Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, overall, what are your marks out of 10 for the Skins draft?

ukvillaskin

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I completely agree with you, this draft had the feeling that Snyder wasn't even around. I am having a hard time understanding why any Redskin fan wouldn't give this draft an 8 or higher. For the past umpteen years all we complained about was trying to build thru the draft like every other successful team in the league. The first year we do it, people give it a 6 or less grade?? Wow, the level of stupidity on our board is rising and rising.

I agree 100%. Also I have to say I'm happy with this draft because this is the first time in years that we focused on the draft (I think we have to give some credit to the lock out for this).

I have the feeling this has to be the draft that sets the table for future success.

The way they went about the draft was GREAT! They essentially received 6 additional picks just to move 6 spots down in the first round, but the problem lies with the players that they picked in those spots. They picked players with 4 or 5 better players at that same position still left on the board. So with that said I will give them a 7.

That's an awfully strange thing to say. Rabach is an NFL caliber center and has been so for some time. He's not what he used to be and we would do well to find an upgrade but it's not like he doesn't even deserve a roster spot.

Did yu watch him routinely getting trucked all last season? Your post is like saying John Jansen was still an NFL OT at the end of his career. Rabach was a fine center, but that ended 2 years ago.

As for this draft I kind of look at it like I do Ernie G's attempt to rebuild the Wiz. Loved the idea of blowing up the team but just wasn't crazy about who he ended up with after using all the picks. I loved how Shanny moved back to acquire picks, just not crazy about who he ended up selecting. And don't get me wrong, I loved the Kerrigan and Hankerson selections and it looks like we've got some nice sleepers near the end. But Jenkins over Paea is something I'll never understand. Liked the Helu pick but the other 2 Nebraska picks were just plain reaches IMO.

I think the Skins did great. They picked players that fit the scheme not so much the best player at the position. They addressed both sides of the ball, especially at the wideout and running back position. An offense ranked 16th overall and 8th in the pass just got a little bit better.

That's an awfully strange thing to say. Rabach is an NFL caliber center and has been so for some time. He's not what he used to be and we would do well to find an upgrade but it's not like he doesn't even deserve a roster spot.

We will have to agree to disagree..he is awful, misses blocks, gets overpowered. Probably a nice guy, but not a starting center on this or any other NFL team.

This was one of the great championship foundation drafts. We got solid players at all the non-flashy, blue collar positions that are essential for a winning team. When we look back at the rise of the Skins in a few years, the 2011 draft will be the turning point.

Haha.

This is one of the worst drafts any team had. Jarvis Jenkins is useless, had the worst Bench press at the combine of any DT, gets tired real easy. Niles Paul - douchebag, his own college didn't want him anymore, fumbles the ball more than than he catches the ball

http://betteroffred.fantake.com/2010/10/06/niles-paul-just-give-me-the-damn-ball/

"Niles needs to stop dropping the damm ball"

"He is the most inconsistent player on the team"

"Hey Niles, your horrible. For the last four years ive been trying to love you, like every girl in college, you try to love them, but you always find something wrong with them, theres always something wrong with you, your getting in trouble with the law, oh, and you fumble it EVERY time you touch it"

That's his own fans/classmates, but I'm sure someone here will tell me I'm wrong.

Combine those with the fact we didn't draft a QB, and drafted numerous WR's, and you have a terrible draft strategy. One of the worst drafts in NFL History, and I'm shocked to see so many people preaching it like the greatest thing ever simply because we drafted more people than we have on over a decade. All those 7th round picks aren't gonna win a division. Learn about the players you draft.

Did yu watch him routinely getting trucked all last season? Your post is like saying John Jansen was still an NFL OT at the end of his career. Rabach was a fine center, but that ended 2 years ago.
We will have to agree to disagree..he is awful, misses blocks, gets overpowered. Probably a nice guy, but not a starting center on this or any other NFL team.

I didn't say Rabach should be starting nor did I give any indication that I approve of his play over the last few seasons. In fact, I've been as big a detractor of his performance as anyone over the last three seasons. All I'm saying in this thread is that the man still has what it takes to be on the roster and compete for a starting job. To say that he's not an NFL caliber center is to say that he doesn't even deserve that much. He's certainly still playing better than Jansen did at the end of his career.

we have quite a few young o-linemen already. Do we really need to bring in a bunch of late round picks? I'm not saying we are set but if you draft linemen after round 4 its about as much of a crapshoot as trying out the guys we already have. I was not terribly upset about drafting only a tackle in r7, although i wouldnt mind a center.

On the topic of o line, i would like to see heyer at guard again... he is awful at tackle but he dominated in that game when he stepped in at guard.

everyone's speaking about not drafting oline but you have to remember we drafted a good amount last season and they were just on the practice squad. i think after having a year in the league guys like capers might really shine though as starting material this season. time will tell and i think shanny has an incredibly precise and well thought out plan. in 2 to 3 years we'll be leading the division and in serious contention for the super bowl...

i give it an 8.

Haha.

This is one of the worst drafts any team had. Jarvis Jenkins is useless, had the worst Bench press at the combine of any DT, gets tired real easy. Niles Paul - douchebag, his own college didn't want him anymore, fumbles the ball more than than he catches the ball

http://betteroffred.fantake.com/2010/10/06/niles-paul-just-give-me-the-damn-ball/

"Hey Niles, your horrible. For the last four years ive been trying to love you, like every girl in college, you try to love them, but you always find something wrong with them, theres always something wrong with you, your getting in trouble with the law, oh, and you fumble it EVERY time you touch it"

That's his own fans/classmates, but I'm sure someone here will tell me I'm wrong.

Combine those with the fact we didn't draft a QB, and drafted numerous WR's, and you have a terrible draft strategy. One of the worst drafts in NFL History, and I'm shocked to see so many people preaching it like the greatest thing ever simply because we drafted more people than we have on over a decade. All those 7th round picks aren't gonna win a division. Learn about the players you draft.

You guys with the "we didn't draft a qb" :cry: is getting old really quick

Your logic for assuming a player will be a bust is that he didn't put up big numbers in the combine bench press and then at 320lbs he gets tired easily, at a 2 down position?

Then you pick out the one guy drafted that had even the slightest of bad character issues, while everyone else drafted was a team captain or a team leader?

Right now our #1 WR going into next year is Malcom Kelly and you say that drafting players at the position is dumb.

Haha.

What QB did you want us to take? And who exactly is supposed to play wide receiver this season? Quite possibly the most laughable opinion I've ever read. I'm pretty damn sure Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan are better talent evaluators then a bunch of knuckleheads on a blog.

I think this is how the trade broke down:

Gabbert vs. Kerrigan, Hankerson, Helu, Gomes, Robinson, Hurt

There's a 99.99% chance that we got the better of this deal in year one. Gabbert will likely ride the pine and we got a couple of starters, role players, and projects.

Time will tell, but we weren't sold on Gabbert and we got pretty much an entire draft for him.

Well said. A lot of people missed this. Before the draft, we have 1, 2, 2 x5, 6, 3x 7 = 8 picks. After the draft, we got 1, 2, 3, 4, 2x5, 2x6, 4x7=12 picks. By trading from #10 to #16, we picked up 5 extra picks !!!! That alone should get a Grade 8 out of 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!! People complain about not drafting a QB or OL but there is NO WAY we can fix ALL positions in one draft. We had no Depth. After the draft, we got a great OLB, DL, WR, RB and depths. I really don't care much about QB this year. If the "right" one falls to us, then sure why not. But lets not reach for one like Ten or Min did. The season won't start until we get CBA done. Once CBA done, we wil have FA signing. I am willing to BET anyone who cried and moaned about us not drafting a OL that WE WILL SIGN OL FA!!!!! Anyone? Shanny have said they have a plan with FA. We cleared up all the contracts last year. We CAN SIGN a lot of FA this year if we want to. But I doubt it will be in the same price like DUMB AND DUMBER did the last 10 yrs. We got much younger with the draft and will add a few key FA. We have competence people running the show now. Will they be perfect? No. But they sure are much better than the last 10 yrs. If we even get 50% right on the draft, that's 6 picks!!!! They got mostly blue collar players with great attitude. We need these kind of players on our team. Next year, we can draft a QB and other positions. No way we can fix it all this year. You want Championship? You need to be patience. And no, the last 10 yrs dont count because we had morons running the show. As much as I love Gibb, his biggest mistake is letting Vinny back in. But what's done is done. This team is NOW back on the right track. Will be 1 - 2 yrs more of pain but I can wait.

Why is everyone so down on the Jenkins pick?

I think this guy might have been a little underrated because he was overshadowed by Bowers. H'es got prototypical size, good athleticism and was productive in college. Maybe he's not weight room strong but that 1. doesnt always translate to the field and 2. is a relatively easy thing to improve

REFRESHINGLY WORKING CLASS. What a nice feeling to have about my team. Competent, measured, solid. These words describe this draft, which I rate an 8. I am worried about the OL like everyone else...but totally love the fact that we didn't reach for a QB this year.

I am hoping Rex can squeak out 9-10 wins.

Miami got to him, before we could. Miami drafted Pouncey 15, where we took Kerrigan 16.
But Before that we traded down from 10 (maybe thinking Pouncey would still be there

and with what Shanny said in the pressor about O-line drafting...I get the impression that there was at least One O-lineman drafted that we targeted.....taken just before us

It could have been Oakland taking Wisniewski in the 2nd, but either way I think we just missed drafting a center

I liked what they did. Time will tell if the players will work out. But I like giving up picks to get more. There were no players that were worth the 10th pick. No big names slipped. Gabbert may be great and we may regret that, but they did a good job improving multiple positions and not just one. I give them a 8 out of 10.

i am happy that the draft went as well as it did, we got the player we wanted in Kerrigan and we have optimised the picks as best we could for the following numbers. Thess players give us youth and exhuberence and will bring an excitement to the list we havent had for some time but the other think i liked is we swapped draft picks for draft picks not FA picks the tide has turned the redskins are no longer the bunny for he NFL

---------- Post added May-1st-2011 at 09:47 PM ----------

i like the draft but the thing to remeber is that shanny would ask for the players that the thinks can do the best for the skins on field the players he thinks he can mold into great players and i trust him and i know he got what he wanted now its up to him to produce

---------- Post added May-1st-2011 at 09:48 PM ----------

i like the draft but the thing to remeber is that shanny would ask for the players that the thinks can do the best for the skins on field the players he thinks he can mold into great players and i trust him and i know he got what he wanted now its up to him to produce

I would have gave the Skins a 9 if they would have drafted Marvin Austin or Steve Wisniewski with the 2nd round pick. Over all we had a solid draft, but i hate that 2nd round pick with a passion.

+1

The second round pick could be the one pick that comes back to hurt us. I strongly feel that Jarvis Jenkins will not be the answer at NT will he take fat Al's spot on the DL that is yet to be seen. If Austin was not suspended for the 2010 season at NC there is no doubt in my mind he would have went in the first round.

Archived