Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training camp tweets 8/5/11

c4man5282

Shanahan has been endorsing Beck the entire time. He's said that Beck was his guy. No where has he said anything positive about Rex, not like he has about Beck. And until today, he hasn't said anything about Clemens. He has also made excuses for Beck as well, saying his arm was tired from all the reps, etc. That's all I'm saying. I'm afraid Shanny is a little tunnel-visioned on Beck, that's all.
Ive never heard him once say either Qb was his guy infact on comcast sportsnet last night he said he doesnt know who the starter would be right now he said theres a Qb competition.

lol I guess you are a big Cooley guy, Davis is better than Cooley. Younger, stronger, faster...and will perform better when he gets the #1 spot this year. If someone offers us the second round pick for Cooley, I would expect them to take it.

show us the evidence that Davis is better.

To be honest, I'm not all that worried at this point about Hank dropping some easy passes. I wouldn't be surprised if some of it was simply due to eagerness, the desire to impress and make plays. That sort of stuff can definitely cause a guy to lose focus on an easy pass when he is thinking too soon of turning upfield and making a big play out of it. My guess (and hope) is that once he gets settled down more we won't see as many of those drops. Besides, with very few exceptions, pretty much every single NFL receicer drops easy passes sometimes.

Have to say, I think the "Rex got fat" bull floating around right now is out of line. Apparently every quarterback in the league is a flat abbed, golden adonis of some kind.

Meanwhile it's obvious McNabb's gained a lot of weight since this same time last season, but is anyone going to jump down his throat for hitting the Campbell's Chunky soup too much? Of course not.

We're still only about a week into TC. If Hankerson is still dropping passes by a week or two before the season, Landry is still on the PUP, and our QBs are still throwing ducks and totally inconsistent, then I'll start to panic.

Right now I'm just enjoying the fact that football is being played.

We're still only about a week into TC. If Hankerson is still dropping passes by a week or two before the season, Landry is still on the PUP, and our QBs are still throwing ducks and totally inconsistent, then I'll start to panic.

Right now I'm just enjoying the fact that football is being played.

We have a short TC as well (sigh). April 2012 couldn't come any faster. I don't think the 2011 season is going to be fun.

We have a short TC as well (sigh). April 2012 couldn't come any faster. I don't think the 2011 season is going to be fun.

Well, if it goes south for us, I have a feeling Dallas will be around the same record, so at least we can revel in their lowliness and kick them while they're down.:evilg:

Read the training camps reports daily on this forum and you see that Davis has been lighting it the **** up. Seems like he could be the best receiver on the team not named Moss/Armstrong at the rate he is going.

sorry, training camp tweets/reports do not trump actual games played. im not even saying your wrong about who is better but there simply is no evidence to support that theory.

is there an official or unnoficial list of tweeters to follow? i'd like to get this twitter machine working.

There's not, but what I did was just look through these TC threads and the FA thread and look at who all the Skins tweets were coming from and began to add them. They do have a list of "official" Redskins player's twitter accounts on Twitter that you can look up.

F-it, let's just dump Malcolm and Torain now. We know what we have with both of them.... a ton of potential on the sidelines. Too bad, I really wanted Malcolm to come through this year, but it seems like he's already been hurt with something pretty bad.

Yeah, let's dump them all. Kerrigan is injured. Cut his ass! I heard Landry is not fully healed from his achilles injury. Dump him!! Same with anyone else that is injured. I mean, why keep injured guys. Waste of roster space.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 01:21 PM ----------

Cut Banks. Sore knee? You gone. Cooley has soreness? Cut him.

We can keep 6 receivers, we did it last year.

- I only said that because I keep seeing people say "we only have room for 5, this is who i think we keep:..."

Last year we finished final cuts with six receivers on the team:

santana moss

anthony armstrong

joey galloway

brandon banks

roydell williams

devin thomas

Couple things

1. That's not the final 2010 53 man roster. The final 53 man roster was

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/wide-receivers/breaking-down-the-redskins-53-.html

Wide receivers (6): Santana Moss, Joey Galloway, Anthony Armstrong, Devin Thomas, Terrence Austin and Brandon Banks.

2. We also kept three QB's last season. I don't think we will this year unless in preseason Grossman and Beck both look bad and Clemmons wrestles the starting job away (doubtful). Thinking we will keep 2 QB's and that opens another spot to be used

With the talent we have at WR it wouldn't make much sense to me to only keep 5 guys there and I would be very surprised if one of the kept receivers ends up being Stallworth. Donte's done next to nothing in the league the last three seasons

http://www.nfl.com/player/donte'stallworth/2505017/profile

And I expect him to be among the final cuts

Yeah, let's dump them all. Kerrigan is injured. Cut his ass! I heard Landry is not fully healed from his achilles injury. Dump him!! Same with anyone else that is injured. I mean, why keep injured guys. Waste of roster space.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 01:21 PM ----------

Cut Banks. Sore knee? You gone. Cooley has soreness? Cut him.

Agreed, after all we only have 90 roster spots.We need to get younger, lets fill out the last 20 spots with teenagers. They're less injury prone lmao....

Leonard Hankerson is starting to scare me. It sounds like he may be related to Braylon Edwards...
Isn't today the only time we've heard of his drops?

Sometimes I really hate hearing these TC tweets because everyone takes them so hard. I mean, receivers will drop passes. It's only the 5th day. That's what TC is for. To practice and get the drops out now so they won't do it in the game. Everyone needs to relax. These guys haven't played organized football (with coaches) since January.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 01:29 PM ----------

Leonard Hankerson is starting to scare me. It sounds like he may be related to Braylon Edwards...
So......if Fred Davis CLEARLY outplays Chris Cooley in the pre-season and overall looks better, who starts?

(Elephant in the room)

Cooley.

Archived