Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Fantasy Football 2011 Discussion

ACW

Poker its 12 people and 2 RBs, 2WRs and 1 flex. I think my WRs are nasty. with Ward, Jackson and Andre. Its pretty much given those guys will average about 70-80 yards a week on a poor week.

yeah, those WRs are dirty. Your RBs can be dangerous, but again, you should keep your eyes peeled in the first couple weeks and see if you can find another RB so you have more options. I mean, with how good your top WRs are, you don't really need that many; I don't think you'll be switching them out that often. Good players at TE, K, and DEF. Roflcakes should do the job just fine at QB, and I'm guessing Sanchez will seeing your lineup pretty rarely.

I have the #1 pick in a PPR league and I am torn on who to take. Foster's injury scares me so I was planning on taking AP but am having second thoughts and considering Rice (because it's PPR). Anybody got any solid advice that can help sway me either way (or another way)?

I'd take Rice and then look for an elite WR (if available) or a RB like Forte, Gore, or S. Jackson.

what do you think of this team I just got done drafting, it's a 12 team league.

QB: Philip Rivers (league is 6 points for passing TD's, 20 yards per point)

RB: Matt Forte

RB: Steven Jackson

WR: Brandon Marshall

WR: Mario Manningham

W / R: Ryan Mathews

TE: Owen Daniels

K: Josh Brown

Def/ST: SanFran (I switch week to week they play Seattle week 1)

BN: Ryan Grant

BN: Danny Amendola

BN: Malcolm Floyd

BN: Johnny Knox

BN: Braylon Edwards

BN: Ryan Torain

---------- Post added September-4th-2011 at 11:32 PM ----------

how many folks in your league, 2k? Looks pretty good as far as I can tell, though you may want to look into getting more RB depth (nothing against the players you have, just the number of 'em, assuming you can play 2-3 per week).

Didn't get any feedback on my team in the Madden/FF forum, so I'd like to see if I'll get a bite here:

12 team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 K, 1 DEF/ST

1. (11) LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB)

2. (14) Michael Turner (Atl - RB)

3. (35) Mike Wallace (Pit - WR)

4. (38) DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)

5. (59) Marques Colston (NO - WR)

6. (62) Vernon Davis (SF - TE)

7. (83) New York (NYJ - DEF)

8. (86) Neil Rackers (Hou - K)

9. (107) Josh Freeman (TB - QB)

10. (110) Sidney Rice (Sea - WR)

11. (131) James Starks (GB - RB)

12. (134) Matt Cassel (KC - QB)

13. (155) Michael Crabtree (SF - WR)

14. (158) Todd Heap (Ari - TE)

15. (179) Thomas Jones (KC - RB)

I'm really happy with the value I got at QB. I kept finding better value elsewhere until everyone had selected a QB and saw Freeman still hanging around, so I waited a few rounds since everyone else already had their guy.

I love lesean escpially if it's ppr, still great if not, but I'm not a big turner fan a little too inconsistent for me. WR are solid, although Colston is a little inconsistent since the Saints spread it around so much. TE good of course, crabtree could be a sleeper on your bench if alex smith finally starts to play good. I would ditch thomas Jones for someone else though, and I don't think rice will be very good with Tarvaris throwing him the ball, maybe try to swing a trade with him. You're right about Freeman great value pick, and should only get better this year. Overall good team, should be a playoff contender.

Had my draft this morning. 10-team standard yahoo league.

QB: Tom Brady

RB: Chris Johnson

RB: Tim Hightower

WR: Greg Jennings

WR: Dwayne Bowe

WR: Chad Ochocinco

TE: Rob Gronkowski

K: Rob Bironas

D: Pitt

BN: Knowson Moreno

BN: Fred Jackson

BN: Santonio Holmes

BN: Mike Sims-Walker

BN: Matt Cassell

BN: LaDainian Tomlinson

Need to know which 3 of these 4 backs to go with for Week 1:

Deangelo Williams vs. Cardinals

Felix Jones vs. Jets

Tim Hightower vs. Giants

Joe Addai vs. Texans

IMO, it's Hightower by a longshot.

Williams

Addai but that's likely as bad as Jones against the Jets defense. The Texans defense is going to be much better this season.

Week 1 start sit opinions needed:

Running Back (2): Rice vs Pitt, Ingram at GB, Grant vs NO, and Benson at CLE

WR Just 1 spot left: Lee Evans vs Pitt, J. Ford at DEN, Branch at Miami

Thanks

Sit Rice. I hate to say that, but I'd likely even sit AP against Pitt's rush D.

I'm torn between starting Rodgers against New Orleans or Matt Stafford against the Bucs. I sort want to go with Stafford because I think he's primed to have a big year and played lights out in the preseason. Rodgers might struggle in NO like last season. Their secondary is good - pass rush not so much.

I forgot to mention it was a PPR league so I am still tempted to start him.

I would normally say to sit him against Pitt's D. But its not like you have any better options. Your running backs are kind of weak.

---------- Post added September-5th-2011 at 05:23 PM ----------

:ols: you never sit Rice or AP under any circumstances unless you have both and can only start one.

That's not necessarily true. What if he had, say, an Arian Foster also on his roster, and he was facing a terrible run defense?

Rodgers didn't play at NO last year, and it's at Lambeau. ALWAYS play Aaron.

---------- Post added September-5th-2011 at 05:26 PM ----------

:ols: you never sit Rice or AP under any circumstances unless you have both and can only start one.
Dude, Rice had only 6 TOTAL points against Pitt in 2 games last season (9 if you include receptions; don't know if rushing attempts count in PPR).

---------- Post added September-5th-2011 at 05:26 PM ----------

That's not necessarily true. What if he had, say, an Arian Foster also on his roster, and he was facing a terrible run defense?
Show me the league where I have all 3 and I'll show you a league full of :dunce: :ols:

I just got finished drafting.

12-team, PPR league, TD passes are only worth 4 points, instead of 6, don't know why.

Starting line-ups are: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, D/ST, K (no flex)

I had the 5th pick:

1st round (5): RB Ray Rice

2nd round (20): WR Larry Fitzgerald

3rd round (29): RB Felix Jones

4th round (44): TE Antonio Gates

5th round (53): WR Brandon Marshall

6th round (68): WR Stevie Johnson

7th round (77): RB James Starks (Struggled with this pick. Both him and Grant were there, and so was Stafford and Stafford was taken right after this pick.)

8th round (92): QB Sam Bradford

9th round (101): WR Danny Amendola

10th round (116): D/ST Ravens

11th round (125): RB Danny Woodhead

12th round (140): TE Jimmy Graham

13th round (149): QB Kyle Orton

14th round (164): K Rob Bironas

15th round (173): WR Earl Bennett

16th round (188): RB LaRod Stephens-Howling (I'm looking at dropping him and picking up Helu; or should I just stay pat? I know Chester Taylor just signed with the Cards)

Starters:

QB: Bradford

RB: Rice, Felix Jones

WR: Fitzgerald, Marshall

TE: Gates

K: Bironas

D/ST: Ravens

Just finished up my draft. 10 team league, non-PPR.

QB: Tony Romo sits to pee

RB: Adrian Peterson

RB: Frank Gore

WR: Greg Jennings

WR: Santonio Holmes

WR: Jeremy Maclin

TE: Vernon Davis

K: Garrett Hartley

DEF: Dallas

Bench:

RB: Ryan Mattews

RB:Marshawn Lynch

WR: Austin Collie

WR: Lee Evans

WR: Malcolm Floyd

QB: Kyle Orton

you took Starks much too early, I think, Bushwack. I waited for Grant to be taken and then another couple rounds, getting him in the 11th. At this point, we don't know how many carries he'll be getting and I think you could've gotten better value in the 7th round.

Yeah, that was by far my worst pick, and I should have gone with my gut and gotten Stafford and then paired him up with Bradford instead of being stuck with Bradford and Orton, but I don't plan on Starks, Woodhead, and whoever my 3rd RB will be to be much of a factor since there's no flex in my league. Rice and Jones will be starting every week, except week 5 (both on bye). I wish I could have that pick back, but nothing I can do about it now.

Archived