Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training camp tweets 8/5/11

c4man5282

@Redskins

Redskins.com

Back at #Redskins practice on Friday morning....Players going through stretch and warm-ups right now.

@BurgundyBlog

BurgundyBlog.com

Malcolm Kelly not practicing with foot injury. Needs to get on the field stat, or he's dunzo.

@john_keim

John Keim

Nick Sumdberg is walking to the other field. Has a helmet and towel. #redskins

@john_keim

John Keim

Good crowd today. Looks like crowd from past years. #redskins

@ZacBoyer

Zac Boyer

TE Chris Cooley, who has general soreness, is wearing a visor, so he'll likely be limited as well for #Redskins practice.

@Redskins

Redskins.com

Offense running drills, QBs are taking snaps from shotgun formation.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 09:16 AM ----------

@Redskins

Redskins.com

WR coach Keenan McCardell put his charges through a relatively simple pass-catching drill. "Work hard, be good at it," McCardell shouts.

@Redskins

Redskins.com

Rookie Aldrick Robinson drops one of McCardell's throws. "Come on! Come on!" McCardell shouts.

F-it, let's just dump Malcolm and Torain now. We know what we have with both of them.... a ton of potential on the sidelines. Too bad, I really wanted Malcolm to come through this year, but it seems like he's already been hurt with something pretty bad.

Do we have confirmation on the severity of Kelly's injuries? Is it just that he was stepped on or something or did he reinjure his hammy or knee? (I thought it was just a foot - and a minor injury at that)

As disheartening as it is about Kelly, I can't say I'm all together surprised. It's so ridiculous that it isn't even funny anymore. The guy continues to find away to prove that he's fragile and cannot hold up. Kelly has great potential, but that potential looks more and more that it will not be realized. Moreso, Kelly should know that this his last chance to make this team. Hell, it should be apparent to him that this is not just his last chance to make the team, but to possibly land elsewhere should he be released. Based on his injuries, what team is going to want a guy that can't go more than a couple of practices without engine parts going bad? :silly:

Truth is, I fully expect Kelly to be released and for him to disappear into the "What could have been" file cabinet. It'll be another epic fail by Vinny. Kelly, though, might have company should Torain continue to bust himself up every other day. Sad, really, high potential guys who just can't stay healthy. :(

@granthpaulsen

Grant Paulsen

WR roster hopefuls Malcolm Kelly and Brandon Banks are watching the 9 healthy players at their position practice. #Redskins

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

Watching D Stallworth run pass patterns. The man can cut out of breaks faster than anyone out here.

@granthpaulsen

Grant Paulsen

WR roster hopefuls Malcolm Kelly and Brandon Banks are watching the 9 healthy players at their position practice. #Redskins

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

Watching D Stallworth run pass patterns. The man can cut out of breaks faster than anyone out here.

Thanks SU for the updates. Looks like Kelly and Banks will be watching from their sofas soon. I think Paul and the others are making cutting these guys easier with every practice. Hate it for Banks as the guy is explosive, but it appears the healthy recievers are making it easier to part with him. Interested on what Niles and others do in the return game.

The thing is Torain's injury though frustrating is a broken bone. As painful as they might be they are caused by impact or over torsion of a bone (this case sounds like impact. I bet a helmet smacked his hand.) This is easier to deal with long term than the repeated muscle injuries that MK has dealt with. The bone mends, it's stronger than before and you move on. Sure Torain gets banged up but this is a different kind of injury. This kind doesn't bother me so much as muscle and ligament damage. Heck i played football one year to that day after i had a compression fracture of the 5th thoracic vertebrae. I am still rooting for MK but i feel in my gut that he just can't take the twist, accelerating, decelerating etc that it takes to play WR at this level.

As I, Postong. But early tweets suggest Stallworth is impressing and is a man on a mission. Perhaps the Skins carry 6 WRs and Paul would be on the list.

Agreed...but if we do cut banks, we will need a returner - and that man seems to be Paul. Can we keep 6 receivers?

Malcolm Kelly is Mr. Glass.

is it possible that MalCOMB sees the writing on the wall here in DC ...instead of being cut by competing...plays hurt so he can join a new team after being dropped by us...to a team who may need him...JMHO...Hail!!!!

Agreed...but if we do cut banks, we will need a returner - and that man seems to be Paul. Can we keep 6 receivers?

To be honest, Postong, I fully expect the team to carry six this year.Shanny likes the depth and I'm sure that he will want to keep an extra as opposed to placing them on the PS to be picked up by another team. Niles can return kicks and can provide help as a WR, which Banks is limited in what he can offer as a receiver.

Why would we cut Kelly right now? We paid his salary for a full year just to give him one more shot at going through training camp only to cut him when he suffers what appears to be a minor foot injury?

If i was a knee issue I'd understand letting him go, but if he's just going to miss 1 or 2 days early in camp I don't really care. It might just be the kind of injury that a player routinely gets on gameday and is ready to practice by Wednesday.

is it possible that MalCOMB sees the writing on the wall here in DC ...instead of being cut by competing...plays hurt so he can join a new team after being dropped by us...to a team who may need him...JMHO...Hail!!!!

I don't buy it, dadirt. It could be construed that way with the crowded reciever corp this season, but what about the last couple of seasons when we were thin at the position? He continued to be hurt even when he knew the team needed him to provide depth and possibly a chance to start. Bottom line is the guy simply cannot stay healthy. He's become a liability, not an asset.

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

11 on 11s

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 09:44 AM ----------

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

Rex taking snaps with first team offense for second straight day

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

Hightower broke a long run first play of offense/defense drills

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

Rex Grossman has been off target during offensive drills with no defenders. The ball has hit the ground several times.

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

Again, no Kerrigan practicing in team drills

Why would we cut Kelly right now? We paid his salary for a full year just to give him one more shot at going through training camp only to cut him when he suffers what appears to be a minor foot injury?

If i was a knee issue I'd understand letting him go, but if he's just going to miss 1 or 2 days early in camp I don't really care. It might just be the kind of injury that a player routinely gets on gameday and is ready to practice by Wednesday.

People who have a sense of reality know that we aren't cutting Kelly now. The chicken littles have found something to harp on. Honestly, I don't care one way or the other. I'm more concerned about our O-line giving Rex or Beck time. That's going to make or break us this year IMO.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 09:44 AM ----------

john_keim John Keim

Nick sundberg just had a perfect snap. #redskins

Is Keim really tweeting that? Really? This has to be a joke by him right?

I don't buy it, dadirt. It could be construed that way with the crowded reciever corp this season, but what about the last couple of seasons when we were thin at the position? He continued to be hurt even when he knew the team needed him to provide depth and possibly a chance to start. Bottom line is the guy simply cannot stay healthy. He's become a liability, not an asset.

I agree with you...I do think he was hurt in the past and it was legit..but....strictly speculating his reasonings for this season...we need to get him in a bubble or something ...JMHO

Archived