Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training camp tweets 8/5/11

c4man5282

Isn't today the only time we've heard of his drops?

He had a drop problem in college as well. But he's a strong character guy and a leader. He's going to drop some balls, but he has corrected the problem for the most part.

Interesting stuff on Clemens. He sounds like he was on today... Didn't hear as much negative about him. But then again, it probably just wasnt really tweeted.

:ols: nice

But you know, Beck shouldn't have the job by default. It should really be an open competition, they should all be playing for the spot. I really hope it's more open then Shanny says it is.

... Where has he said that Beck has the job? He, and Kyle, have both said its an open competition and they are excited to see who wins. For some reason talk radio and the media have been talking like Beck is the starter.. Makes no sense.

Awesome info guys.. I love reading these threads.

Are these open practices good for kids? I'm thinking about coming down next week and was wondering if I should bring mine (4 yr old). I have a feeling he would love it.

When I went there on thurs., there were plenty of kids

Do we have confirmation on the severity of Kelly's injuries? Is it just that he was stepped on or something or did he reinjure his hammy or knee? (I thought it was just a foot - and a minor injury at that)

If he was stepped on, I'm pretty sure he'd be out there. But I haven't heard anything on it other than Chris Russel's "Malcolm Kelly is not out here, that's all I have to say about that," tweet. Sounded pretty ominous unfortunately.

As I, Postong. But early tweets suggest Stallworth is impressing and is a man on a mission. Perhaps the Skins carry 6 WRs and Paul would be on the list.

From my impression of Paul's supposed excellent run blocking, he sounds like he could make the final 53 as a normal special teamer if not as a returner. Aldrick Robinson and Terrence Austin were also return men in college.

He had a drop problem in college as well. But he's a strong character guy and a leader. He's going to drop some balls, but he has corrected the problem for the most part.

Interesting stuff on Clemens. He sounds like he was on today... Didn't hear as much negative about him. But then again, it probably just wasnt really tweeted.

Im rooting for Clemens now. HE is the real darkhorse here. Rex comes in all out of shape bc he thinks he is the starter, Beck blows his arm out in TC and Kellen Clemens emerges as the man, the myth and makes a legend for himself here in DC. Studying the playbook for 14 hrs a day, he downloads the info like Neo in the Matrix and will destroy you, i repeat, he will destroy you if he is underestimated. Its on now, watch out for Kellen ******* Clemens!

Whooooooooooo!

In response to I_Bleed_B&G asking about Hankerson's drops:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/quick-hits-rex-grossman-john-beck-compete-at-qb/2011/08/05/gIQAWaITwI_blog.html

"Rookie wideout Leonard Hankerson has made some spectacular, seemingly impossible catches, but he has dropped a lot of easy balls."

Like KDawg said though, he's a good character guy who obviously worked hard to set all those records at Miami. I think he'll work through it but I don't think he'll see a ton of playing time early on this year and if he does get an opportunity and drops the ball, it's only going to limit his opportunities going forward.

:ols: nice

But you know, Beck shouldn't have the job by default. It should really be an open competition, they should all be playing for the spot. I really hope it's more open then Shanny says it is.

Wouldn't that be something if Clemons ended up winning the QB competition... ?

If he was stepped on, I'm pretty sure he'd be out there. But I haven't heard anything on it other than Chris Russel's "Malcolm Kelly is not out here, that's all I have to say about that," tweet. Sounded pretty ominous unfortunately.

Xray negative, though.

Not sure if that matters, depending on the injury.

Im rooting for Clemens now. HE is the real darkhorse here. Rex comes in all out of shape bc he thinks he is the starter, Beck blows his arm out in TC and Kellen Clemens emerges as the man, the myth and makes a legend for himself here in DC. Studying the playbook for 14 hrs a day, he downloads the info like Neo in the Matrix and will destroy you, i repeat, he will destroy you if he is underestimated. Its on now, watch out for Kellen ******* Clemens!

Whooooooooooo!

Kellen Clemens doesn't do push ups, he does Earth downs.

Xray negative, though.

Not sure if that matters, depending on the injury.

seems to me he takes whatever excuse he can not to practice/play. "oh no my wittle footie hurts, im just going to stand over here and wait for my paycheck". seriously, in the recorded history of mankind, has anyone EVER had hamstring injury last as long? its like dudes tendons are made of overcooked spaghetti noodles. im just about finished with the comb.

:ols: That's funny because in 2007 when he was starting for the Jets and Cleo Lemon started for the Dolphins, I could never remember which was where.

Kellen Clemens was in both places... at the same time, in a disguise, having coffee.

Starting to make sense now why MS brought in Stallworth and Gaffney. No way can we expect much this year out of rookie WR's who can't catch.

Hankerson will probably be the only rookie WR to make the roster, with 1-2 of the the other young guys on the PS.

We should be wary of putting Niles Paul on the PS. If we do that, there is a good chance he gets snatched up (provided he keeps up his current performance at training camp)

seems to me he takes whatever excuse he can not to practice/play. "oh no my wittle footie hurts, im just going to stand over here and wait for my paycheck". seriously, in the recorded history of mankind, has anyone EVER had hamstring injury last as long? its like dudes tendons are made of overcooked spaghetti noodles. im just about finished with the comb.

I'd have to say I'm starting to agree. Especially with quotes like this:

"Meanwhile, receiver Malcolm Kelly said he was limited in practice because of a sore right foot (which he said was just from running routes). He’s been icing it for a few days."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/nfl/2011/08/redskins-notes-aug-4#ixzz1UAkr6GFP

Missing practice because your foot is sore from running routes is a pretty weak reason. I don't want to call the guy "soft" but it's starting to look that way.

... Where has he said that Beck has the job? He, and Kyle, have both said its an open competition and they are excited to see who wins. For some reason talk radio and the media have been talking like Beck is the starter.. Makes no sense.

Shanahan has been endorsing Beck the entire time. He's said that Beck was his guy. No where has he said anything positive about Rex, not like he has about Beck. And until today, he hasn't said anything about Clemens. He has also made excuses for Beck as well, saying his arm was tired from all the reps, etc. That's all I'm saying. I'm afraid Shanny is a little tunnel-visioned on Beck, that's all.

Archived