Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training camp tweets 8/5/11

c4man5282

Oh, you should've heard Lavar and Dukes yesterday.

"Fred Davis is starting ahead of Chris Cooley," "Oh, all hell is breaking loose." "Looks like more of the same!" Not sure how it looks like more of the same though.

I knew before I left work that Cooley was hurt, but they made no mention of that. They made it sound like Mike and Kyle were out to get Cooley and his fans. I gave them a second chance yesterday because 980 was talking about Tiger, but that was it, lol.

What a bunch of looney's.

But, I've wanted to trade Cooley for years. I'm ready to get Fred Davis in there, he's more productive and more atheletic (especially in the redzone).

HAIL!

James Davis is a phantom. The only thing I've read about him is he's fielding punts. Pulling for him to make the 53 over Keiland and Royster.

Hmm, interesting. I'm rooting for him too. At Clemson, he reminded me of Portis...Not a super tough / bruiser back, and not a speedster, but a solid balance of toughness and speed. Seems like he would do well with Shanahan, so hopefully he steps up.

Lavar sucks, chat the fat **** sucks even more! Nothing but hate mongering with them. Look, we all know we suck, we have for 20 years but how does it help to keep piling on more hate and negativity. I clearly see a change in the regime and it may not make us better right away but it is making us better... We have waited 20 years, what is another 3 years?

Leonard Hankerson is starting to scare me. It sounds like he may be related to Braylon Edwards...
Agreed, after all we only have 90 roster spots.We need to get younger, lets fill out the last 20 spots with teenagers. They're less injury prone lmao....

Glad you were the first to catch my sarcasm. I'm just so tired of all the damn negativity around here. I'm actually pretty positive with the team this year. I'm not expecting a playoff or SB, but I think the team is on the upside. The FO and coaching staff is trying to change the losing mentality, yet the fans seem to want to keep sulking in their cornflakes everytime something as small as a sore foot comes up. Just sick of it.

Oh, you should've heard Lavar and Dukes yesterday.

"Fred Davis is starting ahead of Chris Cooley," "Oh, all hell is breaking loose." "Looks like more of the same!" Not sure how it looks like more of the same though.

I knew before I left work that Cooley was hurt, but they made no mention of that. They made it sound like Mike and Kyle were out to get Cooley and his fans. I gave them a second chance yesterday because 980 was talking about Tiger, but that was it, lol.

What a bunch of looney's.

But, I've wanted to trade Cooley for years. I'm ready to get Fred Davis in there, he's more productive and more atheletic (especially in the redzone).

HAIL!

Yea I was listening to that. Chicken Chad Little was up to his old tricks again.

lol I guess you are a big Cooley guy, Davis is better than Cooley. Younger, stronger, faster...and will perform better when he gets the #1 spot this year. If someone offers us the second round pick for Cooley, I would expect them to take it.

No ones giving up a two for almost any TE.

Lavar sucks, chat the fat **** sucks even more! Nothing but hate mongering with them. Look, we all know we suck, we have for 20 years but how does it help to keep piling on more hate and negativity. I clearly see a change in the regime and it may not make us better right away but it is making us better... We have waited 20 years, what is another 3 years?

Exactly. They need to get their expectation in check. We're not "buying" a team right now. The Redskins have infused youth (for the most part), and lots of new faces. With that, I'm not expecting too much from this team other than more comfort in the O and D systems, and a slightly better overall record (coupled with better team stats, like top 15 D). I'm fine with a 7-9 / 8-8 type season, so long as we see progress and have another solid off-season. Then, I'll raise my expectations to 10-6 plus type seasons.

Tony Gonzalez netted a 2nd round pick....Cooley will not bring in the same type of return...3rd or 4th IMO.

I love Cooley and dont want him traded, I think his worth to us is more than any pick we would get, which would be no higher than a 4th IMO.

There's not, but what I did was just look through these TC threads and the FA thread and look at who all the Skins tweets were coming from and began to add them. They do have a list of "official" Redskins player's twitter accounts on Twitter that you can look up.

i've built a list, thanks

I don't like following the players because they retweet meaningless crap!

@Russellmania980

Chris Russell

Beck started 11's period, Rex just threw dead duck on long ball to Armstrong

@ZacBoyer

Zac Boyer

#Redskins QB Rex Grossman just threw a dying quail that should have gone 30 yards, but maybe went 13. The whole gallery groaned.

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

Rex just threw an ugly seep ball to AAA, Russell on the coverage would've been flagged for PI

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

Rex throws a Kilmer duck to Armstrong deep. Falls 20 yds short. Ugly.

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

Rex quacks one big time. Bounces way in front of Armstrong.

I want a video of this pass. :ols:

These tweets along with this one are cracking me up:

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

In 7on7 drills Grossman is way off on a short out pattern. Nearly hits his father who is standing beside me. Yikes

Yikes is right.........

I love Cooley and dont want him traded, I think his worth to us is more than any pick we would get, which would be no higher than a 4th IMO.

I like Cooley too. But with a young guy in the wings (Davis), wouldn't it be smart to move Cooley now since he does have decent value? Is he part of the long-term plan here? Honestly, I don't see the point of holding on to him...

*Mays at LB? Why not? He's such a liability at S. Thomas Davis made the switch....

DO. NOT. WANT.

What's the saying? "First guy off the bus, but last guy on the bench."

That about sums up Taylor Mays. Doughty is a better SS.

Gotta give him time to adjust to NFL... 2nd rounder or not, you have to give him time. The potential is there and the size is definitely there. LaRon may not be as durable as we think and Dougthy/Horton are situational guys at SS.

LaRon hasn't always had the good seasons like we saw last year (and i know we had him playing out of position at FS for a part of it) and who else could train him to use his size and speed to his strength and work on coverage skills than Landry/Atogwe

Gotta give him time to adjust to NFL... 2nd rounder or not, you have to give him time. The potential is there and the size is definitely there. LaRon may not be as durable as we think and Dougthy/Horton are situational guys at SS.

LaRon hasn't always had the good seasons like we saw last year (and i know we had him playing out of position at FS for a part of it) and who else could train him to use his size and speed to his strength and work on coverage skills than Landry/Atogwe

How bad is it that the 49ers had to send an email to all the other NFL teams inquiring if they'd be interested in a trade for him? They are giving up on him after ONE season. He's a project in every sense of the word. Dude got by off of his insane athletic ability at USC and was ultimately exposed for that at the Sr. Bowl and other workouts prior to the draft. Again, it's a MAJOR red-flag to me if the 49ers are giving up on their 2nd round pick after one season. In comparison, we have a 2008 2nd round bust on this roster that we haven't given up on yet. If we're going to want someone to learn under Landry's watch, why not Dejon Gomes? I'd want NO part of Taylor Mays here in DC.

Tony Gonzalez netted a 2nd round pick....Cooley will not bring in the same type of return...3rd or 4th IMO.

This is what im thinking. For a multiple Probowl caliber TE, I think its rather reasonable to get a third rd draft pick. Maybe a third and a conditional pick if a teams TE goes down during the season... Im just hoping we get something for him while we still can. Id pull the trigger on a fourth rounder too.

Sooner or later, he wont be worth anything on the open market, and he will be another old vet hanging around, trying to contribute but not making an impact... and his salary will be huge until we cut him for that reason... Id rather give him time now to latch on with another club, possibly a contender, and promote Davis/Paulson/ and possibly Sellers.

Where is Taylor Mays damnit!!! Get his ass in here!

SF hasn't released him, have they?

If they did, he would be an interesting guy to give a shot to. 1-year deal, low dollar contract. See if he can catch on to the system. If not, cut him. No harm done. He's a young player.

No way for a trade.

SF hasn't released him, have they?

If they did, he would be an interesting guy to give a shot to. 1-year deal, low dollar contract. See if he can catch on to the system. If not, cut him. No harm done. He's a young player.

No way for a trade.

Schefter reported that they would pretty much take anything for him. I said we should offer up a 7th and see if it sticks. He'd be an interesting guy to watch in camp and see how he progresses. No one can tell me that he would hurt the progression of another player. Physical specimens like him dont come around everyday.

Mays is linebacker-esque in physique and stands at a 6'3" and 230 lbs, and he is very strong, benching 225 lbs 24 times.

His vertical leap is an impressive 41 inches and he has one of the largest set of hands measured out of all defensive backs with 10.25 inches.

Mays was said to run a 40 around the 4.3 time, but his 4.24 is absolutely unbelievable. (same as Titans RB Chris Johnson)

Before he ran, Mays told Deion Sanders, "I've got something for you in the 40."

The NFL Network announcers were all shocked that Mays just ran a 4.24, and they also said, "Mays could probably run a 4.1."

He does remind me of ST when he played FS

Schefter reported that they would pretty much take anything for him. I said we should offer up a 7th and see if it sticks. He'd be an interesting guy to watch in camp and see how he progresses. No one can tell me that he would hurt the progression of another player. Physical specimens like him dont come around everyday.

Mays is linebacker-esque in physique and stands at a 6'3" and 230 lbs, and he is very strong, benching 225 lbs 24 times.

His vertical leap is an impressive 41 inches and he has one of the largest set of hands measured out of all defensive backs with 10.25 inches.

Mays was said to run a 40 around the 4.3 time, but his 4.24 is absolutely unbelievable. (same as Titans RB Chris Johnson)

Before he ran, Mays told Deion Sanders, "I've got something for you in the 40."

The NFL Network announcers were all shocked that Mays just ran a 4.24, and they also said, "Mays could probably run a 4.1."

He's not a good football player....I would not give up a draft pick for Taylor Mays. Again...first guy you want off the bus for a game, but he's the last guy on the bench. All those combine #'s don't mean jack if you don't have an ounce of football smarts or technique. He's gotten by STRICTLY off of his measurables and athleticism. I'd much rather give Gomes a shot than trade for Mays.

Archived