Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Police Brutality, or just doing his job? Video of a 15 year old girl getting DESTROYED by officer

Skins_Fan82

There were 4-5 bystanders. They weren't getting involved. Why not? Because they didn't want to get ****ed up, that's why.

Because adults generally don't get physical with children? They tend to know better. I doubt it was fear of hidden weapons.
Along comes an officer to assess the situation and everyone in here expects him to know INSTANTLY:

(a) she was only 15, despite weighing 250 or so.

(B) she didn't have a weapon

© she didn't plan on assaulting the officer

(d) she wasn't "fleeing" because she was walking and not running.

a) when called to a school about a student drinking I expect the officer to know he's likely dealing with a child. Exaggerating her weight isn't helping you.

B) I will never support the mindset of "assuming people are armed". He had nothing in her hands and didn't reach for anything. There were no reports of he being armed.

c) This could be used to justify taking down everyone forcefully. After all even if you say "officer I will not assault you" how would the officer know if you were being honest?

d) She's a child walking away. Just grab her. At some point you have to man up.

---------- Post added May-6th-2011 at 04:34 PM ----------

She was disobeying the arresting officer. BLATANTLY.

And you pretending like the officer should know she was 15 despite the fact she just got in a fight in the middle of the ****ing interstate and she is built like a ****ing tank makes YOU look not only dishonest, but incredibly naive.

The girls SCHOOL called the police. The girl is not built like a tank.

i am always on the side of cops, but this was absolutly uncalled for and ridiculous.......and i absolutly do not even find it funny as some do. I cant laugh at that at all......

i agree completely. I too normally side with the cops on videos like this, but in my opinion he was clearly out of line.

And for the person who asked how is the cop supposed to know she's 15? The local news video said the entire incident started in the school building. the cops were actually called TO THE SCHOOL, and were told a female student was drunk and disorderly. I'm pretty sure he knew he was dealing with a drunk teen.

Ok that was ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as the people defending it on here.

I don't care if she is a total scumbag, alcoholic, drug addict, lying, cheating, juvenile deliquent loser - he body slammed her 5 seconds after getting out of his car. Cops are law enforcement officers, not demigods.

and as far as the girl being built like a tank? That officer doesn't look like he's a featherweight either.

Just by eyeballing them next to each other right before he strikes her, I'd say he outweighs her by a good 100 pounds....

This is the second time that I saw a police beat a woman in the last week or so. I am all for self defense, but I thought as a police you are suppose to restrain a person without using excessive force. I understand that she was drunk and highly dangerous, but there has to be a better way.

I don't want to be the *******.... but that was a perfect form tackle, probably played college ball somewhere. vet min + incentives? If he can take out a 15 year old girl, he can take out Romo sits to pee and Eli no problem

I love how these police threads always are about the victim. Never the police. Remind me, who is the piece of **** breaking the law again?

Oh I see, it's all about her rights, and her comfort level. And what if that was YOUR daughter? I mean, THAT makes sense. :doh:

What about the cop? What if that was you? What if that was your dad? What if that was your husband (talking to Predicto :ols: )? He goes to "grab" a girl that s blatantly disobeying him just got done wrestling on the side of the interstate. She lashes out with a shank. it's lodged in your jugular.

What, you don't think that's ever happened?

See, "grabbing" a girl and "manning up" would make you a bad cop. A careless cop who would put his/her life in danger and then risk the lives and safety of others. It would also make you a bad parent and a bad husband, putting your own ego above your personal safety.

If I were called to a scene where two pieces of disgusting human filth were yanking each others clothes off and wrestling on the shoulder of a highway while 4-5 people stood back and were afraid to get involved, then one of the perpetrators walked off despite my orders to stay put, you're dam right I'm body slamming that dumb *****. I'm getting her cuffed and not giving her any chance to escalate the situation or put me, my partner, bystanders, or the other perp in harm's way. I'm neutralizing the situation IMMEDIATELY.

What, you don't think she's capable of further violence or escalating the situation? Yah, she seems rational and I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding. I mean, based on her actions and all. You people are ****ing ridiculous, I'm being 100% serious.

And oh by the way, I already asked her to stop and put her hands behind her back. She wasn't interested.

---------- Post added May-6th-2011 at 12:54 PM ----------

B) I will never support the mindset of "assuming people are armed". He had nothing in her hands and didn't reach for anything. There were no reports of he being armed.

c) This could be used to justify taking down everyone forcefully. After all even if you say "officer I will not assault you" how would the officer know if you were being honest?

d) She's a child walking away. Just grab her. At some point you have to man up.[

so, based on what you saw in the video, what probability would you give this girl of being capable of biting and scratching? Just curious where you'd put that. I would say, roughly 105%.

So, you're making $35k annual, you willing to take a few scratches that break the skin and a bite or two from a complete stranger? Man up, Destino.

Gotta go w/ zoony here, you don't want the police to clean your clock? It's really easy, don't be such an ass in public that they are inclined to. I have had many interactions w/ police through the years and never once got a nightstick upside the head because I never once felt like giving them a major ration of ****.

Girl got what she deserved, but cop should've shown some restraint. It isn't his job to issue punishment.

The girl was not a threat to the officer so that sort of force wasn't required. Might as well vindicate the cops in New Orleans who shot violent looters in the back.

Your standard for "human filth" is questionable. A teenager that gets caught drinking and pushes someone is not someone I'm ready to write off as waste.

I don't think it was a huge deal but it can't be communicated to law enforcement that this is OK and that anything is justifiable if it can possibly make them feel safer justifies force. That makes them dangerous to the people they are protecting.

opinions seem to be split 50/50 so far...

i'm still kinda on the fence. As a police officer responding to an assault, you never know what to expect when you arrive. the suspect could be high or drunk (which she was) and could pose a threat to officer safety. And their #1 priority is cuffing the suspect safely.

But her body language clearly did not say "i'm gonna give you a hard time" in any way, and it appeared that he could have easily walked over to her and simply cuffed her. she did not look like she was going to resist AT ALL.

What if it was me? If some lady was harassing my family and she was extremely dangerous, should I layeth the smackdown on her?

No.

If I were to tell you I was a police officer, would it make it okay?

Yes.

I said this in the other police woman beating thread, I thought the job of the police was to calm down a situation, not to escalate it. I think he could have handle it better.

Archived