Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, overall, what are your marks out of 10 for the Skins draft?

ukvillaskin

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

But Before that we traded down from 10 (maybe thinking Pouncey would still be there

and with what Shanny said in the pressor about O-line drafting...I get the impression that there was at least One O-lineman drafted that we targeted.....taken just before us

It could have been Oakland taking Wisniewski in the 2nd, but either way I think we just missed drafting a center

I may be wrong in thinking this, but when Mike was a coach in Denver did he ever have any high drafted offensive linemen there starting? I believe they drafted Clady in his final year but that's all I can recall. Just seems like he had a lot of mid-late round lunch pail guys.

Gave it an 8. She's a very pretty girl, but not model material. Glad we had so many picks, and looked to add some youth. I'm hoping our practice squad OL can come in and help this season (since we picked up some OL's last season).

I gave it an 8.I think that the trades probably deserve a 10. The way they operated the draft, also probably a 9 or 10. The actual picks themselves, well, I hope they all catch on. A few more WRs that I would have liked to have seen, but eh, that's a just whatever.

Let's go get 'em.

Right I really think that pick will come back to bite us, I cant see a lineman being good that can only throw up 225 just 17 times, didnt a kicker last year do much better than that?

David Buehler of the Cowboys did 25 reps. Which was more than Michael Oher who did 21. He also ran a faster 40 than Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing, his two USC teammates. I've always been a firm believer in that the underwear Olympics are nothing more than a sideshow. Put the film on and that's how you know if a kid can play or not, because once they get in an NFL strength and conditioning program they will be able torun faster than they've ever been or be stronger than they've ever been.

It is hard to say at this time, but I'd say it is above average. The team did a good job collecting picks after wasting a couple of them last year. They did collect a lot of players, but I wonder how many will actually stick, especially at WR, where likely one or even two will be on the outside looking in.

It was also disappointing that some of the more glaring needs weren't met by this draft, but it is also an odd one since we didn't have FA to fill in some holes first. I still think we need a developmental QB.

As I'm sure we all know it way to early to give any marks for a draft - ask me in about 3 years. However the front office did a great job in maximizing the return on that number ten pick into quantity of picks which helps us get much younger much more quickly - and that was important. We also added speed which was also needed.

The final grade on this draft though will in large part be determined in Jacksonville. If Gabbert turns into a franchise QB we made a mistake.

No I disagree - If Gabbert becomes a franchise back I would put that down to the situation he is in in Jacksonvile and clicking with the system and the coaches . We can only really judge this draft on the player we chose and not the things we didn't do - but I concede we cannot judge for a few years ..

9 simply becuase I like the majority of the picks, and this was unlike any draft in recent history for me. We picked in EVERY ROUND. Pretty pathetic that I can't remember the last time we did that.

I really like the Kerrigan pick, the Jenkins pick, the Hankerson pick, both RB picks (b/c I think Shanny has a good eye for RBs late, and they both look faster than what we have) and I dig our last pick, the big NT from WV. I think he'll end up being a steal!

I also think these WRs were drafted to see if Malcom Kelly can step up in camp and claim a spot for himself. That wasn't the direct reason, but Malcolm must be thinking he's gotta come in and really, really get to work and prove he's worth not only the 2nd rounder that was spent to get him, but worht being on this roster, and even in the league.

Now if these picks don't work out, my score would obviously go down. But hey, the more picks you have, the more chance you have of someone making an impact.

What I didn't like, but I understand is the neglect of the O-Line. However, if we go out and sign 2 awesome, and relatively young FA's, this draft could very well end up staying at a 9 for me.

I for one am glad we didn't take a QB, b/c that tells me that none of them were worth a pick. Don't brun a pick to just appease the masses and show everyone you want to find a QB. I have more confidence in Shanallen than I ever did in Vinny. I'm looking forward to the season now more than ever.

They get a 10 from me. Culture change, intelligent drafting, and solid picks all around. There is nothing to be unhappy about right now. Most of the needs were addressed which is all we could have really hoped for. Hopefully, free agency will fill some others.

Yeah, whether we make a handful of picks, or a dozen, the deciding factor is how many good players did we really get?

I really like doing it stereotypical Patriot way, off the top of my head nobody has a hit rate over 50%, so get as many picks as you can!

Our coaches and trainers will be important, and a big factor in helping our rookies learn and train successfully to succeed at the Pro level. I'm optimistic about the Shanahans on that. Haslett.... like other posters have said his defenses historically get WORSE the longer he's there. Hope he and assistants are better now.

I love repeating this: Looks like our draft ended up being about more personnel for our 3-4 defense and wide receivers. Hope to god they still have plans to upgrade our OL without throwing the bank at someone.

I gave it the 8. I was a bit skeptical when we started trading picks, but then I saw what they were doing. We have no need for a fresh QB this year. We still need to address some issues. I know most people want us to change overnight but lets be honest, we have another 2 years before we're back to being a solid team again. Next years draft will be a big changer to putting us back in the running. Lets see what happens. Patience people, you can't fix 10 years of stupid overnight.

Haha.

This is one of the worst drafts any team had. Jarvis Jenkins is useless, had the worst Bench press at the combine of any DT, gets tired real easy. Niles Paul - douchebag, his own college didn't want him anymore, fumbles the ball more than than he catches the ball

http://betteroffred.fantake.com/2010/10/06/niles-paul-just-give-me-the-damn-ball/

"Niles needs to stop dropping the damm ball"

"He is the most inconsistent player on the team"

"Hey Niles, your horrible. For the last four years ive been trying to love you, like every girl in college, you try to love them, but you always find something wrong with them, theres always something wrong with you, your getting in trouble with the law, oh, and you fumble it EVERY time you touch it"

That's his own fans/classmates, but I'm sure someone here will tell me I'm wrong.

Combine those with the fact we didn't draft a QB, and drafted numerous WR's, and you have a terrible draft strategy. One of the worst drafts in NFL History, and I'm shocked to see so many people preaching it like the greatest thing ever simply because we drafted more people than we have on over a decade. All those 7th round picks aren't gonna win a division. Learn about the players you draft.

It's always nice when the idiots put on a sign so we don't mistake them for anyone with brains.

Thanks!

~Bang

I give the draft a 6. I was loving everything about the draft for the Skins until the Niles Paul pick. I don't have the words to express how terrible he is........watch the highlights from last year when Nebraska lost at home to the worst Longhorns team in a generation. Nebraska should have won convincingly but Paul dropped so many EASY TDs it really looked like he was paid off to throw that game. I've never seen anything like it in 40 years of watching college football.

so an aditional pick that you think they wasted brings them down to a six. this is absurd, dude will most likely be a special teams player/ like a james thrash does he really have to be an all pro wr in that late for it to be a 10

6 for now, just too soon to tell how this will play out. As many have said before, I think the most positive thing about this draft was it sent a message about the way our F.O is now trying to build through the draft and not FA.

Did you forget to add a poll?

I'd grade this draft a solid C+ or 7.5 out of 10

I like some of the players of course, but felt we really passed on some quality DL & OL for value and took inferior players in their place. Even though we may have FA return soon, I still felt as if the DL & OL were BPA and need.

Just my take...

I think youre right.

I think we needed to take a flyer on a QB. The problem is that the average NFL player plays for 4 yrs. If it will take 3-4 years to draft a QB and develop him, the odds are the players in this draft will on average have careers that are over.

That is the problem with continually passing on a QB

Considering the team did not have a 3rd or 4th round pick I thought the FO did an excellent job of receiving value for the 10th pick and in their subsequent trades. Without those trades the team would not have been able to draft Hankerson in the 3rd or Helu in the 4th, both of which were good value picks imo...and Hankerson was mocked to us in the 2nd round in several pre draft mocks.

Kerrigan and Jenkins should be week 1 starters, and Hankerson and Helu should receive plenty of pt early. If any of our later round picks make the team and contribute then that's a plus.

I'd give the FO a 10 for maneuvering and a 8-9 for its picks.

If I could have voted for 8.5 I would have. I gave them an 8. I like the moves to pick on more draft picks. I think the first 4 picks will all see action the first year and finally the Skins are doing things the right way.

B or 7. Basically, I repeat what a lot of others have already said. You cannot actually evaluate the players until 2 or 3 years down the road. The picks in the first second and third all seem solid and the lesser knows later at least had no embarrassment factor. The state of the OL is scary without knowing what the plans are for free agency, but that may be moot once the future is known.

I thought they got a lot for a number 10 pick. A lot more than I ever expected and was very pleased overall. The lack of a QB in the draft doesn't bother me as much as the lack of any early round OL, and it will be interesting to see if they go with Grossman, Beck or another guy not currently on the roster. Even if it's McNabb, they have to do something about that awful OL eventually.

It was just nice knowing that this isn't Vinny and Dan's draft any more.

I loved the trades down.

One question, though, did we pick up any 2012 draft picks through all of the moves we made this draft?

I have that question too because it seems odd to trade back 3 times in the second round and only end up with 1 3rd round pick. That left me scratching my head.

Archived