Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Fantasy Football 2011 Discussion

ACW

Man my WR-WR strategy just went down the drain. I got the 1st pick (worst freakin case scenario)...who should I draft guys...CJ, Foster, or AP???

Why are you debating Foster or CJ? Foster might miss a month of the season and CJ isn't even playing. Easiest call ever for AP. I'd pick AP even if those other two were in play.

Man my WR-WR strategy just went down the drain. I got the 1st pick (worst freakin case scenario)...who should I draft guys...CJ, Foster, or AP???
AP. Hell, even if none was injured and CJ was prcticing AP.

Pick All Day every day.

Under no circumstances should Rice ever be picked before Peterson until he starts scoring more TDs. It's all about the TDs. I like big TDs baby.

I'm not so sure about that.

Rice catches about twice as many balls as Peterson, and those add up in a PPR league. If he has 25 more catches than AP, that's worth 4 TDs right there, without even counting the yardage on those receptions.

I like AP, and right now, if I had the first pick, that's probably the direction I'd go. But in a PPR league those pass plays can add up in a hurry.

I'm not so sure about that.

Rice catches about twice as many balls as Peterson, and those add up in a PPR league. If he has 25 more catches than AP, that's worth 4 TDs right there, without even counting the yardage on those receptions.

I like AP, and right now, if I had the first pick, that's probably the direction I'd go. But in a PPR league those pass plays can add up in a hurry.

All my leagues were PPR last year (and will be this year) and Peterson still outscored Rice. ;)

All my leagues were PPR last year (and will be this year) and Peterson still outscored Rice. ;)

Yeah, he did, but that was last year. However, this year McGahee is gone and the best FB in the league is leading the way for Rice.

I'm not saying it's not close, but I think Rice will end up posting better numbers in a PPR league than Peterson will.

Yeah, he did, but that was last year. However, this year McGahee is gone and the best FB in the league is leading the way for Rice.

I'm not saying it's not close, but I think Rice will end up posting better numbers in a PPR league than Peterson will.

We'll see! You could be right. Not saying you won't be. I'd certainly take Rice #2 in a PPR league if Peterson was taken #1. :)

Also, the mock drafts on yahoo are addicting. I just finished yet another one. It was a 10 team league, and I chose the #10 spot, where I'm really comfortable drafting. I chose Rodgers and Fitz back-to-back with my first two picks. Here's my team. Thoughts, anyone?

QB: Aaron Rodgers

WR: Larry Fitzgerald

WR: Dwayne Bowe

WR: Jeremy Maclin

RB: Ahmad Bradshaw

RB: Benjarvus Green-Ellis

TE: Dallas Clark

K: Sebastian Janikowski

D: Giants

reserves:

QB Josh Freeman

WR Malcom Floyd

WR Deion Branch

WR Steve Breaston

RB Knowshon Moreno

TE Brandon Pettigrew

My strategy is pretty clear. I went hard after WRs early and got good, but not elite RBs later. I have no RB depth, and that's obviously the weakest part of my team. But both Bradshaw and Green-Ellis are solid producers, so I wouldn't be disappointed with them as my starters with the rest of my team the way it is.

I don't know about those receivers there, RP.

Fitz has a big QB question and a ton of pressure on him to perform early and spectacularly to merit that contract.

I like Bowe

Maclin and his "mystery ailment' would have me concerned, who the hell knows what that all is, and it's got me wondering if Jason Avant isn't finally going to get a chance to come into his own.

Dallas Clark is alright ... if Manning plays. If manning misses a month that is a month that Clark will be useless to you. if he misses two months, that's two months he will be useless to you.

I'm scared of Colts this year, I gotta say. Manning even considering missing a game is huge,, and given the fact he's never missed one, I have to think that it is serious enough that it may really be significant time off.

I dunno,, those receivers and the bench receivers may be your downfall. Too many questions and ifs.

~Bang

Fitzgerald would perform well even if I was his QB. I don't think he's a concern. Maclin might be though, but something doesn't sit right with me regarding DJax this year. I either think he's going to get injured or get enough attention for Maclin to put up more consistent numbers.

btw, I honestly like Clark more with Collins than Manning. Just because the TEs are usually a substitute QBs best friend. Safeguard receiver.

I'm starting to whore out mock drafts and this thread in general. After these two rosters, I'll stop posting so many teams, I swear. :ols:

I controlled two different teams in the same 10 team mock draft. The first team had the #1 pick, and the 2nd team had the #7 pick. Which team would you rather have?

Team 1:

QB: Tom Brady

WR: Greg Jennings

WR: Steve Johnson

WR: Malcom Floyd

RB: Adrian Peterson

RB: Benjarvus Green-Ellis

TE: Antonio Gates

K: Sebastian Janikowski

D: Steelers

reserves:

QB: Matt Ryan

WR: Santana Moss

WR: Deion Branch

RB: Michael Bush

RB: Brandon Jacobs

TE: Brandon Pettigrew

Team 2:

QB: Aaron Rodgers

WR: Roddy White

WR: Dwayne Bowe

WR: Jeremy Maclin

RB: Peyton Hillis

RB: Ryan Grant

TE: Vernon Davis

K: Billy Cundiff

D: Jets

reserves:

QB: Josh Freeman

WR: Hines Ward

WR: Braylon Edwards

RB: Mike Tolbert

RB: Ben Tate

TE: Dustin Keller

Under no circumstances should Rice ever be picked before Peterson until he starts scoring more TDs. It's all about the TDs. I like big TDs baby.

In PPR league yes Rice could be taken over Peterson. Rice will score more TD's with Willis out of the picture and actually he has lobbied to get the those goal line touches.

---------- Post added September-1st-2011 at 07:20 AM ----------

Hey what spot has Chris Johnson gone in everyones draft so far? Just contemplating taking him if he fell to the 8-10 spot of my draft this weekend.

Tuesday night, CJ fell to 8. Last night, he went six.

Had another draft last night. 10 team, PPR. Tenth pick, thought hard about going WR/WR. Couldn't pass on Foster though.

QB: Schaub, Bradford

RB: Foster, Bradshaw, Blount, Hightower, Tate

WR: R White, M Austin, S Moss, M Floyd, D Bess

TE: Daniels

Saints D

Alex Henery

I had my autopick draft last night. 10-teams and PPR with return yards. So I think I am looking pretty good. I need to work on my 3 IDP, but those are pretty easy to change in and out every week. Also, who would you drop on here to pick up a kicker. I have to start all my IDP.

1. (10) LeSean McCoy RB

2. (11) Chris Johnson RB

3. (30) Steven Jackson RB

4. (31) Greg Jennings WR

5. (50) Wes Welker WR

6. (51) Brandon Marshall WR

7. (70) Matt Ryan QB

8. (71) Marcedes Lewis TE

9. (90) New England DEF

10. (91) Mike Vrabel LB

11. (110) Jordan Senn LB

12. (111) Eric Smith S

13. (130) Knowshon Moreno RB

14. (131) Ryan Mathews RB

15. (150) Joe Flacco QB

16. (151) Danny Amendola WR

17. (170) Brandon Pettigrew TE

18. (171) Brent Grimes CB

19. (190) Darren Sproles RB

20. (191) Robert Meachem WR

21. (210) Danny Woodhead RB

I had my autopick draft last night. 10-teams and PPR with return yards. So I think I am looking pretty good. I need to work on my 3 IDP players, but those are pretty easy to change in and out every week.

The other people in that league must be idiots. You have 3 top 12 RBs, 2 Top 10 PPR WRs, and Ryan who could be a borderline top 10 QB this year. Championship!

The other people in that league must be idiots. You have 3 top 12 RBs, 2 Top 10 PPR WRs, and Ryan who could be a borderline top 10 QB this year. Championship!

Thanks man! I pre-set 200 guys before the draft past on PPR rankings and just let it roll. I was shocked when I pulled it up this more to see who I got.

---------- Post added September-1st-2011 at 08:37 AM ----------

Is anybody in a league like mine were you have to pick def players? Also I have the #2 pick and was thinking of taking Rodgers, Brady, or Arian Foster. Tough decision

I would take Ray Rice to be honest. Foster may be worse off then first thought. I would take Foster at 5 or later, but not number 2 if he will miss a few weeks. Also, I play with IDP and it is pretty simple. You can pick up guys week to week. Sometimes the studs here don't mean much.

I had my autopick draft last night. 10-teams and PPR with return yards. So I think I am looking pretty good. I need to work on my 3 IDP, but those are pretty easy to change in and out every week. Also, who would you drop on here to pick up a kicker. I have to start all my IDP.

1. (10) LeSean McCoy RB

2. (11) Chris Johnson RB

3. (30) Steven Jackson RB

4. (31) Greg Jennings WR

5. (50) Wes Welker WR

6. (51) Brandon Marshall WR

7. (70) Matt Ryan QB

8. (71) Marcedes Lewis TE

9. (90) New England DEF

10. (91) Mike Vrabel LB

11. (110) Jordan Senn LB

12. (111) Eric Smith S

13. (130) Knowshon Moreno RB

14. (131) Ryan Mathews RB

15. (150) Joe Flacco QB

16. (151) Danny Amendola WR

17. (170) Brandon Pettigrew TE

18. (171) Brent Grimes CB

19. (190) Darren Sproles RB

20. (191) Robert Meachem WR

21. (210) Danny Woodhead RB

I just wanted to give this a bump. Who would you guys drop for a kicker? I can't drop any IDP guys.

I just wanted to give this a bump. Who would you guys drop for a kicker? I can't drop any IDP guys.

I say Woodhead. He'll do well this year, but no way he has another year like last year. With BGJE, Vereen, and Ridley in the backfield now, I don't see Woodhead being used as much.

Plus you're loaded at RB anyway

I say Woodhead. He'll do well this year, but no way he has another year like last year. With BGJE, Vereen, and Ridley in the backfield now, I don't see Woodhead being used as much.

Plus you're loaded at RB anyway

Yeah. ESPN has him as WR or RB, but since he doesn't return, I'd say bye-bye Danny.

Archived