Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Fantasy Football 2011 Discussion

ACW

If I offered Dwayne Bowe and Ryan Grant for Shonn Greene and Lee Evans do you think I would be giving up too much, not enough, or fair value?

FWII...

My other WR are Fitzgerald, Maclin, Collie, Lance Moore and Jordy Nelson

My other RB are Steven Jackson, Best, Jerome Harrison and Delone Carter

Is this a PPR league?

Well... Ended up missing my first draft last night... Turned out interesting... I dont really have a stud RB or WR, but I think I can trade for each due to the QBs I have. I would imagine some of the other guys are pissed.... lol

My roster:

Drew Brees QB

Philip Rivers QB

Peyton Manning QB

DeAngelo Williams RB

Jahvid Best RB

Pierre Thomas RB

Michael Bush RB

Ricky Williams RB

Brandon Lloyd WR

Kenny Britt WR

Mario Manningham WR

Pierre Garcon WR

Lance Moore WR

Zach Miller TE

Josh Brown K

Chargers D/ST D/ST

I think it's not a fair trade only for the Bowe aspect. He's clearly better than anyone else in the deal, and Evans likely will not approach his numbers.

I don't like any of your running backs, so something has to be done. Shonn Green disappointed last year, and I am leery. Tomlinson still has too much in the tank and could make Greene another FF afterthought. Grant for Greene is fair at this point.

I'd Keep Bowe if I could. He may help offset what could easily be a paltry season of points from your RBs

~Bang

Grant is such a wildcard, I wouldn't even think about trading Shonn Greene for him. Shonn did disappoint last year, but all signs point to NYJ feeding him and feeding him until the wheels come off. Ryan Grant looks to be a down trend, and may not be the starter by week 5.

I understand being slightly leery of Shonn Greene, but not THAT leery

Grant is such a wildcard, I wouldn't even think about trading Shonn Greene for him. Shonn did disappoint last year, but all signs point to NYJ feeding him and feeding him until the wheels come off. Ryan Grant looks to be a down trend, and may not be the starter by week 5.

I understand being slightly leery of Shonn Greene, but not THAT leery

Bowe makes me that leery.

If it's me, I do what I can to get Bowe out of that deal. In looking at his roster, Bowe will probably be one of his biggest contributors. his other receivers have a ton of question marks (except Moore, and the ball is spread around too much in NO to rely on any of them to be your #1 guy, IMO), and his RBs could be a disaster.

Definitely he needs to do something about his running backs.

~Bang

I think it's not a fair trade only for the Bowe aspect. He's clearly better than anyone else in the deal, and Evans likely will not approach his numbers.

I don't like any of your running backs, so something has to be done. Shonn Green disappointed last year, and I am leery. Tomlinson still has too much in the tank and could make Greene another FF afterthought. Grant for Greene is fair at this point.

I'd Keep Bowe if I could. He may help offset what could easily be a paltry season of points from your RBs

~Bang

I don't know, I have a bad feeling about Bowe. I didn't realize how much his production dropped at the end of last season. Plus, KC brought in Baldwin with their first pick this year and added Breaston, who has a history with Haley from Arizona.

There is no way he would take Grant for Greene.

Is this a PPR league?

Yes it is.

16 team PPR draft last night. Here's my squad. Waited on qbs one turn too many

QB- Cassel, C McCoy, Grossman

RB- Ray Rice, Reggie Bush, Pierre Thomas, Ben tate, Roy Helu (homer pick)

WR- Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Danny Amendola, Jacoby Jones, Eddie Royal

TE- Dallas Clark

K- Bironas

DEF- Houston

If he's available in your league, go pick up Colt McCoy. Just take a look at that scheudule until week 12. Yes, I've talked myself into him already..... :)

16 team PPR draft last night. Here's my squad. Waited on qbs one turn too many

QB- Cassel, C McCoy, Grossman

RB- Ray Rice, Reggie Bush, Pierre Thomas, Ben tate, Roy Helu (homer pick)

WR- Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Danny Amendola, Jacoby Jones, Eddie Royal

TE- Dallas Clark

K- Bironas

DEF- Houston

If he's available in your league, go pick up Colt McCoy. Just take a look at that scheudule until week 12. Yes, I've talked myself into him already..... :)

I like your QBs, because you have a nice plug-and-play week-to-week. The RBs are a little suspect. Rice is strong, but you fall way off after that. You may find one starts to show flashes and week to week start, but you may struggle during a bye week. How many do you start at each position?

Personally I would drop Grossman and look to pick up another deep sleeper RB,WR or TE. I think it is a waste of space on your roster and you might find one guy who can get hot after the first couple of weeks.

I drafted in the 10th spot, in a 10 person league this evening, and took:

10 Drew Brees, NO QB

11 Michael Turner, Atl RB

30 Mike Wallace, Pit WR

31 Santonio Holmes, NYJ WR

50 Jahvid Best, Det RB

51 Beanie Wells, Ari RB

70 Ryan Mathews, SD RB

71 Malcom Floyd, SD WR

90 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE

91 James Jones, GB WR

110 Jay Cutler, Chi QB

111 Patriots D/ST D/ST

130 Bernard Berrian, Min WR

131 Dustin Keller, NYJ TE

150 Chargers D/ST D/ST

151 Mason Crosby, GB K

QB, 2WR, 2RB, Flex, TE, DEF/ST, K.

Football outsiders is awesome btw.

I like the Berrian pick. Donovan McChuckitdeep has found a nice report with him. Farve never used him much.

Keepers Question:

I've got a dilemma I'd like some advice on. I can only keep one player from each position for the year. I can keep Peterson and give up my first rounder or Jamaal Charles and give up a fourth rounder in the draft. I don't think either is a bad move but am kind of leaning on Charles since he would be more value based.

Keepers Question:

I've got a dilemma I'd like some advice on. I can only keep one player from each position for the year. I can keep Peterson and give up my first rounder or Jamaal Charles and give up a fourth rounder in the draft. I don't think either is a bad move but am kind of leaning on Charles since he would be more value based.

So basically it's drafting AP in the 1st or Charles in the 4th. I'd keep JC as well.

Keepers Question:

Gotta be Charles. Having that first would be nice.

I like your QBs, because you have a nice plug-and-play week-to-week. The RBs are a little suspect. Rice is strong, but you fall way off after that. You may find one starts to show flashes and week to week start, but you may struggle during a bye week. How many do you start at each position?

Personally I would drop Grossman and look to pick up another deep sleeper RB,WR or TE. I think it is a waste of space on your roster and you might find one guy who can get hot after the first couple of weeks.

2 RB, 2 WR, one flex.

Roster limits. I cant pick up another WR or RB without dropping one. With 16 teams the pickings are slim anyway. When the hot FA comes around, maybe I'll blow most of my FA budget on him.

I know my entire season hinges on Reggie Bush. But if they really split him out like they've been talking, he could be a monster in PPR. If he stays healthy, naturally. Otherwise that will be my weak point, but in a league this size nobody is set at every position......

ClaytonESPN John Clayton

ESPN's Dr. Michael Kaplin thinks Arian Foster could be out three to four weeks with his hamstring injury. He's done light jogging for 2 days

Guess whoever drafted Ben Tate in both their leagues is sitting pretty.

If anyone who kept (myself) or drafted Foster and didn't grab Tate then that's their stupidity; especially with the way Tate has looked this preseason.

Weird, how Tate still listed as the 3rd RB behind ward...I have both though, trying to trade the guy who has foster for a WR. I offered him Tate and Jacoby Ford for (Anquan Boldin). He said no way...then tried Tate for Plax straight up...said no way.

Keeper question. Just looking for some different points of view. I have Foster as a keeper in my league, and I have the third pick in the draft. We can only keep one player....I also have Blount as a possible keeper. With the news of Fosters hammy...and the fact it could linger on for awhile...would I be crazy to keep Blount over Foster? Thing is this is a ppr league and Blount offers nothing in terms of receptions. Either move would be risky in my opinion...was hoping to get some other views on it.

Thanks

Keeper question. Just looking for some different points of view. I have Foster as a keeper in my league, and I have the third pick in the draft. We can only keep one player....I also have Blount as a possible keeper. With the news of Fosters hammy...and the fact it could linger on for awhile...would I be crazy to keep Blount over Foster? Thing is this is a ppr league and Blount offers nothing in terms of receptions. Either move would be risky in my opinion...was hoping to get some other views on it.

Thanks

Keep Foster, but be sure to get Tate as insurance. As you said Blount really doesn't offer much, and it sounds like at worst Foster will be back by Week 3.

I have an autopick draft tonight and decided to remove Foster completely from my pre-draft list. I spend about an hour the other pre-selecting the order for 200 guys. I removed all Ds and Kickers from my list so I won't draft any. I really hate autopick drafts, but I know some guys in this league and decided to play anyways.

My thoughts on Foster is I don't want to waste a 1st round pick on him if he will miss 2 or 3 weeks. I might take him 9th or 10th in the first round or if he fall to the 2nd, but being an autopick I don't have that luxury. It would all just depend on who is on the board.

Archived