has gone on, it sounds more and more like we're playing some hybrid of the 2007 Patriots-1989 49ers rather than the struggling Eagles. I know (and have posted this week) that the Eagles are very explosive, but the tone in a lot of these posts makes it seem like if we miss just one, single opportunity we're going to lose this game by 42 points. We don't have to play a Villanova-Georgetown game to beat the Eagles.

Yes, we have to run the ball and be patient. Yes, we have to get points and preferably TDs when we do get into the red zone. But we are going to have to (and want to) throw the ball as well. And not just to keep the defense honest...some passing plays might actually work and gain yardage on Sunday.

With the way that the beagles have been playing, if we can get out in front and not make mistakes, I believe that the beagles will make mistakes. That would make for potentially a double-digit win. I think that the extra week of planning will help the D contain vick, and make him beat us with his arm, not his legs. Do that, and half of his value is gone.

If we make mistakes though, it could easily go the other way.

I'm a fan who likes to temper his expectations, so I'm going into this believing we're going to be in for a dog fight (ahem ..).

On the other hand though, if we play like I know we can, we can easily beat the Eagles by 10 points or more. We just have to take care of business and play mistake free football.

You know, I agree with most points being made like the one above in terms of an intelligent strategy. But as this week has gone on, it sounds more and more like we're playing some hybrid of the 2007 Patriots-1989 49ers rather than the struggling Eagles. I know (and have posted this week) that the Eagles are very explosive, but the tone in a lot of these posts makes it seem like if we miss just one, single opportunity we're going to lose this game by 42 points. We don't have to play a Villanova-Georgetown game to beat the Eagles.

Yes, we have to run the ball and be patient. Yes, we have to get points and preferably TDs when we do get into the red zone. But we are going to have to (and want to) throw the ball as well. And not just to keep the defense honest...some passing plays might actually work and gain yardage on Sunday.

im just looking at everything about this game.

- the eagles are in complete desperation mode. if they lose this game, the season is done for them. period.

- last time we faced them, they demolished us. obviously were a different team, but its still scary remembering this game.

- their offense is actually doing very well in terms of yardage and points. they just keep turning the ball over. we have to make sure they do, or all those opportunities go away.

- rex has been getting worse each week, and the iggs have a very good secondary. and we know they struggle in run defense, so we have to shove it down their throats.

- 3 of their 4 losses have been by one possession, so they arent getting killed. lost to the bills by 7, 9ers by 1, falcons by 4, so theyve been in close games. so theyre in every single game and we cant let them hang around like we allowed the cowboys and rams to do the past 2 games.

i know theyre 1-4, and i think theyre extremely overrated, but from a talent perspective, the fact that its a division game, and theyll be clawing like mad, we have to stick it to them and capitalize on every opportunity.

So far, I've seen our offense miss a few big plays just by the smallest margin and wouldn't be surprised if we start hitting them. We also know we have a defense and a teams capable of putting points on the board. Yes, we could still keep missing those close plays and/or the Eagles could start hitting the ones they've missed. As we know, when the defense is going for the big play, they sometimes allow the big play instead. Thing to remember, the difference between our 17-12 victory in the first game last year and getting our heads handed to us in the second game was only about 7 plays.

Archived