Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training camp tweets 8/5/11

c4man5282

As I, Postong. But early tweets suggest Stallworth is impressing and is a man on a mission. Perhaps the Skins carry 6 WRs and Paul would be on the list.

mm hhmm... Did either of you happen to be some of the people screaming about how all these signing were just camp bodies...

here we go with yet another old guy that's going to knock a young guy off this team.

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

Beck had a good bootleg play but held the ball too long & would've been sacked by Jarvis Jenkins

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

Josh Wilson with a great deflection deep on Stalleorth. Stuck with him the whole way

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

Josh Wislon breaks up a nice pass against Stallworth on a deep pass from Rex. Good start,

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

Beck great protection overthrows Hankerson

mm hhmm... Did either of you happen to be some of the people screaming about how all these signing were just camp bodies...

here we go with yet another old guy that's going to knock a young guy off this team.

Im not sure how to take that comment.

Anyways, I'm all for keeping younger guys on....which is why I said I'd rather keep Paul over Stallworth in my original post.

Absolutely not, GGM. I have loved the additions the Skins have made. If I was critical of anything, it was the lack of additions on the oline. Otherwise, I like the signings the team has made. As far as Stallworth and Gaffney are concerned, I believe that Shanny wanted some experience there to compliment Moss and mentor our young guys. I also think Shanny was taking precautions with guys like Kelly and Banks. Kelly for his injury history and Banks for his size and off-the-field issues, IMO.

@skinscast

Skinscast

Clemens looks sharp hooking up with hankerson on a crossing pattern

10 seconds ago via txt

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

Kellen Clemmons perfect strike across the middle to Hank

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

One guy who looks very comfortable at linebacker is rookie Markus White. He was a DE at FSU. Still getting good pressure

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

D-line shutting the run game down now

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

DE Jarvis Jenkins is with the 2nd defense as expected with everyone in camp. He is working on the left side and just got to Rex.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 09:52 AM ----------

@skinscast

Skinscast

Hightower bounces it out and to the house

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

Hightower breaks another run for what would've been a TD

In my opinion, if he stops fumbling, he probably ends up starting opening day.

People who have a sense of reality know that we aren't cutting Kelly now. The chicken littles have found something to harp on. Honestly, I don't care one way or the other. I'm more concerned about our O-line giving Rex or Beck time. That's going to make or break us this year IMO.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 09:44 AM ----------

Is Keim really tweeting that? Really? This has to be a joke by him right?

I didn't say he'd be cut today, Slobber. Just that I highly doubt he makes this team should he continue to prove to be injury-riddled. I agree with you that the oline is the most pressing issue as of now. It won't matter what receivers we put on the field if the oline allows our QB to consistently be planted on his can before he has time to throw the rock.

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

Grossman deep pass to Moss overthrown

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

Rex overthrows Moss on deep ball

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

Rex overthrows Santana Moss deep by about 15 yards. He is off his game today.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 09:56 AM ----------

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

7 on 7 Beck throws nice pass to moss

@ZacBoyer

Zac Boyer

Neither LB London Fletcher nor CB DeAngelo Hall have taken part in the first scrimmage of this #Redskins practice.

@Russellmania980

Chris Russell

Buchanon and Wilson at starting corners on first team. Hightower just bit the dust again. #Redskins

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

Hightower puts one on the ground after an exchange from the QB. Don't know who is at fault, but Hightower has a history of fumbling.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 09:58 AM ----------

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

Beck comes right back and nails Niles Paul on skinny post.

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

Hankerson is human. He dropped a beautiful pass from Beck on a slant.

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

Beck nice pass to Hank but he drops it

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

Some quick notes: Josh Wilson is working with the first team over Barnes. Lorenzo Alexander is working at ILB.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 10:02 AM ----------

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

In 7on7 drills Grossman is way off on a short out pattern. Nearly hits his father who is standing beside me. Yikes

@Redskins

Redskins.com

LB Lorenzo Alexander and DL Jarvis Jenkins help push the pile on run to the left, closing a hole for RB Shaun Draughn. No gain for Draughn.

is it possible that MalCOMB sees the writing on the wall here in DC ...instead of being cut by competing...plays hurt so he can join a new team after being dropped by us...to a team who may need him...JMHO...Hail!!!!

Even if he wanted out of town, it's incredulous to believe that an unestablished guy with a history of injuries, would get himself cut on purpose with more injuries. He could've just made it known he wanted out rather than trump up such a scheme.

This news about MalcolmB is disheartening at best. I've defended him time and again and was hoping he'd prove he's not injury prone this year as he's actually been healthy more than he's been hurt but was the victim of unfortunate circumstances last year over the IR/PUP deal. But it's not looking good so far. Hopefully everyone's right, someone just stepped on his foot but hell, could be a small stress fracture too, you never know. I still think the guy has all the talent in the world and the ability to be a special player, but it's looking more and more like we'll never see that.

As for Niles Paul, it sounds like he's had a decent camp. With as much talent/potential/size as he has (remember he was a top recruit coming out of high school - so the talent is their even if he didn't fully exploit it at the collegiate level), there is no way he sticks around on our practice squad and I'd hate to lose him. I think of all the receivers on the bubble right now he's the one I most want to stick (I don't see Hankerson, Moss, Gaffney, Armstrong as bubble guys). It would have been Kelly but right now I just don't know if he can ever stay healthy. Here's to hoping he turns it around in time to make the team and proves me wrong.

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

Back to special teams work

@Redskins

Redskins.com

LB Edgar Jones got in position to wrap up rookie RB Evan Royster on a run to the left for no gain.

@Redskins

Redskins.com

QB Kellen Clemens has good protectoin in the pocket, throws a pass to rookie WR Leonard Hankerson across the middle for a nice gain.

@Redskins

Redskins.com

Undrafted rooke G Corey O'Daniel blocks DL Darrion Scott, Tim Hightower cuts away from them to a huge hole. Hightower races downfield.

We can keep 6 receivers, we did it last year.

- I only said that because I keep seeing people say "we only have room for 5, this is who i think we keep:..."

Last year we finished final cuts with six receivers on the team:

santana moss

anthony armstrong

joey galloway

brandon banks

roydell williams

devin thomas

@Russellmania980

Chris Russell

DHall is back and working with the punt return unit #Redskins

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 10:11 AM ----------

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

I don't know if has been mentioned yet, but Clint Oldenburg is MIA. The reserve T had been starting in place of Jammal Brown (FA).

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 10:15 AM ----------

@ZacBoyer

Zac Boyer

One drill I've never seen that I love: #Redskins DBs working on deflections by using volleyballs. Soft hands!

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

Hankerson with another drop this time from Grossman

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

AAA with a drop but pass was kind of underthrown by Grossman

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

Moss with a drop....

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

Will Smith does a better job on Edgar Jones in 1on1. The first time he whiffed against Jones.

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

I like Perry Riley, always around the ball

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 10:19 AM ----------

@skinscast

Skinscast

Jenkins and hicks went head-to-head 3 times. Jenkins won 2.

@Russellmania980

Chris Russell

Maurice Hurt just did pretty good job vs M. White, leaving Mike Shanahan to say after 3 reps "Good job 79" #Redskins

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

Trent Williams doing very well in one on one line drills

is it possible that MalCOMB sees the writing on the wall here in DC ...instead of being cut by competing...plays hurt so he can join a new team after being dropped by us...to a team who may need him...JMHO...Hail!!!!

That makes no sense. If he wanted to be released he could just ask for it. And there can't be too many WR situations that are more favorable for a receiver to break through and make an impact. Sometimes situations are exactly as they seem. Everything isn't some sort of conspiracy.

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

Back to 7on7 Grossman with a nice pass to Gafney on a 15-yd out. Hot and cold all day for all 3 QBs.

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

Beck has looked impressive in 7 on 7s not so much in full team drills

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 10:28 AM ----------

@granthpaulsen

Grant Paulsen

John Beck begins the second 11-on-11 session with the first team. Grossman got the first reps in the first 11-on-11. #Redskins

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

DE S Bowen eats up J Brown on a pass rush forcing Beck to throw it in the ground.

@NFLSkins

Ed Sheahin

Back to 7on7 Grossman with a nice pass to Gafney on a 15-yd out. Hot and cold all day for all 3 QBs.

@MrDCsports

Mr. DC

Beck has looked impressive in 7 on 7s not so much in full team drills

It's HOT in Dallas as PeeWee and Homo talk about last night!

[ATTACH]45552[/ATTACH]

Archived