Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Fantasy Football 2011 Discussion

ACW

I would go Greene over Lynch without a second thought. I don't know that you can even say he's got a more crowded backfield at this point. LT has another year on him, and is probably going to look more like he did at the end of 2010 than the beginning.

Lynch just isn't as good, is playing for a Seattle team that ought to struggle to get much done on offense, and supposedly Leon Washington has looked like a threat to steal some carries.

If you forced me to pick one, I'd go Rice. I think he's the safer pick, by far. That said, if you could guarantee that DMC would play at least 14 games, he'd be tempting. Very, very tempting.

---------- Post added September-2nd-2011 at 11:18 PM ----------

Got CJ with the 7th pick, then signs his extension the next day, could not have pulled that one off any closer. Hope he is able to get into game shape quickly, and not get injured. What do you guys think of Fred Jackson, he is one of my backups.

Fred Jackson's fine as a backup, it's hard to tell for sure until the middle of the season and we see how everything shakes out between him and Spiller. As a third-stringer he's perfectly serviceable.

Got Foster with the 8th pick in an 11 team standard scoring league on Thursday night, had to reach for Tate in the 10th to be sure but I feel pretty good about this one, starts 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, flex, def, kikcer

qb - stafford, cutler

rb - Foster, Felix, HIghtower, Tolbert, Tate

Wr - Calvin, Dez, Julio Jones, Lee Evans, Amendola

Def - Detroit

Kicker - Matt Bryant

Got Foster with the 8th pick in an 11 team standard scoring league on Thursday night, had to reach for Tate in the 10th to be sure but I feel pretty good about this one, starts 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, flex, def, kikcer

qb - stafford, cutler

rb - Foster, Felix, HIghtower, Tolbert, Tate

Wr - Calvin, Dez, Julio Jones, Lee Evans, Amendola

Def - Detroit

Kicker - Matt Bryant

The biggest problem I see with your roster is that you have more Cowboys than Redskins. ;)

Got a draft today with my 'serious' league. I have four guys I'd like to keep, but only can keep 2: Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster and Andre Johnson. I think I'm going with Peterson and Johnson for the keepers as they are the most consistent and I think I can still find good RB quality later on.

Got a draft today with my 'serious' league. I have four guys I'd like to keep, but only can keep 2: Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster and Andre Johnson. I think I'm going with Peterson and Johnson for the keepers as they are the most consistent and I think I can still find good RB quality later on.

Word, I like Peterson and Johnson better as well. Charles will be solid too. I don't see Foster having a season like last year, health looks like a big concern.

Draft results. Picked 6th overall big money league...

QB - Vick, Stafford

WR - Andre Johnson, Dwanye Bowe, Steve Johnson, AJ Green, Antonio Brown

RB - Gore, Hightower, Ryan Mathews, Cedric Benson, Marshawn Lynch

TE - Aaron Hernandez, Lance Kendricks

K - Kaeding

Defense - Baltimore

Round 1 I went AJ letting Charles slip past me. I don't like the look of the Chiefs this year with the tougher schedule and after losing Weise they look like they will be in trouble. When the second came around plan was to go RB there but Vick was still on the board. His ADP of 7th overall forced me to go there. Getting Gore in the third made me feel better as he's a potential middle of the RB1's if he can stay healthy. Reached in the fourth to get Hightower but he's never missed a game in three years and I always take one Skin. In the fifth got Dwayne Bowe because I think the chiefs are throwing a lot this year and he could be top 15. In the sixth the RB's left were looking terrible so I went with Steve Johnson to ensure I had the best WR group in the league. Surprised to see Ryan Mathews fall to me in the 7th thought that was good value. Hard to say no to Cedric Benson as my fourth RB in the 8th. Is there a better RB4 then a 300 carry a year guy? 9th round I went with Stafford, could be a steal here. Then 10th I got Lynch, not sure what to expect from him but as a RB5 I can live with that. Then shored up my WR's with AJ Green in the 11th thinking who else are they going to throw too? And then went Ravens in the 12th as the sixth defense off the board which I think is a good pick. Then in the 13th got my WR5 with the mystery man in Pittsburgh who has a ton of upside and could surprise. In the 14th I got my first TE when everyone else had already taken the better ones with Lance Kendricks. I'm pretty high on the 2nd round draft pick who I hope becomes Bradfords favorite target. In the 15th I got the Chargers kicker and with my last pick ended up with Aaron Hernandez as my second TE. My thinking all along this year was this was the year for me to ignore the TE position. On the WW are guys like Vinshanco who has Mcnabb who loves his TE's, Chris Cooley who was the 2nd reciving yardage TE in the league last year, Pettigrew who led all TE's in targets last year, and a few others I think have potential.

This is my 20 player roster in a 12 team league. I think I made out like a bandit given the circumstances. We start 2Rb 2Wr and 1TE with 2 RB/WR/TE flex.

QB- Schaub, Matt HOU QB, Cutler, Jay CHI QB

RB- Forte, Matt CHI RB, Foster, Arian HOU RB, Jackson, Steven STL RB, Barber, Marion CHI RB, Tate, Ben HOU RB, Williams, Carnell STL RB

WR- Boldin, Anquan BAL WR, Britt, Kenny TEN WR, Marshall, Brandon MIA WR. Moore, Lance NOS WR, Roberts, Andre ARI WR, Simpson, Jerome CIN WR

TE- Cook, Jared TEN TE, Finley, Jermichael GBP TE, Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

K- Brown, Josh STL PK

DEF, Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def, Lions, Detroit DET Def

Cash league draft I had today. 10 teams, ppr, 1 pt per completion, 2 flex. I had 2nd pick.

QB- Romo sits to pee, Cassel

RB- Charles, Felix Jones, Wells, Hightower, Helu, Jerome Harrison

WR- Fitzgerald, Mike Williams (TB), Julio Jones, Mike Thomas, Bess

TE- Finley, Jimmy Graham

K- Rackers

DEF- Green Bay

Not crazy about having Romo sits to pee but he was the last quality guy there. Otherwise I was getting into the Stafford, Bradford, Freeman territory. Wasn't happy having the 2nd overall pick because in a league like this, having a top QB is vital but I just can't force myself to take a QB that high. So I went with Charles and got Fitz in the 2nd. At that point I had to take Romo sits to pee in the 3rd.

Overall I like this team, especially my TE. I figured having a guy like Finley was as good as picking 2nd tier WR's. I was thrilled when I was able to land Graham as a TE2 later on, especially in a flex league.

8 team league for cash:

QB: Aaron Rodgers (4th overall) Matt Stafford

RB: Steven Jackson, Ryan Mathews, Felix Jones, Michael Bush

WR: Vincent Jackson, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Mike Sims-Walker, Nate Burleson

TE: Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Pettigrew

DEF: Detroit

K: Robbie Gould

Like Aaron. S-Jax is fine. V-Jax should be a beat. TEs are good.

12 team league, I picked 10th. Snake draft order. Not PPR.

You play:

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 Flex

1 TE

1 K

1 IDP

1 ST/D

Here's my team:

Quarterbacks:

Matt Ryan

Kyle Orton

Running Backs:

Darren McFadden

Peyton Hillis

LaDainian Tomlinson

Ben Tate

Ryan Torain (last round of draft)

Wide Receivers:

Marques Colston

Percy Harvin

Santana Moss

Antonio Brown

Lee Evans

Brad Smith (QB/WR)

TE:

Ron Gronkowski

Chris Cooley (3rd to last pick of the draft)

K:

Josh Brown

Defense:

Tampa Bay

Washington (2nd to last pick of the draft)

IDP:

Ed Reed

Starters underlined. I had no interest in any 'Skins besides Moss and Hightower during the majority of the draft. But as I got deeper and saw Cooley, Skins D and Torain on the board, I had to draft them. Unfortunately, one of my buddies got THT before I could.

Pretty happy with my team.

how many folks in your league, 2k? Looks pretty good as far as I can tell, though you may want to look into getting more RB depth (nothing against the players you have, just the number of 'em, assuming you can play 2-3 per week).

Didn't get any feedback on my team in the Madden/FF forum, so I'd like to see if I'll get a bite here:

12 team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 K, 1 DEF/ST

1. (11) LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB)

2. (14) Michael Turner (Atl - RB)

3. (35) Mike Wallace (Pit - WR)

4. (38) DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)

5. (59) Marques Colston (NO - WR)

6. (62) Vernon Davis (SF - TE)

7. (83) New York (NYJ - DEF)

8. (86) Neil Rackers (Hou - K)

9. (107) Josh Freeman (TB - QB)

10. (110) Sidney Rice (Sea - WR)

11. (131) James Starks (GB - RB)

12. (134) Matt Cassel (KC - QB)

13. (155) Michael Crabtree (SF - WR)

14. (158) Todd Heap (Ari - TE)

15. (179) Thomas Jones (KC - RB)

I'm really happy with the value I got at QB. I kept finding better value elsewhere until everyone had selected a QB and saw Freeman still hanging around, so I waited a few rounds since everyone else already had their guy.

how many folks in your league, 2k? Looks pretty good as far as I can tell, though you may want to look into getting more RB depth (nothing against the players you have, just the number of 'em, assuming you can play 2-3 per week).

Didn't get any feedback on my team in the Madden/FF forum, so I'd like to see if I'll get a bite here:

12 team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 K, 1 DEF/ST

1. (11) LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB)

2. (14) Michael Turner (Atl - RB)

3. (35) Mike Wallace (Pit - WR)

4. (38) DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)

5. (59) Marques Colston (NO - WR)

6. (62) Vernon Davis (SF - TE)

7. (83) New York (NYJ - DEF)

8. (86) Neil Rackers (Hou - K)

9. (107) Josh Freeman (TB - QB)

10. (110) Sidney Rice (Sea - WR)

11. (131) James Starks (GB - RB)

12. (134) Matt Cassel (KC - QB)

13. (155) Michael Crabtree (SF - WR)

14. (158) Todd Heap (Ari - TE)

15. (179) Thomas Jones (KC - RB)

I'm really happy with the value I got at QB. I kept finding better value elsewhere until everyone had selected a QB and saw Freeman still hanging around, so I waited a few rounds since everyone else already had their guy.

Love McCoy at 11, how he fell that far I don't know.

Turner is solid, and should post at least solid TD numbers, even if he doesn't get great yardage numbers.

Wallace to me is a solid, but not an elite WR.

I don't care for DeSean Jackson, because he's very boom or bust, and isn't a consistent solid scorer.

Not a fan of Colston either, Brees spreads the ball around way too much and Colston appears on a down slide.

I like V. Davis, he's a great TE, I only wish he wasn't in such a ****ty situation in S.F.

The Jets D/ST is an elite D/ST, but I'm not a fan of drafting D/ST high. I'd rather play week to week D/ST based on the opposing offense.

Why in the hell would you waste a pick on a kicker in the 8th round? That's just plain stupid.

Freeman was Mr. Consistent last year, I'll be interested to see if he can repeat like last year. But solid value in the 9th round.

Rice is a question mark for me, and I drafted him last Sunday as my #3 WR as well. I'm not a fan of his QB situation, but there's great upside as at least a #2 if they find a QB that can get him the ball.

Starks is very good, especially in the 11th round. I'm sure as you know, Starks may very well be the starting RB of a potent offense early in the season (this could be your biggest steal of your draft).

Cassel to me is a wasted pick, don't like him, wouldn't draft him.

Crabtree to me is like Sidney Rice, without half of the upside though.

Heap is a solid back up TE.

Jones is going to be a headache, because Haley is a headache, but you could still get some points with Jones being the vulture he is to Charles.

I have the #1 pick in a PPR league and I am torn on who to take. Foster's injury scares me so I was planning on taking AP but am having second thoughts and considering Rice (because it's PPR). Anybody got any solid advice that can help sway me either way (or another way)?

8 team league for cash:

QB: Aaron Rodgers (4th overall) Matt Stafford

RB: Steven Jackson, Ryan Mathews, Felix Jones, Michael Bush

WR: Vincent Jackson, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Mike Sims-Walker, Nate Burleson

TE: Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Pettigrew

DEF: Detroit

K: Robbie Gould

In an 8-team league I want to say you could have stronger RBs, but I wasn't there. I just can't see how Aaron Rodgers is far enough ahead of other great QBs to justify spending the 4th pick on him.

I have the #1 pick in a PPR league and I am torn on who to take. Foster's injury scares me so I was planning on taking AP but am having second thoughts and considering Rice (because it's PPR). Anybody got any solid advice that can help sway me either way (or another way)?

I'd take AP, but you can't go wrong with either. I think what is more important is trying to snag Jahvid Best later on.

Archived