Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Fantasy Football 2011 Discussion

ACW

Is anybody in a league like mine were you have to pick def players? Also I have the #2 pick and was thinking of taking Rodgers, Brady, or Arian Foster. Tough decision

Unless you are in a league that really caters to QBs, I would not take either Rodgers or Brady at #2. If I was in your shoes, I would gamble on Jamaal Charles. But if you want to play it safe you can always go Peterson.

2 Drafts today, here's the results from draft 1.

Jamaal Charles

Darren McFadden

Mike Wallace

Dwayne Bowe

Big Ben

Hightower

Ingram

Stafford

Mike Williams

Mercedes Lewis

A.J. Green

Michael Bush

Detroit

New Orleans

Jason Hanson.

How'd I do?

too many good RBs, not enough good WRs....Do you plan on starting 4 RBs and 1 WR in your league??? Seriously though you need to trade a RB or 2 and pick up a elite-good WR. Do that or trade for a elite TE...they should come a bit cheaper

I just wanted to give this a bump. Who would you guys drop for a kicker? I can't drop any IDP guys.

Sproles or Meachem. Probably Sproles.

---------- Post added September-1st-2011 at 12:45 PM ----------

too many good RBs, not enough good WRs....Do you plan on starting 4 RBs and 1 WR in your league??? Seriously though you need to trade a RB or 2 and pick up a elite-good WR. Do that or trade for a elite TE...they should come a bit cheaper

It's a 2/2/Flex league. I'm more than happy with my receivers. Little worried about TE/Kicker and Defense.

And how do you possibly have too many good running backs? Receivers are set. Are you kidding me?

Mike Wallace

Dwayne Bowe

Mike Williams

AJ Green

That's 3 top 15 wrs plus a top rookie prospect. I dunno dude.

ETA: The draft was crazy, I picked 9th out of 10. QBs went flying off in the first.

Question: Am I wrong in thinking that Ray Rice will have one of the best fantasy seasons ever?

I think Flacco and Lee Evans will have a good thing this year and I think that the result of that will open up the defense for Ray Rice. I am expecting double digit rushing and receiving TD's from him this year. Unfortunately, I couldn't draft the sob in my league because I have been picking so far back. :doh:

Also, I play with IDP and it is pretty simple. You can pick up guys week to week. Sometimes the studs here don't mean much.

I disagree with your stance on IDPs. It depends on the format of the IDPs, whether you play 2 DE's, LB's, & DB's or just 5 IDPs (like my league does). If you have to have DEs and DBs then I would wait and play it week by week; however, if it's just any IDPs, the elite LBs can put up double digit numbers and really make a difference.

Once you get your depth at RB and WR, and other guys owners start drafting D/ST, go after IDP LBs. My IDPs are all LBs, which are the safest and best way to go. I have Mayo, Timmons, and Poslusnzy who all averaged close to 10 ppg last year, while my other two are Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne. If you drafted correctly and got depth at your specialty positions, then that frees you up to go after elite IDPs in back to back rounds.

I disagree with your stance on IDPs. It depends on the format of the IDPs, whether you play 2 DE's, LB's, & DB's or just 5 IDPs (like my league does). If you have to have DEs and DBs then I would wait and play it week by week; however, if it's just any IDPs, the elite LBs can put up double digit numbers and really make a difference.

Once you get your depth at RB and WR, and other guys owners start drafting D/ST, go after IDP LBs. My IDPs are all LBs, which are the safest and best way to go. I have Mayo, Timmons, and Poslusnzy who all averaged close to 10 ppg last year, while my other two are Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne. If you drafted correctly and got depth at your specialty positions, then that frees you up to go after elite IDPs in back to back rounds.

Well it was an auto-draft so it is hard to go after guys. I guess what I meant to say is most people don't understand IDP enough and it is easy to pick on guys on the waiver wire. This morning I just picked up Mayo and Patrick Willis. We start 3 from any D position. So I will go all LBs.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/211173/holdout-over-cj2k-lands-$30m-guaranteed

Holdout over: CJ2K lands $30M guaranteed

Titans agreed to terms with Chris Johnson on a four-year, $53.5 million contract.

It's actually an extension, so Johnson is locked up for six years. CJ2K will get at least eight days of practice in before Week 1, giving him plenty of time to prepare to play against against the Jaguars. Owners drafting this weekend can safely select Johnson No. 1 overall in most formats. Even if he is eased in slowly at first, Johnson will resume every-down status rapidly. His deal includes a whopping $30 million in guarantees and a $13.3 million annual salary on the new money. If those numbers hold up upon further examination, CJ2K will have gotten exactly what he wanted -- elite player, not just elite running back money.

Question: Am I wrong in thinking that Ray Rice will have one of the best fantasy seasons ever?

I think Flacco and Lee Evans will have a good thing this year and I think that the result of that will open up the defense for Ray Rice. I am expecting double digit rushing and receiving TD's from him this year. Unfortunately, I couldn't draft the sob in my league because I have been picking so far back. :doh:

I dunno about best ever, but he could be really good. I thought that with him last year too and he was a big disappointment.

Well with CJ signing a new contract extension, expect to see him skyrocket in drafts into the top 2-3 easily.

4-year extension worth $53 million, with $30 million guaranteed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821e025f/article/johnson-titans-agree-on-fouryear-535-million-extension?module=HP11_breaking_news

Glad I was able to get him with the 12th pick...in a snake draft this past weekend. I couldn't believe he fell that far.

I dunno about best ever, but he could be really good. I thought that with him last year too and he was a big disappointment.

Same here, I drafted him #1 overall last season in a league and I definitely didn't get the ROI I was expecting. Luckily I also snatched up Foster :evil:

before losing in the playoffs to the ******* that had Vick :(

Same here, I drafted him #1 overall last season in a league and I definitely didn't get the ROI I was expecting. Luckily I also snatched up Foster :evil:

before losing in the playoffs to the ******* that had Vick :(

That is not worst than what I did. I traded Vick for Andre Johnson while he was injured, thinking he would not be the same, and that team won the championship. :doh:

Is anybody in a league like mine were you have to pick def players? Also I have the #2 pick and was thinking of taking Rodgers, Brady, or Arian Foster. Tough decision

I'm in a league that started in 1992. Individual D players. (2 each of DL/LB/DB). We also have team OL and head coaches. Sometimes it's a cluster F. But it takes more thought than qb/rb/wr/te/k/dst.

Just curious - what factors into the Coach, scoring-wise?

Margin of victory in the NFL and team penalties.

Head Coaches

Result:

Win = 3 pts

Tie = 1 pt

Winning Margin Every 10 pts = 1 pt

Team Penalties:

3 or fewer penalties = 3 pts

between 4 and 6 penalties = 2 pts

7 or 8 penalties = 1 pt

11 or 12 penalties = -1 pt

13 or 14 penalties = -2 pts

15 or more penalties = -3 pts

I'm in a league that started in 1992. Individual D players. (2 each of DL/LB/DB). We also have team OL and head coaches. Sometimes it's a cluster F. But it takes more thought than qb/rb/wr/te/k/dst.

Yeah my league is like that. We dont have OL but we have everything else. You basically putting a 4-3 D out there. Been in this one for 5 yrs

---------- Post added September-1st-2011 at 06:09 PM ----------

Just curious - what factors into the Coach, scoring-wise?

We just do margin of victory. If a team gets blown out by around 30 the head coach gets like 10pts

What Fancy said...

Here's one for you all: Would you rather have...

Rice or McFadden?

Rice. Flacco's check down man. And he checks down A LOT

plus, he doesn't have the injury concerns.

Personally, depending on the league, I'd take lynch over greene. Greene's got a crowded backfield to contend with.

Archived