Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is anyone even remotely good at picking up women in bars?

Right so now you are going compare me to Ike Turner. Since you don't have a really argument I am just going to bow out from this back and forth. Really no point.

I did not compare you to Ike Turner. I simply coined a phrase for your move.

Though this suddent outburst of temper makes me wonder if employing the Ike Turner leads to becoming Ike Turner.

As I am not a licensed psychologist nor a degreed sociologist, I should probably refrain from commenting further.

---------- Post added March-16th-2011 at 01:00 PM ----------

Ive just started going to bars since I hit 21 in october. I have never been good with ladies but for what ever reason I have been very good with having hours long conversations with women and hooking up with them at bars. Unfortuantly I have not been good at bringing them home. Given I go to college bars in Towson and CP maybe that is what makes it so easy. I dont know

I officially no longer know what "hooking up" means apparently.

Oh, and to add to the discussion. I did one time pick up a girl at a bar in college. It was a couple of weeks after my GF of a year or so dumped me. I was wasted and close to blackout drunk. She was big. Pretty sure she was on the female rugby team. :ols: Been trying to get that image out of my mind for 1/2 a decade now. Every other hook-up in college and post-college came from house parties, being set-up, work, etc.

I did not compare you to Ike Turner. I simply coined a phrase for your move.

Though this suddent outburst of temper makes me wonder if employing the Ike Turner leads to becoming Ike Turner.

As I am not a licensed psychologist nor a degreed sociologist' date=' I should probably refrain from commenting further.

---------- Post added March-16th-2011 at 01:00 PM ----------

I officially no longer know what "hooking up" means apparently.

I am not mad at all. Just don't see the point in having a back and forth discussion with someone, who asked a question and rejects your answers, because he feels the need to label you based on a word you used.

:ols: at this thread

True story- I met my gf of almost 4 years now on Craigslist's Rant and Raves

What was your rant about?

I hope it wasn't about lazy black people receiving welfare. That would be disappointing.

(Note: 93.5 percent of Craislist rants are abour lazy black people receiving welfare).

---------- Post added March-16th-2011 at 01:06 PM ----------

I am not mad at all. Just don't see the point in having a back and forth discussion with someone, who asked a question and rejects your answers, because he feels the need to label you based on a word you used.

Just chill. Go work on your abs or something.

I just always walked right up to the prettiest girl in any bar and let her know right away that I was interested. Don't beat around the bush. When she says no, turn around and go for another good looking girl. This is cant lose. Women like men who can make a lot of friends, so go with a lot of your friends or where people like you. when you talk to girls, don't stick your chest out. instead talk with your stomach out and exposed.[trust me on this one]

Do these things all of the time and you will develop a level of comfort that will make you seem more attractive.

Women want men, not a whinny, insecure little boy.

I live in a fun little drinking river town. I live right behind the bar I work at, which is a super cool rock and roll club, where you can get away with anything. This town is also very heavy with gay men and pretty girls, but not a lot of honest cool guys and I am. I also look a little like Tommy Lee, so I'm not bad looking. I make an effort not to pick up any of the girls who come into my bar and rather just be friends with them. That leads to a lot of sex, with different girls. I'm lucky on one hand, but I have trouble with intimate relationships, especially with all the temptations around here.

I've done it before... Several times... I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the best looking guy, and honestly it's a bunch of "I'm really F'ing hammered, I don't really care" on the bright side, I sound relatively sober when I'm hammered...

As far as your request for a pic for you to laugh at... I think you'll have a hard time laughing at me....

CIMG0731-1.jpg

One time when I was in law school, I came out of the W hotel bar in New Orleans, and this blonde in a white mercedez convertible pulls up. Me and all my friends basically were like "dammmmn." I'm ****faced and just said, "hey, can i get a ride somewhere." And she said "yea, get in and hurry." My ass jumped in that car in a second, and then one block later she came to her senses and was like "what the **** am i doing, i'm taking you back." fun for a block.

Threads like these make me laugh. If you want to talk to a girl, just go talk to her. Say hi, see if you can get a conversation rolling. If you can't, then go talk to someone else. If it's goin well and you wanna take her home, try not to sound like a sleazy jerk and just invite her back. If she says no, go find someone else.

It's not really rocket science. I talk to random people all the time. And I know y'all will probably say it's easier being a girl, but I have met some huge *******s at bars tryin to start conversations with people. If they're a ***** or an ******* you probably don't want to take her/him home anyway. But people are just people, no one is better than you, so don't let them intimidate you. Meeting people at a bar is supposed to be fun. :cheers:

Threads like these make me laugh. If you want to talk to a girl, just go talk to her. Say hi, see if you can get a conversation rolling. If you can't, then go talk to someone else. If it's goin well and you wanna take her home, try not to sound like a sleazy jerk and just invite her back. If she says no, go find someone else.

It's not really rocket science. I talk to random people all the time. And I know y'all will probably say it's easier being a girl, but I have met some huge *******s at bars tryin to start conversations with people. If they're a ***** or an ******* you probably don't want to take her/him home anyway. But people are just people, no one is better than you, so don't let them intimidate you. Meeting people at a bar is supposed to be fun. :cheers:

This is right on. I said earlier in the thread, if you just go out looking for a good time and trying to make friends, it's much easier. Most people are at the bar to have fun and meet people anyway.

My husband met me at a bar (he was out celebrating with his wrestling teammates as they had just returned from nationals) and I was out celebrating a friend's birthday. He got my number before we left with our separate parties. We met the next week and went bowling (I beat him :D ). The rest is history.

He was the first guy I ever actually "met" at a bar who I dated...I typically only dated guys I met through friends or beer-league sports :D. Usually I never gave out my number as I wasn't interested in meeting people at bars; I didn't think there were guys looking for long term relationships in bars...and that's more what I was interested in. So, I pretty much took the bar experience for just going out with friends and having fun. I'd talk to random guys, but I rarely gave out my number and I never went home with them like that, even at the height of my partying days in college.

Anyway, it's really incredible how compatible my husband and I ended up being. I personally think it's a pretty rare scenario that two people who are marriage-compatible randomly meet at bars, but since I met my husband there, I can't knock it. Just caution it.

The way I see it, any given female knows within the first 5 minutes of meeting you if she likes you or not. What you say or do from there is inconsequential. If she's into you, you can be an obnoxious a-hole and she will still be attracted. If she's not, you can be the sweetest man on Earth and she still won't be interested.

So just be yourself. You'll save a ton of time either way.

The way I see it, any given female knows within the first 5 minutes of meeting you if she likes you or not. What you say or do from there is inconsequential. If she's into you, you can be an obnoxious a-hole and she will still be attracted. If she's not, you can be the sweetest man on Earth and she still won't be interested.

So just be yourself. You'll save a ton of time either way.

I do agree....to a point, Yes, women make their minds up fairly quickly. On the other hand, most guys blow it before they open their mouth.

Archived