Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Fantasy Football 2011 Discussion

ACW

I didn't know that you were capped at 3 for your RBs and WRs, which is idiotic. Having a cap at 3 discourages any depth whatsoever.

Who is Brown for TE? I would check to see if Cook is available or like GF stated Moeaki, if not I would just stick with Watson, who's not a horrible option as a back up TE.

Yep, we're capped at 3 max for those positions and 2 people for all other positions. Also, I meant to write Cook for TE instead of Brown (I edited the post), but Cook is gone anyway. Who is this Moeaki???

ETA: we can only flex the WR/RB positions but are capped at 3 total per position. And Moeaki and Tamme (from Indy) are both available at TE. Is it worth it to drop Benjamin Watson for either of them?

Yep, we're capped at 3 max for those positions and 2 people for all other positions. Also, I meant to write Cook for TE instead of Brown (I edited the post), but Cook is gone anyway. Who is this Moeaki???

ETA: we can only flex the WR/RB positions but are capped at 3 total per position. And Moeaki and Tamme (from Indy) are both available at TE. Is it worth it to drop Benjamin Watson for either of them?

Definitely not for Tamme. He's their 2nd TE so you're relying on Dallas Clark getting injured again or him getting looks in 2 TE sets when Clark is on the field. It's like drafting Fred Davis when Cooley is perfectly healthy. Moeaki maybe, but he still isn't recovered from knee surgery. I suggest you compare who's left to a TE ranking on ESPN or Yahoo or something, and see who their experts think the best available is, rather than have people in this thread guess at who might still be there

I understand your thought with waiting on RBs, but what if your pick is 1 - 5. I mean the value of a stud RB there compared to the next tier of RB is a big gap. The 2nd you can still get a high value tier 1 WR. And a Tier 2 QB in 3 or 4. The problem I have with your strategy is the gap between a tier 1 RB and a tier 3 or 4 RB is a huge swing not in your favor. At the other positions it is much smaller of a gap.

Its funny you said that because some guy in the mock draft was saying the same thing...I picked 7th BTW. Unfortunately you really can't tell me anything. I am stuck on drafting a WR with my first 2 picks no matter what. Only exception is if i'm picking late (like 10th or 11th) and Manning is there in the 2nd with lets say Greg Jennings there too. If I believe I can get Jennings after the next two guys draft twice then I would make that move to draft Manning right there. Now I know my RBs are kinda weak, but they are decent and is surrounded by a all-star cast. If anyone one of my RBs can play a decent game (about 14+ points) then I should win every week. Or if one of them develop into a all-star or both of them contribute on and off then i'm winning the championship...

I would just stick with Watson, but be sure to check on the status of his knee injury. The main reason I would go with Watson over Moeaki is because of the QB situation. I trust McCoy much more than I trust Cassel. It's basically a toss up, but I'd stick with Watson.

Its funny you said that because some guy in the mock draft was saying the same thing...I picked 7th BTW. Unfortunately you really can't tell me anything. I am stuck on drafting a WR with my first 2 picks no matter what. Only exception is if i'm picking late (like 10th or 11th) and Manning is there in the 2nd with lets say Greg Jennings there too. If I believe I can get Jennings after the next two guys draft twice then I would make that move to draft Manning right there. Now I know my RBs are kinda weak, but they are decent and is surrounded by a all-star cast. If anyone one of my RBs can play a decent game (about 14+ points) then I should win every week. Or if one of them develop into a all-star or both of them contribute on and off then i'm winning the championship...

Well at 7th it could make more sense, because Tier 1 RB will be gone in the top 6 picks most likely. I think you have a lot of "IFs" you are hoping will pay off, but I will curious to see how it pay offs for you. Personally I look at fantasy football as more of a statistic model and value the tier system more. I tend not to care about a player, but which tier they fall in and the gaps between tiers in the point system.

Definitely not for Tamme. He's their 2nd TE so you're relying on Dallas Clark getting injured again or him getting looks in 2 TE sets when Clark is on the field. It's like drafting Fred Davis when Cooley is perfectly healthy. Moeaki maybe, but he still isn't recovered from knee surgery. I suggest you compare who's left to a TE ranking on ESPN or Yahoo or something, and see who their experts think the best available is, rather than have people in this thread guess at who might still be there

Well, our league is on CBSsports and they have Tamme listed higher than Moeaki, so I'll try ESPN and a few other places to see what I can come up with. Thanks.

It depends on the league you play in. If you're playing in a PPR league and have a mid pick and all elite RBs are gone, then you go WR-WR in the first 2 rounds no problem; however, if you in a standard or TD league, then going WR-WR is going to hurt you big time.

Now if you have a top 5 pick and don't go RB, then have fun playing catch up all season. The difference between the elite RBs and regular RBs is greater than the difference between the elite WRs and second tier WRs.

---------- Post added August-30th-2011 at 04:31 PM ----------

Well, our league is on CBSsports and they have Tamme listed higher than Moeaki, so I'll try ESPN and a few other places to see what I can come up with. Thanks.

There's no need for Tamme to be higher than Moeaki, unless Clark gets injured again. Tamme is useless in fantasy as things stand today.

I would just stick with Watson, but be sure to check on the status of his knee injury. The main reason I would go with Watson over Moeaki is because of the QB situation. I trust McCoy much more than I trust Cassel. It's basically a toss up, but I'd stick with Watson.

Yeah, I've been checking the injury updates and he's supposed to be ready to go by the 1st game. I'm actually starting to think I should just stick with him too as long as he's healthy. I really don't want to pay $4 to drop/add a guy who may or not be any better than Watson.

Yeah, I've been checking the injury updates and he's supposed to be ready to go by the 1st game. I'm actually starting to think I should just stick with him too as long as he's healthy. I really don't want to pay $4 to drop/add a guy who may or not be any better than Watson.

Yeah, if you have to pay anything to get Moeaki and drop Watson then don't do it.

How unusual. Maybe it's some kind of holdover thing based on how they performed last year?

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/rankings

Eisenberg:

Tight Ends

1 Antonio Gates SD $10 (Bye: 6) Outlook

2 Jason Witten DAL $8 (Bye: 5) Outlook

3 Jermichael Finley GB $7 (Bye: 8) Outlook

4 Vernon Davis SF $7 (Bye: 7) Outlook

5 Dallas Clark IND $7 (Bye: 11) Outlook

6 Owen Daniels HOU $6 (Bye: 11) Outlook

7 Jimmy Graham NO $4 (Bye: 11) Outlook

8 Kellen Winslow TB $3 (Bye: 8) Outlook

9 Greg Olsen CAR $3 (Bye: 9) Outlook

10 Brandon Pettigrew DET $3 (Bye: 9) Outlook

11 Rob Gronkowski NE $2 (Bye: 7) Outlook

12 Tony Gonzalez ATL $2 (Bye: 8) Outlook

13 Dustin Keller NYJ $1 (Bye: 8) Outlook

14 Aaron Hernandez NE $1 (Bye: 7) Outlook

15 Marcedes Lewis JAC $1 (Bye: 9) Outlook

16 Zach Miller SEA $1 (Bye: 6) Outlook

17 Brent Celek PHI $1 (Bye: 7) Outlook

18 Chris Cooley WAS $1 (Bye: 5) Outlook

19 Todd Heap ARI $1 (Bye: 6) Outlook

20 Lance Kendricks STL $1 (Bye: 5) Outlook

21 Kevin Boss OAK (Bye: 8) Outlook

22 Jermaine Gresham CIN (Bye: 7) Outlook

23 Jared Cook TEN (Bye: 6) Outlook

24 Benjamin Watson CLE (Bye: 5) Outlook

25 Heath Miller PIT (Bye: 11) Outlook

26 Ed Dickson BAL (Bye: 5) Outlook

27 Visanthe Shiancoe MIN (Bye: 9) Outlook

28 Jeremy Shockey CAR (Bye: 9) Outlook

29 Tony Moeaki KC (Bye: 6) Outlook

30 Travis Beckum NYG (Bye: 7) Outlook

31 Anthony Fasano MIA (Bye: 5) Outlook

32 Fred Davis WAS (Bye: 5) Outlook

Richard:

Tight Ends

1 Antonio Gates SD $12 (Bye: 6) Outlook

2 Dallas Clark IND $10 (Bye: 11) Outlook

3 Jason Witten DAL $10 (Bye: 5) Outlook

4 Vernon Davis SF $9 (Bye: 7) Outlook

5 Owen Daniels HOU $7 (Bye: 11) Outlook

6 Jermichael Finley GB $7 (Bye: 8) Outlook

7 Greg Olsen CAR $5 (Bye: 9) Outlook

8 Kellen Winslow TB $3 (Bye: 8) Outlook

9 Tony Gonzalez ATL $3 (Bye: 8) Outlook

10 Marcedes Lewis JAC $2 (Bye: 9) Outlook

11 Brandon Pettigrew DET $2 (Bye: 9) Outlook

12 Jimmy Graham NO $2 (Bye: 11) Outlook

13 Rob Gronkowski NE $2 (Bye: 7) Outlook

14 Chris Cooley WAS $1 (Bye: 5) Outlook

15 Zach Miller SEA $1 (Bye: 6) Outlook

16 Jared Cook TEN $1 (Bye: 6) Outlook

17 Brent Celek PHI $1 (Bye: 7) Outlook

18 Kevin Boss OAK $1 (Bye: 8) Outlook

19 Aaron Hernandez NE $1 (Bye: 7) Outlook

20 Dustin Keller NYJ (Bye: 8) Outlook

21 Todd Heap ARI (Bye: 6) Outlook

22 Jermaine Gresham CIN (Bye: 7) Outlook

23 Tony Moeaki KC (Bye: 6) Outlook

24 Heath Miller PIT (Bye: 11) Outlook

25 Lance Kendricks STL (Bye: 5) Outlook

26 Visanthe Shiancoe MIN (Bye: 9) Outlook

27 Evan Moore CLE (Bye: 5) Outlook

28 Anthony Fasano MIA (Bye: 5) Outlook

29 Benjamin Watson CLE (Bye: 5) Outlook

30 Ed Dickson BAL (Bye: 5) Outlook

31 Jeremy Shockey CAR (Bye: 9) Outlook

32 Fred Davis WAS (Bye: 5) Outlook

I don't know, but I just checked the TE FA list and they have Tamme listed first and Moeaki 3 spots under him. But, I've decided just to stick w/ Watson so I don't have to pay the $4 and see how things play out. Hopefully Hernandez will be a beast and I'll only need Watson during his bye.

Just use fantasypros.com They rank by accuracy of the fantasy gurus.

---------- Post added August-30th-2011 at 05:11 PM ----------

I don't know, but I just checked the TE FA list and they have Tamme listed first and Moeaki 3 spots under him. But, I've decided just to stick w/ Watson so I don't have to pay the $4 and see how things play out. Hopefully Hernandez will be a beast and I'll only need Watson during his bye.

Tamme is high because Dallas Clark was injured last year. His numbers were pretty good last year. Fantasy projections take last years stats to come up with projections. Tamme might not have a single point this year.

If Moeki is there, I'd grab him. The chiefs are designing plays specifically to get him more involved this year.

---------- Post added August-30th-2011 at 05:14 PM ----------

Yeah, if you have to pay anything to get Moeaki and drop Watson then don't do it.

Agreed.

my plan for this year...

-draft top WRs with first 3 picks

-if Manning slip to round 3 then get him

--draft elite TE with pick #4

-in round 5 or 6 draft either Big Ben or Matt Schaub

-stock up on RBs like Ingram, Hightower, Addai, Ryan Grant, Daniel Thomas, and random sleeper (would like to have at least 3 of these guys)

-don't really have a plan for defense yet, but would most likely like to have the Jets, Ravens, or Steelers

-possible late round guys - Ryan Fitzpatrick, McNabb, LT, Sanchez, and Ronnie Brown

damn i'm a genius...http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/2011-kubiak-vs-adp (overvalued and undervalued players)

I drafted in the 10th spot, in a 10 person league this evening, and took:

10 Drew Brees, NO QB

11 Michael Turner, Atl RB

30 Mike Wallace, Pit WR

31 Santonio Holmes, NYJ WR

50 Jahvid Best, Det RB

51 Beanie Wells, Ari RB

70 Ryan Mathews, SD RB

71 Malcom Floyd, SD WR

90 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE

91 James Jones, GB WR

110 Jay Cutler, Chi QB

111 Patriots D/ST D/ST

130 Bernard Berrian, Min WR

131 Dustin Keller, NYJ TE

150 Chargers D/ST D/ST

151 Mason Crosby, GB K

QB, 2WR, 2RB, Flex, TE, DEF/ST, K.

Football outsiders is awesome btw.

If manning doesn't play, you can have Clark, Tamme and any other Colt you want.

Curtis Painter couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, and Kerry Collins.. they may as well have signed Vinny Testaverde.

With Manning they're a 12-4 team. Without him they're 3-13 at best. He's that much of it.

~Bang

So after the 12 team draft (I picked 9th) my RB/WR situation was as follows: Please keep in mind my league starts 2 RB and 3WR (no flex!). Non PPR.

RB:

Lesean McCoy

Darren McFadden

Matt Forte

Joseph Addai

Michael Bush

WR:

Brandon Lloyd

Brandon Marshall

Malcolm Floyd

Mike Thomas

Danny Amendola

I did the following trade:

Gave Matt Forte and Brandon LLoyd for Vincent Jackson.

Everyone says I got fleeced, but the way I see it I gave a bench player and Brandon Lloyd for Vincent Jackson.

Thoughts?

Sleeper TEs:

Graham *surely gone*

Cook

Moeaki

Boss

Fred Davis

Todd Heap (goes nice with Kolb)

If you don't mention Greg Olsen, you don't know sleeper TEs. Athletic freak who's been stuck playing in Mike Martz's extremely TE-unfriendly scheme, suddenly the darling of the Carolina Panthers who:

1) Were willing to give up value to get Olsen, suggesting he's a big part of their plans

2) Will be starting a young QB, and young QBs are notorious for their reliance on their tight ends

3) Feature a TE-friendly offense designed by a former TE

You're sleeping on a tremendous sleeper.

RBs:

Kendell Hunter

Brandon Jacobs

Jerome Harrison

All three may be starting this year.

True. Problem is, if all three start, then all three will be terrible.

When it comes to RBs who "may start," you have to make sure that you're sitting on backs who won't suck out loud if they do happen to luck-box their way into a starting gig. Here are a couple super-sleepers who could actually handle multiple NFL starts:

- Ben Tate

- Roy Helu

- DeMarco Murray

- Alex Green

When it comes to stashing players on your roster, you want to stash guys who would actually be able to crack your starting lineup if they wound up getting 20 touches a game. Hunter, Jacobs, and Harrison would all wilt at that possibility.

But go ahead, start them and enjoy the 57 yards you get at 2.2 ypc.

So we just started a slow draft in one of my leagues. This new guy has the 9th pick. Its his first year playing fantasy so we are expecting some laughs but nothing major...with the 9th pick...he takes Tom Brady. I bit of a reach...but not horrible...i guess. So his next pick he takes Philip Rivers....yes...Rivers. This isnt a 2 starting qb league and tds are only 4 points. So we all get a giggle...and the commish gives him some pointers. We shrug it off as some rookie blues....

Then the hilarity ensues...with his third round pick...the guy takes....wait for it....sitting down? You might want to....

Vonta Leach!!!!...I kid you not. A FB with his 3rd round pick. Ahmad Bradshaw, Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson all still available...and he takes a fb who scored a total of 17.10 points the entire season last year...

Needless to say I damn near crapped my paints. Just wanted to share.

So we just started a slow draft in one of my leagues. This new guy has the 9th pick. Its his first year playing fantasy so we are expecting some laughs but nothing major...with the 9th pick...he takes Tom Brady. I bit of a reach...but not horrible...i guess. So his next pick he takes Philip Rivers....yes...Rivers. This isnt a 2 starting qb league and tds are only 4 points. So we all get a giggle...and the commish gives him some pointers. We shrug it off as some rookie blues....

Then the hilarity ensues...with his third round pick...the guy takes....wait for it....sitting down? You might want to....

Vonta Leach!!!!...I kid you not. A FB with his 3rd round pick. Ahmad Bradshaw, Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson all still available...and he takes a fb who scored a total of 17.10 points the entire season last year...

Needless to say I damn near crapped my paints. Just wanted to share.

wow, that guy has no business playing fantasy football.

If I offered Dwayne Bowe and Ryan Grant for Shonn Greene and Lee Evans do you think I would be giving up too much, not enough, or fair value?

FWII...

My other WR are Fitzgerald, Maclin, Collie, Lance Moore and Jordy Nelson

My other RB are Steven Jackson, Best, Jerome Harrison and Delone Carter

If I offered Dwayne Bowe and Ryan Grant for Shonn Greene and Lee Evans do you think I would be giving up too much, not enough, or fair value?

I think it's not a fair trade only for the Bowe aspect. He's clearly better than anyone else in the deal, and Evans likely will not approach his numbers.

I don't like any of your running backs, so something has to be done. Shonn Green disappointed last year, and I am leery. Tomlinson still has too much in the tank and could make Greene another FF afterthought. Grant for Greene is fair at this point.

I'd Keep Bowe if I could. He may help offset what could easily be a paltry season of points from your RBs

~Bang

Archived