Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Local Severe Thunderstorm Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

and that is fine. but it is not cheap and believe it that the cost will passed on to the consumers. and don't complain about the traffic backups during the process. lol

Most of the cost would take away dividends from the shareholders, and of course in this country, that is a horrible thing.

I went and bought one the other day, just in case it happens again...got a monster too! 5500 watt, 7 gallon gas tank, it will run for 13 hours straight at half load, 7 at full! I had

always wanted to get one before this recent storm and never did.... it was nice to at least hook up the portable/stand up ac unit to cool things off a little for a day at least before power came back on.

How much?

Another storm. Wind sounds about the same but I'm not sure how serious this is supposed to be. Was hoping to get my power back tomorrow. God I hope this doesn't **** that up.

So frustrating. Been staying at a fam friends house. I think I've talked about this before. They live about a mile down, on the same street. They never lost power. If there's any justice in the world, they'll lose power tonight and have to sleep on my couch.

I've been weaving through my suburban neighborhood in Rockville every night since the storm. Gradually everything has been turned back on, except this one section of the neighborhood. Poor ****s man, that's just ridiculous. Even some traffic lights are still out around here. Is it ignorant for one to complain about the power companies? I'm sure the workers are doing their best, but it just seems like something is wrong here. A 30 minute storm (granted it was a beast) causes the chaos of a 12 hour blizzard. Something doesn't seem right. Do you guys think BG&E and Pepco need to revamp some ****? Or is this the best they can do?

Power still out in DC. Seriously, someone has to do something about Pepco. They do a horrible job.

I remember just sitting in my house when I was in the DC area, and the power would just go out randomly, without any kind of inclement weather at all. This isn't California. We don't deserve rolling blackouts.

CNN right now is just going hard at Pepco, and deservedly so.

Power still out in DC. Seriously, someone has to do something about Pepco. They do a horrible job.

I remember just sitting in my house when I was in the DC area, and the power would just go out randomly, without any kind of inclement weather at all. This isn't California. We don't deserve rolling blackouts.

CNN right now is just going hard at Pepco, and deservedly so.

This was in the Post this morning...adding fuel to your hate of Pepco

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/consumers-must-unite-and-demand-better-service-from-pepco-dominion-and-bge/2012/07/04/gJQA7zfPOW_story.html?hpid=z3

That's cheaper than I imagined. What all can you run with it? LIke if you got it going at max capacity, what can it do?

Fridge (most draw 800 watts) 2 stand up ac units, tv, cable box, and I think I could run a dryer or washer on it as well if I wanted to

My sister and bro in law lives next door to my parents and his is smaller, but they were running 4 fridges off of his, and a few small fans

Every appliance and generator is different though, its all about finding out how much each electronic draws and figuring out what you can run on yours

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived