Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Police Brutality, or just doing his job? Video of a 15 year old girl getting DESTROYED by officer

Skins_Fan82

SHE IS 15 YEARS OLD....what the hell?

Apologize if this is old, but today is the first I'd heard of it.

Long story short: the girl was drinking in school, and is wasted by the time officers arrive on scene. The woman she is fighting with is actually her mother. And apparently the girl DID assault one of the school staff.

I didn't hear the officer give her any commands at all. "Get down," "stop," nothing. and we can hear the impact of her hitting the ground, so i'm sure we would've heard any verbal commands he gave her.

I also didn't see her show any signs of being aggressive towards the officer either. she actually had her back turned until the last second...

Here is the local news video with all the details: http://www.kpho.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks_video_id=4678609

1:55 mark...

I don't necessarily have a problem with that. Officer is investigating an assault, asks her to stop fleeing scene, she doesn't listen.

Maybe she could use this situation as a time to re-evaluate her existence rather than blaming the police for being mean.

I'm glad the girl was ok because getting slammed into a wall by someone that weighs far more than you do and catches you unaware can easily lead to some serious injuries. Especially to someone reported to be drunk that already has their balance impaired. The officer should have known better.

Having said that I wouldn't fire him over this and I wouldn't consider it "brutality". At no point did he seek to beat this girl. He was clearly seeking to make the arrest without giving her a chance to resist (justifiable when you consider she was just fighting her own mother). I question his judgment in how he went about accomplishing that and wouldn't be opposed to some slap on the wrist penalty for him and a notation on his record so that he can be punished more severely should something similar happen again. I wouldn't support him being charged with anything though.

just my two cents.

Funny, but what a scumbag police officer. She wasn't "fleeing" the scene. Fleeing is running away. He easily could of walked a tiny bit faster to catch up with her.

Seriously.

It would be justified if she was assaulting him, but she was just walking away. 9 times out of 10 I'll side with the cops because of the bull**** they have to put up with on a daily basis. Not this time. That's completely unjustified in my mind.

He didn't even hit her though. It almost looks like he thought about hitting her as he raises his arms, but then decides to body check her.

He probably could have just grabbed her, but its hard for me to put my self in his shoes. They're probably trained to use a bit of extra force in situations to protect their own safety.

I give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I don't necessarily have a problem with that. Officer is investigating an assault, asks her to stop fleeing scene, she doesn't listen.

But did he? If we could hear the sound of her body hitting the ground, I'm pretty sure we'd be able to hear him yell commands at her...

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure police are very loud when giving orders to ensure they are heard. I did not hear the officer say anything. It looks like he just rushed the girl and "Trent Williams'd" her...

In no way did she appear to be aggressive towards the officer, and she showed absolutely no signs of resisting.

Seriously.

It would be justified if she was assaulting him, but she was just walking away. 9 times out of 10 I'll side with the cops because of the bull**** they have to put up with on a daily basis. Not this time. That's completely unjustified in my mind.

I dont see any big issue here, she was drunk fighting her mom and refused to obey a lawful order while fleeing the scene...even on the ground she continues to resist.

Maybe she could use this situation as a time to re-evaluate her existence rather than blaming the police for being mean.

this is a mod answer if i ever saw one... and i agree

dude...everybody keeps saying that she didn't obey his orders. I know the video was taken from across the street, but you can still hear a lot of what's going on.

We could hear the sound of her body hitting the ground after he shoved her, so you'd think we would be able to hear any orders he might have yelled at her, such as "stop," or "slow down." I heard nothing...

I dont see any big issue here, she was drunk fighting her mom and refused to obey a lawful order while fleeing the scene...even on the ground she continues to resist.

She's a child and she was walking. Trying to warp the situation by using terms like "fleeing the scene" makes you look intellectually dishonest. I don't think the cop did anything horrible but we can be honest about the situation and still reach that conclusion.

She's a child and she was walking. Trying to warp the situation by using terms like "fleeing the scene" makes you look intellectually dishonest. I don't think the cop did anything horrible but we can be honest about the situation and still reach that conclusion.

Well, okay a 15 yr drunk old brat refusing to stop...Even at my young age I find it appalling how kids are acting today, I never acted like that when I was young....Oh, btw she apparently assaulted a teacher according to the article.

Hope you never have a daughter get a attitude with a cop and her head gets slammed up against the wall. The dude went to far this is obvious. I usually stick up for police but he lost his cool and went to far.

Hope you never have a daughter get a attitude with a cop and her head gets slammed up against the wall. The dude went to far this is obvious. I usually stick up for police but he lost his cool and went to far.

I hope I never have a daughter that assaults her mom, a teacher, refuses to obey a lawful order and keeps resisting on the ground...Maybe it was a little hard of a push, but I dont see a lot here..

Definitely didn't need to take her down like that.

~Bang

How do you know?

There were 4-5 bystanders. They weren't getting involved. Why not? Because they didn't want to get ****ed up, that's why. Claws, biting, and who knows what kind of weapon. Along comes an officer to assess the situation and everyone in here expects him to know INSTANTLY:

(a) she was only 15, despite weighing 250 or so.

(B) she didn't have a weapon

© she didn't plan on assaulting the officer

(d) she wasn't "fleeing" because she was walking and not running.

You guys are ridiculous. This officer gets paid $35k a year to put himself at risk from these kind of people everyday. People that WE won't interfere with because anyone who weighs 250 and is willing to greco-roman wrestle on the side of the highway is probably someone that would have nothing to lose. And chances are she would **** your **** up if you got near. The 4-5 bystanders got that message immediately.

Yet, we expect the arresting officer to show up and talk nice. Talk about a ****ed up standard to hold people to. Unbelievable. You go deal with white trash and the absolute dregs and filth of our society on a daily basis. I give you all a couple days at most.

I hope I never have a daughter that assaults her mom, a teacher, refuses to obey a lawful order and keeps resisting on the ground...Maybe it was a little hard of a push, but I dont see a lot here..

You're making her out to be a monster and I find it funny. When there was an after school fight in high school cops would show up screaming for everyone to stop did any of them "obey a lawful order"? No. They ran as fast as they could in every direction like a town full of smurfs at the first sight of Gargamel. Teens drinking or doing drugs is practically an American tradition and don't mistake my acceptance of reality with support for this type of behavior. As for the "assualt" I really love words that can mean anything. She pushed a teacher... by that definition of "assault" I was assaulted by my high school principle and four other teachers is various situations. I was also assaulted by the taco bell manager once. lol

As for her mother my question is simple - why the hell did her mother try to get in a fight with her daughter? I would have put that girl in the car and left. The cops want to arrest my daughter they can do so after I've called a lawyer and calmed her down. Family first, period. I really couldn't imagine a world where I found myself in trouble and my dad showed up to tackle me so the cops could arrest me in the worst possible circumstances for me. That in my eyes is betrayal. You can deal with the lectures and the lessons when the police aren't trying to lock up your child. How great would that decision have turned out if she'd cracked her head open against that wall?

She was disobeying the arresting officer. BLATANTLY.

And you pretending like the officer should know she was 15 despite the fact she just got in a fight in the middle of the ****ing interstate and she is built like a ****ing tank makes YOU look not only dishonest, but incredibly naive.

Bad parenting.
The first two words that entered my mind as well. The girl was serving alcohol out of a water bottle to other students, was belligerent and drunk, and was being removed from school after assaulting a teacher. The officer has been placed on administrative leave. Sad.

Archived