Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, overall, what are your marks out of 10 for the Skins draft?

ukvillaskin

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Did you forget to add a poll?

I'd grade this draft a solid C+ or 7.5 out of 10

I like some of the players of course, but felt we really passed on some quality DL & OL for value and took inferior players in their place. Even though we may have FA return soon, I still felt as if the DL & OL were BPA and need.

Just my take...

This was one of the great championship foundation drafts. We got solid players at all the non-flashy, blue collar positions that are essential for a winning team. When we look back at the rise of the Skins in a few years, the 2011 draft will be the turning point.

We cannot rate the quality of the players taken yet but this is the first draft in years where I never had to cringe or be embarrassed even once, run by professionals with a coherent plan. 8 of 10 due to picks traded away (Brown, McNabb) but overall a huge upgrade over Vinnie using his Magic 8ball.

I'd give this draft at least a B+ with the idea that it could get much better after seeing the players perform. It was like a breath of fresh air to see the management trade down, pick up more picks and select quality players whose value matched the round they were picked. What a concept! lol The best part about it to me is the price they paid for trading down was very small. Great to see the FO doing what appears to be a great job and looking forward to seeing the quality of these picks in the coming years. I really liked it.

I will give it a 6 or 7.

This feels like they are actually trying to participate in the draft unlike previous years where they basically relied on free agency. Hopefully some of these utility players they have picked up will pan out. However like I have said before, the Redskins are notorious for playing guys out of position, and not utilizing talents, so we shall see what happens.

They also did not really address the O-Line which have been a huge problem for last several years....

I really liked what we did for the most part. My only complaint is that we only came away with a guard along the o line. I would give the draft an 8.

Yeah it kinda makes the fans sound moronic when we cry about a traded 3rd or 4th rounder when they get 6 picks out of trading down 6 spots and still get their guy in the first.

Good Day to All...

Since I have retired and moved to Florida...I spend less time looking at my beloved 'Skins. Direct TV costs a lot. I did follow the draft and I must say that what management did in getting the number of picks that they did, to me, was excellent. Reading posts on "they should have done this and they should have done that" suggests to me the posters are opining based on true ignorance..SORRY, BUT THAT IS HOW I FEEL. The management team optimized their ability to bring in new players. I suspect that the 2 Running Backs will both make the team as will the 1st & 2nd Picks. If that is the case then this draft will be a success. Coulda...Woulda...no...These guys did extremely well..."Skin fans...quit your whining!!!"

This Draft was a 10 for management skill....and a 10 for quality of draft choices...

Based on just how it was handled, easily a solid 9.

For the first time in 20 years we WORKED the draft, rather than got worked over by it.

We're usually the ones sitting there wondering why we gave so much to get so little, and this weekend we gained a lot and gave up exactly nothing but a single slide of six spots, and likely got the player we were targeting in Kerrigan anyway.

If 7 of these players make the team that will be an unbridled success. If 10 do, it's the greatest draft we've had since Gibbs 1.

We got younger in a hurry. We got faster in a hurry.

Very nice to have a draft in which the coach and GM are NOT done their work early enough to helicopter over to the stadium to show off their two picks.

The team has taken it's first good strides in the rebuilding process. AND it has gained some respect as a front office that is more savvy than any we've had here in twenty years.

Love it. LOVE it.

~Bang

I give the draft a 6. I was loving everything about the draft for the Skins until the Niles Paul pick. I don't have the words to express how terrible he is........watch the highlights from last year when Nebraska lost at home to the worst Longhorns team in a generation. Nebraska should have won convincingly but Paul dropped so many EASY TDs it really looked like he was paid off to throw that game. I've never seen anything like it in 40 years of watching college football.

As I'm sure we all know it way to early to give any marks for a draft - ask me in about 3 years. However the front office did a great job in maximizing the return on that number ten pick into quantity of picks which helps us get much younger much more quickly - and that was important. We also added speed which was also needed.

The final grade on this draft though will in large part be determined in Jacksonville. If Gabbert turns into a franchise QB we made a mistake.

I give it an 8. The Oline picked up a little at the end of last year and we have some guys we drafted on the practice squad. The skill positions and defense needed to be upgraded significantly and were. I would have liked a qb, but we can't have everything.

I'd give it a 7 1/2. Obviously I loved how they parlayed few picks into a lot of picks. Successful teams such as Pittburg/NE etc aren't good at the draft because they always hit on their picks, they have successful drafts because they give themselves so many chances to hit with the high number of picks they always end up with. I also loved how they didn't chase a QB just to chase a QB.

I would have been much happier with Paea over Jenkins. Sure DE is a need but NT is the key to the 3-4 and Paea could have been the anchor for a decade. Also hated the Gomes pick. But I have to trust Shanny's board and his track record of finding RBs can't be ignored. You can't fill all your needs in one draft and there's always FA to sign OL help so I have to say I'm happy.

6 for now lets see how the players fare in camp and preseason, whenever that starts.

Glad to see the defense addressed and the wise move to not waste draft picks on QBs that are at best 2nd stringers after the 2nd round.

8 out of 10. I am very happy with this draft. It really had a "Snyder free" feeling to it. You could tell that smart football people were calling the shots. For years our lack of draft picks made us look bad. This year we looked responsible and prepared. Great job Shanny and Bruce!

The final grade on this draft though will in large part be determined in Jacksonville. If Gabbert turns into a franchise QB we made a mistake.

Disagree, IF Gabbert turns out good for Jax that doesn't automatically mean he would have here. People always act as though players are interchangeable as light bulbs, but it is way more complicated and nuanced than that.

8 out of 10. I am very happy with this draft. It really had a "Snyder free" feeling to it. You could tell that smart football people were calling the shots. For years our lack of draft picks made us look bad. This year we looked responsible and prepared. Great job Shanny and Bruce!

I completely agree with you, this draft had the feeling that Snyder wasn't even around. I am having a hard time understanding why any Redskin fan wouldn't give this draft an 8 or higher. For the past umpteen years all we complained about was trying to build thru the draft like every other successful team in the league. The first year we do it, people give it a 6 or less grade?? Wow, the level of stupidity on our board is rising and rising.

Don't know how to grade this draft. Loved the fact that they did not take QB, just to take one. Loved the fact that they stockpiled picks.

I did not really love their picks though. Just throwing this question out there...does anyone in the Skins organization have experience building 3-4 defense? I feel like they keep on drafting players, who would be great fits for a 4-3, but are trying to plug them into positions into a 3-4. But the real grades should come two years down the road.

They gave everyone love.

Only 4 teams graded below a B.

How is that even possible? Everyone had a great draft according to this clown.

Writer Rob Rang phoning it in with lines like "Having run a 3-4 defense for the past few seasons despite fielding a team largely built on 4-3 personnel.."

Do a little homework, Rob Rang. Just a tiny bit.

In regard to grading a draft,, obviously we know nothing til the players play,, but in terms of how to handle a draft, how to maximize the potential of a draft, and in how to prep and execute a draft, the Redskins were excellent this weekend.

~Bang

I give it an 8 out of 10. Not quite sure what the implications of all this for QB are but I love our first three picks. Hard to say yay or nay on the remaining ones because that'll depend on how they shake out, do they blossom into the sleepers that many on this board and in the organization are hoping they will, etc. etc., but gotta love the overall philosophy of going younger and stockpiling picks (all while stunning the rest of the football world that still are incredulous that the Skins ended up with 12 picks when all is said and done)

Archived