Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DT:‘You mad bro?’ meme stirs racial tension at Ohio football game

Destino

Heat of the moment is no excuse to point a race finger for no reason. They should've been mad at the poor sportmanship alone instead of ignorantly throwing the race card.

Where did I say it was ok for them to point the racist finger??? The phrase can come off racist though, but in this specific situation its not...

How can the phrase come off racist?

Well lets say the mostly white Damascus team is crushing the mostly black Coolidge team in football and after every big play the Damascus players keep saying things like "how about that BRO", "you suck BRO", "you mad BRO", and etc. then it can come off racist with the excessive use of bro against a African American team...

Well lets say the mostly white Damascus team is crushing the mostly black Coolidge team in football and after every big play the Damascus players keep saying things like "how about that BRO", "you suck BRO", "you mad BRO", and etc. then it can come off racist with the excessive use of bro against a African American team...

So could "You" in that case then, should "You" be a racist term?

What? So a white person can't say anything to a black person in fear that it will be racist. Bro is not a racist term, so this argument you have makes no sense.

If they had simply used the surfer dude colloquial "brah" instead they would have been perfectly fine...

Although then they might get called for racism if they were playing a Hawaiian team.

<this is a joke - for the sarcasm impaired>

I can attempt to defend it or in better terms explain it. What you guys are failing to realize is this is a team that just lost a game. They are obviously bitter meaning anything can set them off in the heat of the moment. "You mad bro" should be a phrase to really anger someone after a lost. I don't really agree with it being a racial thing, but i'll tell you what...the African Americans on the losing team are going to feel some kind of way seeing a bunch of Caucasians holding up a taunting sign after the game. Its like that Boise State guy going into Blount ear and saying that phrase (or something close to it) you will get a reaction. Happily in this case its just people screaming racism instead of fists being thrown.

We even do it on here. Lets say when we were getting crushed by the Eagles...we were saying Vick is still scum, Eagles never win a championship, Desean Jackson is a asshat, etc.. People will claim,do, and say stupid things in the heat of the moment. I don't think what the sign said was racist, but I thank God for giving me the gift to look at things from a different point of view.

feelings_never_change.pngumaad.gif

Archived