Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training camp tweets 8/5/11

c4man5282

i will never understand why so many people are convinced a guy who has caught 72 passes in 3 years is somehow magically better than a guy who consistently makes that many catches every year. people are basing their evaluation of fred davis purely on his draft position (4 years ago!) and a handful of games 2 years ago. it was a bad pick, get over it.

Its kind of hard getting catches when you are not getting any PT. I will never understand why so many people live in cooley's jock strap. Yes, he is "cool" dude. Yes, he is a good football player. Yes, he is good in the locker room. I love cooley. But this game is a business. He clearly is not getting any younger. Fred Davis is as good, if not better at TE. He def. is more athletic. If cooley can get us a decent draft pick then it makes all the sense in the world to pull the trigger. Get over the delusional man crush.

Sometimes this board makes me think that this organization has reflected its fan base for the past 10+ years. I just have to remind myself that not everyone is this rediculous.

why do you want to cut horton? he good depth behind landry, and has proven that he can play in the nfl

I agree with this. its going to be a fight between Horton and Moore, and which ever one can stay healthy, may be the winner of that battle.

About Taylor Mays...He was a terrible cover safety in COLLEGE!! Most guys in the NFL that aren't great in coverage were still pretty good in coverage in College...He was always terrible. He is fast as all get out..Stronger than an ox....and he does hit like a mack truck......To bad last year he was never in position to use any of those attributes because he is a bad football player with nearly no knowledge of the game...

And to the guy comparing him to ST......What??

just a follow up to the big al fail.....part time player fully paid.

Haynesworth sits out Patriots practice

Email

Print

Comments1

By Mike Reiss

ESPNBoston.com

Archive

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth was held out of full-pad practice Friday. It marks the first practice he's missed since taking the field with the Patriots on Sunday. It is not known if Haynesworth is injured.

From an overall perspective, it is common for Bill Belichick to manage the health of players on the roster early in training camp. In addition to Haynesworth, linebacker Brandon Spikes and defensive lineman Mike Wright did not practice Friday.

Haynesworth did not take part in end-of-practice sprints on Thursday, and his participation in other practices has also been scaled back. When he has practiced, he's been a force, so his absence was noted by many in the crowd of almost 8,000.

Intangibles? Explain.

*I mean intangibles that make him untradeable....

There are none that make him untradeable. They only matter when the scales are perfectly balanced. When you're getting offered more than he's worth, you do it regardless. When you're getting offered less than he's worth, you don't do it. But if you're getting offered exactly what might be fair, you bring the intangibles into it. When it's 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other, a guy like Cooley stays, a guy like T.O. goes. That's all I'm saying about intangibles. Is the guy a good team guy, or is he a prima donna douche? That kind of stuff is certainly relevant in the decision-making process if it is a real close call one way or the other.

I agree with the opinion that we won't get offered enough to warrant giving him up, not that he is untradeable for sentimental reasons.

Its kind of hard getting catches when you are not getting any PT. I will never understand why so many people live in cooley's jock strap. Yes, he is "cool" dude. Yes, he is a good football player. Yes, he is good in the locker room. I love cooley. But this game is a business. He clearly is not getting any younger. Fred Davis is as good, if not better at TE. He def. is more athletic. If cooley can get us a decent draft pick then it makes all the sense in the world to pull the trigger. Get over the delusional man crush.

Sometimes this board makes me think that this organization has reflected its fan base for the past 10+ years. I just have to remind myself that not everyone is this rediculous.

Actually, you think he might be as good. Except for one small sample set... that's all speculation. He wasn't that great in games last year as I recall, some terrible drops (Cooley has his share too though), but based on Armstrong, Keiland, Grossman, Banks, etc. I really suspect if Davis were killing it in practice he would hav e been on the field more. Shanny seemed to give time that way and didn't give a darn about name or vet status.

Yeah, let's dump them all. Kerrigan is injured. Cut his ass! I heard Landry is not fully healed from his achilles injury. Dump him!! Same with anyone else that is injured. I mean, why keep injured guys. Waste of roster space.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 01:21 PM ----------

Cut Banks. Sore knee? You gone. Cooley has soreness? Cut him.

Okay.... you're 43, you should know the difference between guys who get hurt at camp and guys who always get hurt.

Grow up.

EDIT: If you are into give roster spots to guys who can't stay healthy, you are rooting for the right guys! I am just saying we should get some guys in here who can compete AND say healthy.

Next time I'll be sure to spell it out for you, I don't want to mislead anyone.

Whatever happened to earning a spot?

I mean, Mike likes competition, right? And Fred knows Mike likes competition. That's why Fred dropped weight and got in shape. He's not dumb. He knows how Mike operates, or at the very least, he knows he needs to have a stellar season to go be a starting tight end for someone else. The fact of the matter is, Fred didn't do enough last season to steal the job from Cooley. When Cooley was out with a concussion, Fred Davis came in and couldn't out perform anything Cooley was doing. He didn't do enough to take the job from Cooley.

Now, for all intents and purposes, Fred is looking better than Cooley in camp. Practicing hard and being in shape will likely better Davis' chances of stealing looks from Cooley, and he has made himself a lot more available in camp.

But you don't cut good players like Cooley because a few dissonant voices on a message board 1.) don't understand his trade value is jack right now and 2.) always root for the guy on the bench to get in the game when he hasn't earned it. This is why most fans would be crappy general managers.

I will never understand why so many people live in cooley's jock strap. Fred Davis is as good, if not better at TE.

You and a few others keep saying over and over that Davis is as good or better than Cooley but I haven't really seen anything to make me beleive that. I'm beginning to believe that it's you and/or your ilk that are are in Davis' proverbial jockstrap and not those of us wishing to keep Cooley's being in his as you accuse. If you're lookin for rediculous you need not look past the tip of your own nose.

Archived