Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb throws for 39 yds in Vikings opener LOL

SteveFromYellowstone

Shannahan got a great deal for him

The second time.... :kickcan:

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 12:22 PM ----------

Great line on NFL.com

"McNabb threw for less yards in the second half than there are Khardashian sisters."

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 12:31 PM ----------

By the way, here are his 3rd down passes in the second half yesterday. It gives me some bad flashbacks:

1. 3rd and 7 - Scramble for 10 yards

2. 3rd and 6 - Pass short incomplete to Berrian

3. 3rd and 10 - Pass short incomplete to Peterson

4. 3rd and 8 - Pass deep incomplete to Berrian

5. 3rd and 10 - Sacked -10 yards

I mean, it's great he sucked and all but we shouldn't really be gloating.

Didn't we surrender a 2nd and a 5th round pick for him?

Everyone makes mistakes.

I doubt we'd all be ragging on him if the guy wasn't a toolbox on the way out and while he was here. Or at least not here. But in the time since it was a fargone conclusion that he wouldn't be playing for us, everything we've heard about him; from the wristband, to his work ethic, to the way his agent attacked Kyle in particular, to his subtle digs at feeling like a robot and how much freedom Bill Musgrave gives him, and even Musgrave's little comment about how he doesn't understand why you don't give a Pro Bowl quarterback freedom, to the reports of Bill Musgrave doing what Kyle (allegedly) refused to do and pretty much adapting his entire offense to feature more of things he's comfortable with...

For McNabb to do all that for the organization that did trade two draft picks for him when Andy Reid was ejected him like he was used goods, and then payed him a huge contract that he didn't earn, whether or not he clashed with Kyle, to see him finally go where he wanted and play for the team he wanted to all along and have an offensive coordinator who has less balls to tell him to run his system his way, and for him to BOMB...I think that's where all the gloating is coming from.

Jesus. The schadenfreude in here is so thick you could cut it with a tomahawk.

That is precisely what every single sports fan does after every game they watch.

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 01:17 PM ----------

Everyone makes mistakes.

I doubt we'd all be ragging on him if the guy wasn't a toolbox on the way out and while he was here. Or at least not here. But in the time since it was a fargone conclusion that he wouldn't be playing for us, everything we've heard about him; from the wristband, to his work ethic, to the way his agent attacked Kyle in particular, to his subtle digs at feeling like a robot and how much freedom Bill Musgrave gives him, and even Musgrave's little comment about how he doesn't understand why you don't give a Pro Bowl quarterback freedom, to the reports of Bill Musgrave doing what Kyle (allegedly) refused to do and pretty much adapting his entire offense to feature more of things he's comfortable with...

For McNabb to do all that for the organization that did trade two draft picks for him when Andy Reid was ejected him like he was used goods, and then payed him a huge contract that he didn't earn, whether or not he clashed with Kyle, to see him finally go where he wanted and play for the team he wanted to all along and have an offensive coordinator who has less balls to tell him to run his system his way, and for him to BOMB...I think that's where all the gloating is coming from.

Thank you :applause:...as Skins fans we endured about 9 months of ridicule and criticism aimed at our team and our coach by both the media and McNabb and his agent. I think 24 hours of "returning the favor" isn't much to ask lol :ols:...

This is about how the Shanahans were vilified here and in the media by those naive enough to fall for McNabb's passive aggressive act.

It turns out McNabb really is overrated, has been for some time, and bending your system to meet his demands doesn't seem to work. And, no, our 6 win team doesn't become a 3 win team just because we dumped this so-called "proven" QB.

McNabb clearly put his personal image and ego before his team. He also insulted everyone's intelligence with his little amateur PR stunts. And he wasted almost a year of our time. So, yeah, I root against him.

This is about how the Shanahans were vilified here and in the media by those naive enough to fall for McNabb's passive aggressive act.

It turns out McNabb really is overrated, has been for some time, and bending your system to meet his demands doesn't seem to work. And, no, our 6 win team doesn't become a 3 win team just because we dumped this so-called "proven" QB.

McNabb clearly put his personal image and ego before his team. He also insulted everyone's intelligence with his little amateur PR stunts. And he wasted almost a year of our time. So, yeah, I root against him.

I see things differently.

1- if Shanahan had been honest and just told the press "we aren't happy with his performance at QB and we're going with Rex" much of the side show would have been averted. The whole conditioning, phantom injury, and knowledge of the offense evolving story line was a soap opera the media loved to talk about. If your QB is playing poorly bench his ass for that and man up about it.

2- if it wasn't for Kurt Warner I'd be more convinced he's entirely overrated. He looked bad in New York and then magically returned to his amazing self in Arizona. Mcnabb got a lot done with garbage wide outs. I don't know if he's entirely overrated or only works in one system but whatever it is he looks finished in the NFL. 39 yards is unacceptable for a 3rd string QB.

3- His PR stunts were half of an entirely mishandled situation. Bottom line is he should never have been a redskin. We could have Grossman and Colt McCoy (a younger better John Beck) and still have a 3rd rounder if we didn't trade for Donovan. He had his agent fight his OC in the media and frankly both should know better.

Andy Reid is probably one of the best QB coaches ever. If he wasn't coaching the Eagles he'd probably have won several super bowls under better head coaches elsewhere. He's made every QB he's started look good. From McNabb, to Feely to Garcia to Kolb to Vick. He's received draft picks for several QB's who then completely failed at their next stop,he's Belichick-like if QB's were playoffs and super bowls. A complete failure postseason but his qb's have great stats. Feely owned Mc Nabb in stats and wins. So did Garcia.

In 2002 McNabb went 7-5, got hurt, Feely took over to finish the season that was seemingly over after the injury to the franchise QB, but he went 4-1, McNabb came back for the playoffs in which they lost at home to Tampa, a team that had never won a road playoff game in their existance and supposedly couldn't handle the cold of Philly. They blew the Eagles out 27-10 in Philly.

In 2006 McNabb went 5-5 and the team seemed doomed since they dumped Owens and they had no WR's at all. They had nothing on offense but when McNabb got hurt it was decided by everyone that Philly would finish 6-10 at best. A 36 year old Garcia took over, went 5-1 and got them to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Garcia was dumped by several teams before he did this in Philly and had nothing left. He was done, but he replaced McNabb and did more than McNabb would have done if he'd never have been injured.

This might be part of why I doubted the Mc Nabb trade from the beginning but I was told otherwise back then so I said I'll wait and see.

McNabb isn't anything other than a product of Andy Reid, IMO.

I mean, it's great he sucked and all but we shouldn't really be gloating.

Didn't we surrender a 2nd and a 5th round pick for him?

Again you miss the point. The point is he was a major problem with our offense last year and this is just more documentation to support that fact. He's no longer our problem. I've heard a lot of people say that this offense didn't suit his strengths and that is utter BS. The offense suited him fine other than he never learned it. Gone is the "Superstar" and we have two journeymen who make the offense look worlds better than it did the first 13 games last year.

Here are our passing stats since Donovan was benched last year:

4 games, 160 att, 91 comp, 1,145 yds, 9 TD, 4 Int

Over a full season that translates to:

640 att, 364 comp, 4,580 yds, 36 TD, 16 Int.

McNabb extrapolated out to 16 games:

581 att, 338 comp, 4,156 yds, 17 TD, 18 Int

Archived