Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Would you be shocked if the Redskins actually beat the Eagles by 10 or more points?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

First of all I don't expect the skins to win this game. I think the eagles are simply a bad matchup for the redskins. I also am not entirely sure that Kyle is flexible enough to gameplan for the eagle defense. I expect to see Rex throw over the middle a lot and stretch plays in the running game. As a skins fan I would love to be flat out horribly wrong. It would feel great to beat the eagles.

As to the 10 points assuming we win I could see it if Vick was knocked out of the game or if the defense scored. The only double digit win we have this season is against the giants thanks to Kerrigan. The offense has scored 21, 22, 16, and 17. The eagles defense is bad but so was the rams and the cardinals. We scored one more point against a dreadful rams defense as the cowboys pretty good defense. The problem is our offense.

Having said that I hope we win 49-0 while Vick cries quietly on the sideline.

I certainly would. Not because I don't think we have the offense to do it, but because I've seen the Redskins in situations like this before and we seldom (if ever) come out the victors. Plus, the Eagles have our number at FedEx. I know people say history doesn't count, but the Redskins always seem to follow certain patterns no matter who's on the team.

I would be flabbergasted if we end up winning this game and may die from shock if we win by double digits.

I'm a fan who likes to temper his expectations, so I'm going into this believing we're going to be in for a dog fight (ahem ..).

On the other hand though, if we play like I know we can, we can easily beat the Eagles by 10 points or more. We just have to take care of business and play mistake free football.

We're not exactly lighting up the scoreboard this year. To win by 10+ against the Eagles, we'd probably have to score 35+. I just don't see that out of this offense yet. Isn't 3 TD's about the most our offense has scored in a single game this year?

the first option is the majority? really?

i don't get pessimistic ("i'm a realist!") fans. what's the point? seems like a lot of needless worry.

we'll all be bummed if we lose, so why get bummed IN ADVANCE? i'm psyched for this game, because we CAN dominate it. not like in years past where it would take a miracle or a fluke; our team is fundamentally better in many ways. yes, there are also dangerous matchups, but i'm looking forward to seeing the Redskins meet those challenges.

As to the 10 points assuming we win I could see it if Vick was knocked out of the game or if the defense scored. The only double digit win we have this season is against the giants thanks to Kerrigan.

Agreed, gotta have big plays from the Defense; Im hoping D. Hall decides this is his game to make another ProBowler statement like last year's Bears game.....would love a pick from him, but obviously will be happy with anyone from the D stepping up. The offense could also step up and help out our DEF, which has been holding down the bulk of the load thus far.... just heard no trent cole and no jason peters...im liking our odds

Only way this happens is if Vick gets hurt (quite possible) or our defense figures out a way to shut down their offense completely (unlikely but possible). They are scoring 25 ppg. I predict 17 or 20 if our defense plays well but gives up a couple of plays as is expected. I dont see us scoring 27 or 30.

The thing is, and the reason I'm thinking we can win by 10 or more is because our offense has gotten a lot of redzone chances. Like normal however, they haven't been able to score in the Redzone other than with Gano. Now, with a run first offense and with the Eagles having a horrible front 7, if our running game is on point, we should be able to get into the redzone more than we normally do. Hopefully we can contain Vick, keep him in the pocket and deliver some shots on him and cause him to bullet the ball to one of our guys in the secondary, or of course Kerrigan again. lol

Well, I think what we've learned about the Eagles so far is that they're ****ed up. It's not just a couple bounces of the ball or freak occurrences that have them at 1-4.

All these expectations... for their season, for the Redskins coming off a bye... the monday night game last year.. Things don't go as expected in the NFL. When the Eagles went 1-4 people shrugged their shoulders with a slightly shocked look and said "hm, well would ya look at that"

When the Redskins win by double digits people will shrug their shoulders with a slightly shocked look and say "hm, well would ya look at that"

Their awful run D isn't going to magically become awesome this Sunday. Despite what some of you think, Kyle is not so 'boneheaded' and 'incompetent' that he won't run the ball, but he's not going to run it 50 times. So don't freak out when you see Rex throw it. That throwing is what's going to contribute to a double digit win.

I mean really how shocked was everyone when we beat the Giants by 2 touchdowns. A little I'm sure, but the Giants have owned us WAY harder recently than the Eagles, so it would come as much less of a shock to do the same to them. That was pretty much the same Giants team from last year, but this Eagles team is all screwed up.

I'm sure many are thinking OPs question is crazy because of all the points the Eagles put up. Our defense is awesome, they're not just going to magically suck on Sunday just like the Eagles aren't magically going to stuff the run.

Yeah, I can see it happening. I wouldn't predict it. But if we play mistake free football and get a break or two, I could see things turning a little ugly for the Eagles.

It doesn't take much to turn a game into a 10 point margin. Look at Bengals - Jaguars last week Bengals are down by 4 with 11 minutes left, and one drive and a desperation pick 6 turn it into a 30-20 win for the Bengals, but it was really a close hotly contested game.

The offense will score at least 21 points...Torrain and Hightower both will score a TD, and a receiver will score a TD. I don't think the Eagles will score more than 20 points. If we establish the run game, very effectively, our defense will stay fresh to contend, or dominate their offense. Perhaps, the defense will score a TD, as well.

Run, baby, run!

You never know...if Vick gets sacked a couple of times and get shaken (or worse) then anything is possible.

Our D is key here. As far as O, we need a really good mix from our RB's as eagles rush defense is very poor. 40+ carries is a minimum. Big day from Fred Davies and possibly Armstrong.

I was there last year at the Monday night game...that was awful ! I want any kinda W, 1 point will do.

I'm not at all concerned about this upcoming game against the Eagles. We have firepower on both sides of the ball. If Grossman can eliminate the turnovers, the Redskins can win by more than ten. Rex showed that the offense is capable of doing just that against the Giants. Now, let's see if they can do it against the Eagles.

Archived