Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training camp tweets 8/5/11

c4man5282

@Russellmania980

Chris Russell

Caught up w/ Barry Cofield who says he would be 'devastated" if he would not play vs Steelers, says he would love to play w/Osi again #nyg

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

@TheHogsdotNet Jenkins looked as solid as everyone has mentioned, Neild didn't really stand out but didn't get many reps as he was 3rd NT

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

Defensively Bowen impressed me most today, Offense Hightower minus the fumble

I do think there is some sort of sentimental attachment the fanbase (and organization) has towards certain players. I think things are starting to change, but in looking at teams like the Pats....they cut their losses EARLY and get good returns via trade. And "losses" might not even be the right word. They get rid of players when they are at their peak and get a good return w. picks. Use those picks for players who may get flipped a few years down the line.

Don Vito Belichick >> The rest of the NFL

I like him too.

I would be in favor of keeping Niles Paul over Kelly and Austin over Banks.

I like that thought as well, but you'd have to knock Armstrong off with Paul....

unless they keep these 6

Moss, Gaffney, Armstrong, Hankerson, Austin and Paul..

Banks would be released probably, Aldrick would be put on the PS, and obvously Comb would be cut.

If it's Banks or Austin... I want Austin... if it's Banks/Paul... that could be a toss up.. only because of Banks value to the return game if he can stay healthy.

@granthpaulsen

Grant Paulsen

L. Landry says his achilles is feeling better. ''It feels fine. I just need it to get stronger.'' Said he wants to be 100% before he plays.

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

RB Roy Helu on camp: "I feel good. Haven't hit that camp grind yet. Just working hard and enjoy the competition." He is a very upbeat guy!

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

RB Roy Helu on understanding the Redskins plays: "It is very similar to what we ran at Nebraska. Its just a matter of learning the terms"

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 11:19 AM ----------

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

WR B Banks on his injury: "Man I want to get out there. They just keeping me out to make sure. If it were up to me I'd be out there!"

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 11:21 AM ----------

@Russellmania980

Chris Russell

Cooley sore, Malcolm x rays negative #Redskins

@SkyKerstein

Sky Kerstein

#Redskins Cooley knee sore so they kept him out, Kelly irritation on top of foot so he couldn't practice

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

WR B Banks on playing next Saturday against Pittsburgh: "I don't know. Its not up to me."

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 11:23 AM ----------

@Rich_Campbell

Rich Campbell

Shanahan: X-rays on Malcom's right foot showed no fracture. #Redskins

@skinscast

Skinscast

Shanahan on gaffney: he's a very experienced receiver, very crafty

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

WR J Gaffney on his comfort level of the playbook: "The plays are the same. The terminology is completely different. I'm always studying."

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 11:24 AM ----------

@granthpaulsen

Grant Paulsen

Shanahan: Clint Oldenburg missed practice because he was sick.

@Russellmania980

Chris Russell

Shanahan says they had to project Chester, in the zone scheme. Says London, Hall, Rak were just slowing down. #Redskins

@granthpaulsen

Grant Paulsen

Shanahan: Had to do some projecting on Chris Chester because BAL had a power scheme. Said he can move well. #Redskins

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 11:27 AM ----------

@granthpaulsen

Grant Paulsen

Shanahan: Kellen Clemens has picked things up very quickly. Says he's working 14 to 15 hours a day to try to get an edge. #Redskins

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

Shanahan pleased that Kellen Clemens has picked up the offense quickly

@john_keim

John Keim

Shanahan on jenkins: he's what you look for in a defensive lineman. #redskins

@Russellmania980

Chris Russell

Shanny says he is keeping fingers crossed on Banks. Sounded concerned. #Redskins

Yes, all day.

I hope Kyle was studying New England during the lockout.

We have 2 nasty tight ends, we need them both on the field early and often while our young WRs earn their salt

We've been talking about dual TE sets since we drafted Davis. They've yet to fully materialize.

@Russellmania980

Chris Russell

Shanahan very happy with Jarvis Jenkins, says "I don't want to put the kiss of death" on him. #Redskins

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 11:27 AM ----------

[/color]@granthpaulsen

Grant Paulsen

Shanahan: Kellen Clemens has picked things up very quickly. Says he's working 14 to 15 hours a day to try to get an edge. #Redskins

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

Shanahan pleased that Kellen Clemens has picked up the offense quickly

Yeah, the more and more I hear about Clemens, the better I feel about our QB situation. I feel like he might steal it

@Redskins

Redskins.com

LaRon Landry on Achilles injury: "Making progress, everything's positive...It's getting close, it's getting better." Landry is on PUP list.

@Redskins

Redskins.com

More LaRon Landry on Achilles injury: "I just need it to get stronger....When I get out there playing, I want to stay out there."

@Redskins

Redskins.com

If anyone can make transition from 4-3 DT to 3-4 NT, it's Barry Cofield. He has a great attitude: "A lot of it is just mindset," he said.

I feel bad for Malcolm Kelly. At the same time, I kind of feel like we are treated him like a girlfriend gone fat. You know you love her, but you gotta let her go. She would be an insurance nightmare. Plus she would eat up all the pigs feet and all the HogMaws. We need to do what we did for D . Thomas. Release Malcolm and see if maybe a different environment will allow him to excel . Maybe even stay healthy.

We've been hearing this forever, but either they didn't employ it that much last season or Davis was just invisible.

They were in two or more TE sets for over 33% of the offensive snaps - however on most of those snaps one or more TEs were blocking. It was not that often we had 2 TEs out on patterns.

They were in two or more TE sets for over 33% of the offensive snaps - however on most of those snaps one or more TEs were blocking. It was not that often we had 2 TEs out on patterns.

I was about to say this. We saw a decent amount of 2 TE sets last year, but we used it primarily as a running set.

I feel bad for Malcolm Kelly. At the same time, I kind of feel like we are treated him like a girlfriend gone fat. You know you love her, but you gotta let her go. She would be an insurance nightmare. Plus she would eat up all the pigs feet and all the HogMaws. We need to do what we did for D . Thomas. Release Malcolm and see if maybe a different environment will allow him to excel . Maybe even stay healthy.

hahahahha That might be the best analogy you could have possibly given. Thanks for the laugh.

@ryanohalloran

Ryan O'Halloran

Five quickees from #Redskins AM practice: 1. Not working -- Cooley (knee), Banks (knee), Kelly (foot), three PUP guys and Oldenberg (sick).

@ryanohalloran

Ryan O'Halloran

2. Kerrigan keeps coming along, doing more and more each day but watched team drills. Maintenance day for Hall, Fletcher, Orakpo.

@ryanohalloran

Ryan O'Halloran

3. Only two QBs who weren't spotty during team drills were Chappell and Verica ... because they didn't take a single rep.

@ryanohalloran

Ryan O'Halloran

4. Landry on Achilles': "Making progress. Everything's positive. Making strides. It's getting closer and it's getting better."

@ryanohalloran

Ryan O'Halloran

5. Shanahan on QB play: "I'm not going to go through the quarterbacks every day." Good luck with that one, Mike.

@BurgundyBlog

BurgundyBlog.com

@Rich_Tandler @john_keim @dshif @NFLSkins Does Rex look as fat in person as he does in these viral camp photos?

@Rich_Tandler

Rich Tandler

@BurgundyBlog No.

Archived