Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DT:‘You mad bro?’ meme stirs racial tension at Ohio football game

Destino

I certainly don't want to dredge up any old deep seated resentment over good times of happy black people slapping five and calling one another bro in a spirit of kinship.

(Am I allowed to say "slapping five"? Has that been sufficiently whitened over the decades so it's OK? )

Maybe "You mad, fellows?" or "Are you gentlemen angry?"

would have been more racially accepting.

Yo! Look! theyr'e callin' us bros, bro!

Daaaamn bro! That is some racist **** right there bro!

I hear you bro!

So much for King's dream.

~Bro

can we start a petition to end the word "meme"? Can't we call it something else?

I would like to also do away with the word "utilize". What a terrible word- I'm hearing it more and more :doh1:

JUST SAY "USE". USE. NO NEED TO SAY UTILIZE. Are you trying to impress everyone? I got news for you, you're not. You sound like an idiot.

can we start a petition to end the word "meme"? Can't we call it something else?

I would like to also do away with the word "utilize". What a terrible word- I'm hearing it more and more :doh1:

JUST SAY "USE". USE. NO NEED TO SAY UTILIZE. Are you trying to impress everyone? I got news for you, you're not. You sound like an idiot.

I'm facilitating a workshop where we can explore how stakeholders and the broader community utilize various memes. Are you in, bro?

I think that this reflects, most of all, a lack of internet cultural awareness in the black community. They obviously were not up on their 4chan memes like they should be.

I suggest free computers and internet access for all black people in order to ensure that they waste as much time on memes as we pasty white folks do.

:movefast:

:ols:

I thought I was the only one that hates that term. When did the term 'catch phrase' stop working?

Thing is that catch phrase really doesn't cover what an internet meme is, because a meme is more of a multi-headed theme based off a central idea, it can be an image, or certain phrasing, which really makes it difficult to say that a meme=catch phrase, but instead a meme=the multitude of internet jokes and images that spawn from a viral pic or video.

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 01:02 PM ----------

Its my girlfriend

Sure it is. :ols:

Can we compromise? Can we say "use-tilize" or does that sound too ethnic? Oh wait...was that a racist question I just asked?

Archived