Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is anyone even remotely good at picking up women in bars?

So if you are just going to turn people's answers away, why would you ask the question?

He quite clearly stated that you're supposed to post your picture so he can admit that you are good-looking enough (in the manliest way possible) to back up your words and deeds.

You need to share that story. Also' date=' I may have attended your wedding.[/quote']

I was standing at a bar waiting for my turn to get a drink, she slides up next to me, and get this her pickup line was, "Are you Catholic?" I guess she just wanted to get that out of the way. But the rest is history.

Iontop seems to be pretty good at it.

JThor is the best.

I never thought it was impossible, but its not like I succeeded every weekend. I met my future wife (less than a month from now) at a bar in Georgetown.

I can say a good friend of mine was absolutely amazing at it, but I didn't have the balls to say the things he did. It worked for him though.

God bless you. I've known anyone who dated one of those Lisa-Bonet-earthy-hippy-no-boundaries-artsy chicks that ever made it out of the relationship alive.

It always seems like the sex is great at first but then you wake up one Saturday with plans to watch the Penn State-Wisconisn game and find out that she's shaved your balls in your sleep for use in some art project.

And' date=' really, who needs that?[/quote']

Swing and a miss. Not a hippy. Strong black woman sort. Very opinionated and very intelligent. More concerned about having them chopped off than shaved. :ols:

(Also' date=' like Predicto, I don't believe you).[/quote']

Come on down July 3, 2011 to the wedding. :ols:

I am not turning answers away. I am remaining dubious of certain answers.

Chill' date=' bro.[/quote']

I don't use the word "bro" and what word would you have preferred over chill. Since you are so sure of yourself, next time your in DC I will buy you beer and show you it really isn't that hard to have a conversation with someone of the opposite sex.

I don't use the word "bro" and what word would you have preferred over chill. Since you are so sure of yourself, next time your in DC I will buy you beer and show you it really isn't that hard to have a conversation with someone of the opposite sex.

Bro, you really aren't being chill.

My wife and I have been together for 20 years so I am useless in this conversation.

Though I did used to work with a guy who was very good at this sort of thing. One time I asked him what his strategy was and he said "I just go up and ask a girl for her number. If she's interested she'll give it to me. If not she won't."

I see your game, bro. And I admire it.

Show a little hostility. Get the blood flowing so to speak.

Then bring me back with the tender side.

I call this Move #23 aka "The Ike Turner."

Lombardi's_kid_brother

(Also, like Predicto, I don't believe you).

Come on down July 3, 2011 to the wedding. :ols:

Hey, I was kidding. I believe him. As someone who snagged a wife who is much, much hotter than me on any possible scale,* I know it can be done. I have no advice on HOW to do it, but it can be done.

* - not lying. Ask keeastman or mcsluggo.

My wife and I have been together for 20 years so I am useless in this conversation.

Though I did used to work with a guy who was very good at this sort of thing. One time I asked him what his strategy was and he said "I just go up and ask a girl for her number. If she's interested she'll give it to me. If not she won't."

No fear is the key. At least from what I've seen. Most guys who pick up girls at the bar at least have instituted some sort of the "quantity approach." Not that they are all butt-ugly, but they aren't afraid to move to the next girl.

Ah, the Stephon Marbury approach. I knew volume shooters like this. It's effective but you need a preternatural level of self confidence and a unhealthy lack of self awareness to pull it off. For most guys, one outright rejection will put them on their heels for two hours.

I see your game' date=' bro. And I admire it.

Show a little hostility. Get the blood flowing so to speak.

Then bring me back with the tender side.

I call this Move #23 aka "The Ike Turner."[/quote']

Right so now you are going compare me to Ike Turner. Since you don't have a really argument I am just going to bow out from this back and forth. Really no point.

Ive just started going to bars since I hit 21 in october. I have never been good with ladies but for what ever reason I have been very good with having hours long conversations with women and hooking up with them at bars. Unfortuantly I have not been good at bringing them home. Given I go to college bars in Towson and CP maybe that is what makes it so easy. I dont know

Archived