Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC: Senior Prank Puts Prom In Jeopardy

Springfield

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Senior-Prank-Puts-Prom-in-Jeopardy-121814909.html

A senior prank food fight has put one Virginia high school’s senior prom in jeopardy because school officials think it went too far. The food fight broke out Thursday during the last lunch period at West Springfield High School.

“I saw a taco, an apple, yogurt, just a bunch of stuff flying through the air,” student Aaron Self said.

Self and other students said they did their best to stay clear of the melee. School officials said some students suffered minor injuries.

As a result, administrators have put this year’s senior activities on hold. That means the class trip, the class picnic and the senior prom are in jeopardy, pending the outcome of the school’s investigation.

I heard about this yesterday. It's local to me, but I'm wondering what ES feels about the subject.

An email to parents asked that they discuss the roles, if any, their children played in the incident.

I wonder how many parents in West Springfield are suffering from the same stick-in-*** disorder school officials have.

In my son's high school today's senior prank was to put goldfish in all the toilets, and toads in the sinks.

I'm shocked PETA isn't here.

Then after school, pickup trucks full of seniors swarmed in and attacked the parking lots with water balloons.. soaking any kid who got in their way, including those on the buses that they could get thru the windows.

All in all sounds like a great day.

~Bang

They still have food fights? Hm. I remember those breaking out many times when I was high school. I forget what they threatened everyone with,but don't recall it being the cancellation of special events. I do remember our Senior prank was to put fish up in the ceilings of the class room. 2 days before we got out that's what happened. The next weeks finals had to be fun in some of those classrooms. It was especially hot and humid in NOVA that year.

First they came for the lawn darts,

and I didn't speak out because the hole in my foot.

Then they came for the merry-go-rounds,

and I didn't speak out because I always got thrown off the damn things.

Then they came for the candy cigarettes,

and I didn't speak out because I dip Scoal.

Then they came for my senior class prank

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

In my son's high school today's senior prank was to put goldfish in all the toilets, and toads in the sinks.

I'm shocked PETA isn't here.

Then after school, pickup trucks full of seniors swarmed in and attacked the parking lots with water balloons.. soaking any kid who got in their way, including those on the buses that they could get thru the windows.

All in all sounds like a great day.

~Bang

That sounds awesome.

I was not allowed to walk for graduation because I ditched cafeteria lunch to go out to eat. The third time I was caught, they told me I couldn't walk for graduation. I didn't really care. During graduation, my buddy and I were in Amsterdam having the time of our lives. :cool:

High school administration take themselves too seriously. Almost every other neighboring school in fairfax county had relaxed rules for seniors with cars who wanted to go out to eat during lunch time.

Archived