Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Police Brutality, or just doing his job? Video of a 15 year old girl getting DESTROYED by officer

Skins_Fan82

Or how about this? The 15 year old girl should not have been drunk at school in the first place. She should be locked up, along with her mother, father, and whomever bought her the alcohol. The girl already has issues, because she was in an alternative school for bad kids.

You have no idea how much or how little the parents are to blame on this. They may well have been bad parents to this girl. But they also may have done everything humanly possible to raise this girl right. We just don't know. There are people who are pillars of society with siblings who are criminals. The parents didn't raise them differently - just the outcomes were different. So don't blindly blame the parents when you have no idea whether they are to blame.

It's funny, more often than not, people who scream "blame the parents" (and you aren't the first one to do so in this thread) are not parents themselves. They have no idea what they're talking about.

You have no idea how much or how little the parents are to blame on this. They may well have been bad parents to this girl. But they also may have done everything humanly possible to raise this girl right. We just don't know. There are people who are pillars of society with siblings who are criminals. The parents didn't raise them differently - just the outcomes were different. So don't blindly blame the parents when you have no idea whether they are to blame.

It's funny, more often than not, people who scream "blame the parents" (and you aren't the first one to do so in this thread) are not parents themselves. They have no idea what they're talking about.

I hear what you are saying, but my opinion is if you choice to have childern then they are 100% your responsibilty. If you don't want that weight on your shoulders don't have childern. Too many people in this country are too quick make excuses instead of looking in the mirror.

You have to give the benefit of the doubt to the officer. Does he know she's 15? Could she be armed? She makes a motion towards him, threatening? Perhaps.

I don't think their training gives them leeway. In a more dangerous circumstance if he reacts late, he could be hurt or dead. I think the move he makes is instinctive and not malicious (like she cussed at him and he went ape ****).

I hear what you are saying, but my opinion is if you choice to have childern then they are 100% your responsibilty. If you don't want that weight on your shoulders don't have childern. Too many people in this country are too quick make excuses instead of looking in the mirror.

So you are suggesting that parents should be arrested for the actions of their teenaged children, regardless of whether they are at fault? Seriously?

You have to give the benefit of the doubt to the officer. Does he know she's 15? Could she be armed? She makes a motion towards him, threatening? Perhaps.

I don't think their training gives them leeway. In a more dangerous circumstance if he reacts late, he could be hurt or dead. I think the move he makes is instinctive and not malicious (like she cussed at him and he went ape ****).

If slamming her head into the wall is instinct when dealing with a teenage girl who has her back turned and doesn't seem very threatening at the moment,

I'd hate to see what he does if he knows someone is armed and facing him....

Arrested? No

A healthy fine when their child is arrested? Yes

Wait, you said earlier that this girl's parents should be locked up along with her and whoever sold her the alcohol:

She should be locked up, along with her mother, father, and whomever bought her the alcohol.

So at least you've gone from locking up parents of arrested children to fining them, regardless of whether or not they are at fault for the actions of their child. That is still a ridiculous, presumptuous idea given that the parents may share no blame for the kid's actions.

Good luck with parenthood, my friend. I hope you remember this great idea of yours the first time your teenager does something stupid.

So at least you've gone from locking up parents of arrested children to fining them, regardless of whether or not they are at fault for the actions of their child. That is still a ridiculous, presumptuous idea given that the parents may share no blame for the kid's actions.

It was always my understanding that parents are financially responsible for their children until they turn 18 regardless of whether or not they think they are at fault for the actions of their child. And may be held criminally responsible for their children’s actions if they contributed to the child's criminal act.

I still don't understand his thinking saying that the parents should be fined.

This is not a 7 year old we are talking about here. It is indeed a teenager that at that point knows they are doing wrong (in most cases).

At that point the kid has to face the consequences of their decisions.

At the same time we should take away kids from people who obviously have no control over their household.

And may be held criminally responsible for their children’s actions if they contributed to the child's criminal act.

My point is simply this: people view a 30 second clip of an idiot teenager doing something stupid and immediately bleat "I blame the parents." Yet they have no ****ing idea whether the parents are to blame or not. Sometimes parents are negligent. Sometimes parents do everything they possibly can for a child and the child still does stupid things. So a blanket "I blame the parents" response without knowing any of the background of an incident is just mindless.

I may have been too excessive in my post, but my point was everyone is throwing blame at the cop. I wanted to make a point if this 15 year old child wasn't drunk at school and acting out violently then none of this would happen. Everybody is so worried about what the cop did, that it overshadows the bigger issue. Not all parents are to blame when a teenager acts out, but I think this country has grown fond of pushing the blame on someone else. Number 1 offenders are parents.

I swear to god people are just starting that video clip, then closing their eyes and imagining what they think might have happened.

There is absolutely no way that she made any "aggressive move" toward the officer.

17% died from tasers ?

I would have never guessed it would be that high of a percentage.

Still the graphs are really broad and empty.

If the person has a heart condition or a weak heart, then a taser can be lethal.

I know that Pick6. :doh:

My point may have been misunderstood. I would never guess that so many people with heart conditions or pacemakers would be in a situation like that.

Sorry I defiantly read it wrong. Out of 382, just less than 65 people would have been killed by tasers. Imagine how many in a year get tased, this probably includes inside jails and prisons. I would say close to 1,000 incidents, so 65 out of that number is very low.

Archived