Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is anyone even remotely good at picking up women in bars?

Trust me, I don't either. . . . not that I am ugly. I am a pretty normal guy, but she is actually hot. The weird part is she really does love me. :ols: :ols: :ols:

If you come down to Austin one day you can see for yourself.

I might be coming to UT in the fall for grad school.. so I will be the judge of that ;)

lol, I glanced at the thread title and thought it said "Is anyone remotely good at picking up women behind bars?"

I started laughing at work because it reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where George gets a girlfriend who is in jail.

I live in a fun little drinking river town. I live right behind the bar I work at, which is a super cool rock and roll club, where you can get away with anything. This town is also very heavy with gay men and pretty girls, but not a lot of honest cool guys and I am. I also look a little like Tommy Lee, so I'm not bad looking. I make an effort not to pick up any of the girls who come into my bar and rather just be friends with them. That leads to a lot of sex, with different girls. I'm lucky on one hand, but I have trouble with intimate relationships, especially with all the temptations around here.

I thought it was very noble when you tried to help your daughter win "Big Brother."

/No one will get that joke.

I might be coming to UT in the fall for grad school.. so I will be the judge of that ;)

:ols:

Let me know if you end up coming down. We have a good group of skins fans down here actually. There are 8-10 of us who get together every week. Some weeks we have 20+ fans, depending on how things are going with the season.

This thread would be awesome if McD5 was still alive.

Also' date=' where is that little Asian dude who always used to brag about his endless supply of leggy blondes?[/quote']

I was POSITIVE Kosher Ham was going to school us all.

oh well :kickcan:

I'm sure you used to pull mad ass out by the moonshine still near the third stump on the felt after old Cooter Ridge Road turns to gravel.

Easy there Texas. It's a shame we can't all pick up women at livestock auctions.

I was about to make that joke...we should compare JThor's old account and Pick6's to see if they are duplicates :ols:

No duplicates. I'm still here, and still cleaning up nicely

Just approach with confidence its like baseball if you hit 3 out of 10 times thats a pretty successful rate.

Smooth like Chief Wiggum:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T2KtdnejOHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2KtdnejOHo

Never been much into the bar scene, and when I went I surely wasn't in the mind to pick up girls. Met my wife online playing an RPG, so I'm not really the best person to talk to for pick up advice unless it's in the nerd department, perhaps.:silly:

Hey, I was kidding. I believe him. As someone who snagged a wife who is much, much hotter than me on any possible scale,* I know it can be done. I have no advice on HOW to do it, but it can be done.

* - not lying. Ask keeastman or mcsluggo.

its true that this gentleman swung out of his weight class.... However, i refuse to define his more appropriate weight class for ongoing discussions.

---------- Post added March-17th-2011 at 08:03 PM ----------

for me... no "finisher" stats to gloat about here since i met my wife right before my 20th birthday.

I will say two things: first, as Pick6 and others have said in various forms, it is all about "confidence", and just being able to actually talk to people as if they were people and not drip drool in their cleavage as you hyperventilate. Second, about 70% people that talk about having "confidence" in these sorts of discussions sound like aholes who confuse "confidence" with "sneering down their noses at women to see who will crawl up to their knees".

but all of that said... it became much MUCH easier to talk to women (both approach or be approached) once i no longer was actually wanting to "hook-up" (or I should phrase that ... not WILLING to hook-up and spoil what i already have. "wanting" to hook-up will presumably continue as long as i have a pusle?).

*** the "pusle" typpo was supposed to be "pulse".... but somehow "pusle" seems more appropriate! :P

(perhaps "throbbibg pusle"?)

I don't drink, so I really don't go to bars. I realize this probably hinders my ability to meet women; but even when I do go to bars or pubs, all the women there seem to be happily clutching their dates or with a group of girlfriends.

I really don't see how you can strike up a conversation with a person, especially a woman, out of the blue. I mean, isn't it a strange for a person to come up to your randomly and start talking to you unless something prompts it?

---------- Post added March-17th-2011 at 06:15 PM ----------

Nope. I was never a big enough jerk to succeed at that.

http://www.justaguything.com/the-top-5-things-jerks-do-to-get-women

That seems to be the best way to get a woman, especially a younger woman. Be a total jackass, and that will be misinterpreted as "confidence."

Any semblance of kindness, sensitivity, or intelligence will also be misinterpreted; but as weakness.

Archived