Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Police Brutality, or just doing his job? Video of a 15 year old girl getting DESTROYED by officer

Skins_Fan82

I gotta go with zoony on this one....if you know 15-year olds, it's hard to think of some of them as "kids"....they know what they are doing and while the girl did flail a bit, I don't consider it police brutality. If she was on the ground and he was punching her in the head, then yeah.....but this girl is a piece of crap.

I gotta go with zoony on this one....if you know 15-year olds, it's hard to think of some of them as "kids"....they know what they are doing and while the girl did flail a bit, I don't consider it police brutality. If she was on the ground and he was punching her in the head, then yeah.....but this girl is a piece of crap.

There you go :applause:...

That "15 year old girl" looked like a 23 year old woman lol :ols:...if you didn't know her age I doubt anyone here who is constantly referring to her as a "15 year old girl" would have called her a 15 year old girl. She's big, has some weight to her...and is drunk and has been violent. And apparently has zero problem ignoring a law officer and his orders...

And by the way, I love how some have kept saying "you don't hear the officer yell any commands but you hear her hit the ground"...There was a lady who got out of the car and blatantly started yelling and pointing and her words were barely audible over the sound of the traffic. And let's not act like the person filming this had a video camera from Spielberg's basement lol...it was a cell phone. I can sometimes barely hear someone talking to me ON the cell phone, nonetheless hear them from across the street with traffic going by :ols:...and for the record I did hear him yell "something" at her as he starts to approach her.

Why the need for a body slam? My only guess is that she started turning towards him and he may have read her actions--along with her hand movements--as possibly threatening and made a split-second decision to end the situation before she might become violent again. Very easy to say she didn't pose a threat from the comforts of a comfortable chair while sitting behind a computer screen eating popcorn (well, I'm eating popcorn anyway lol)...That didn't look like a police officer hellbent on using brutality imo. A bit excessive? Sure. Worthy of an investigation? Eh, maybe I suppose. An example of police brutality? Not in my eyes.

Cmon - its a cell phone. And the officer was already charging at her.

Look, how many minor disturbances do police officers get called to check out in a day? Is it appropriate to body slam every possible suspect, just to be sure they aren't armed? :doh:

We can see what it is P, but I don't thin the officer can. He has to assume whatever she's doing with her hands constitutes a potential threat. Had she been facing him with no weapons visible, it would have been un-called for, but I think I'll allow some leeway. It's hard to know what he saw from behind and 15 year olds are capable of violence just as easily as older adults.

Absolutely ridiculous. I hope you feel tough, big bossman.

:rubeyes:

rdbYf.gif

Did I expect that? No sir I did not. I certainly did not. :)

---------- Post added May-6th-2011 at 06:01 PM ----------

We can see what it is P, but I don't thin the officer can. He has to assume whatever she's doing with her hands constitutes a potential threat. Had she been facing him with no weapons visible, it would have been un-called for, but I think I'll allow some leeway. It's hard to know what he saw from behind and 15 year olds are capable of violence just as easily as older adults.

Of course he didn't see it. He jumped out of his car and charged her from behind within 5 seconds.

Seriously, by that standard, every routine traffic stop should be a beat-down.

:rubeyes:

Did I expect that? No sir I did not. I certainly did not. :)

I'll fully grant that my experience gives me a different perspective on "reasonable" in these cases; and I do, as a result give officers more leeway than most. But there's no way on God's green earth that you can justify that, IMO.

I'll fully grant that my experience gives me a different perspective on "reasonable" in these cases; and I do, as a result give officers more leeway than most. But there's no way on God's green earth that you can justify that, IMO.

Most people in this thread seem to be having no problem doing so. You bleeding heart wuss bastage. :silly:

I want to know what you feel is unjustified/unreasonable in this situation Hog.

He has an obligation to quell the situation as best he can, and in my eyes it appears that several people inclunding the Mother tried to do that before he even arrived. She was dismissive and he re-acted. A little rough indeed, but he has to protect himself and others from it going even further.

I want to know what you feel is unjustified/unreasonable in this situation Hog.

He has an obligation to quell the situation as best he can, and in my eyes it appears that several people inclunding the Mother tried to do that before he even arrived. She was dismissive and he re-acted. A little rough indeed, but he has to protect himself and others from it going even further.

No hostile moves by the (very loosely used) "suspect."

No evidence of a weapon.

No clear voice commands from the officer.

This is a 15-year old girl, calmly walking away, who gets blasted with a Sean Taylor tackle.

Tell me, with a straight face, that the minimum amount of force necessary to control the situation was used. That's what officers are required to do.

I already stated that the force was a tad over the top, but at the same time...How in the hell does he know ?

And the 15 year old thing is BS. A 15 year old kid with intent and again, she appears to ignore them and only left when the police showed up. From 30 or 40 yards away you are not hearing clear commands unless they are given by an NFL QB. They seemed calm and then did what they had to do to shut it down.

Publicly intoxicated... assaulted a teacher and got in a fight with her mother on the side of the street... and while 15, clearly about the same size as the officer in question (girth and height wise). Going by the facts of the case so far and the video evidence, I have to side with the cop.

Publicly intoxicated... assaulted a teacher and got in a fight with her mother on the side of the street... and while 15, clearly about the same size as the officer in question (girth and height wise). Going by the facts of the case so far and the video evidence, I have to side with the cop.

I agree, and at the 1:51 mark in the viedo the cop says come here. She knew what was up when the cops showed up. All the cop did was knock her down before he had to chase her down. I have zero problem with this.

This is a 15-year old girl, calmly walking away, who gets blasted with a Sean Taylor tackle.

It was a good hit, we may to take a look at him :ols:

Girth? Do you know that word means? He's got her by 80 pounds, EASY. If you can't see the size (AND girth difference) I'm glad you're not a cop. Hell, you could interpret a surfboard as a handgun. :ols:

I already stated that the force was a tad over the top, but at the same time...How in the hell does he know ?

He's trained to interpret body language, threat posture, and look for what could be a weapon. He's also trained (poorly) in levels of force; officer presence, verbal commands, display/threat of force, use of force. This girl made NO aggressive moves toward him, or anyone else while he was present. And she's got all the "girth" of a strand of uncooked spaghetti. To date, none of the officers I've supported have been found guilty (that I know of) of excessive force. We'll see if the opposite holds true if there's a use-of-force review or civil trial.

And the 15 year old thing is BS. A 15 year old kid with intent and again, she appears to ignore them and only left when the police showed up. From 30 or 40 yards away you are not hearing clear commands unless they are given by an NFL QB. They seemed calm and then did what they had to do to shut it down.

What intent? What specific threat did she display? What made him fear for his, or someone else's safety?

You can't just spear someone because they're walking away. You can:

Say, "Police officer. Stop or I will place you under arrest for obstructing my investigation." She doesn't stop, hook her up.

Say, "Police officer. Stop, or I will deploy pepper spray." She doesn't stop, hose her down.

If she doesn't stop, you exercise the level of force you described. If she bolts, or turns and swings, then you go Goldberg on her.

HH, I'm glad to hear someone with law enforcement training say that. It was over the line IMO.

And I'm an admitted cop homer, FWIW. I LOOK for reasons that some people might not see to give an officer the benefit of the doubt. I don't see one here.

Girth? Do you know that word means? He's got her by 80 pounds, EASY.

I'm sure if you tried to wrap your arms around the 15 year old, then the cop, it would be about the same. I'm questioning if *you* know what it means.

I'm sure if you tried to wrap your arms around the 15 year old, then the cop, it would be about the same. I'm questioning if *you* know what it means.

Girth generally applies to the mid-section, but not necessarily. Let's try the same experiment, wrapping your hands around her biceps, then his.

Come on. If your argument is essentially "they're the same size," it's patently absurd.

Girth generally applies to the mid-section, but not necessarily. Let's try the same experiment, wrapping your hands around her biceps, then his. Come on. If your argument is essentially "they're the same size," it's patently absurd.

I didn't say he couldn't take her in an arm wrestling match, but her being 15 doesn't equate to a puny little girl. Her size is pretty clear in the video.

Her decision making to assault people that day is also pretty clear.

I didn't say he couldn't take her in an arm wrestling match, but her being 15 doesn't equate to a puny little girl. Her size is pretty clear in the video.

I'll grant, she's tall for 15. That doesn't change the equation.

Her decision making to assault people that day is also pretty clear.

Well, obviously something happened before the video begins, but it opens with her being pinned to the ground for an extended period of time. I can promise you, if someone takes me down, and tries to restrain me like that, as soon as I can get an arm or leg free, it's going to be used to inflict pain as well. That's not just human nature, that is every single animal on earth that I know of.

But the fact remains that she was casually walking away when the "Rated R Superstar" came out of retirement. It was bull**** and there's no way around it.

the post saying she got hit by an NFL linebacker are lame. Do we watch the same NFL? I hit way harder then that when I was 12 and weighed 90 pounds.

edit: plus he went after her head which we know is a nono.

Archived