Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I called today in response to the same email and all that was available was lower level end zone. I passed.

Just a few years go (early Gibbs 2.0) people clamored to move down to the lower level, even if it was endzone; simply bc it was much better than the upper deck. I don't blame you for turning them down today Timmy, I'm just noting how the times have changed. People on ES were stoked when offers to move down starting to happening in the late 2000s. Now its just another offer from the TO.

Just a few years go (early Gibbs 2.0) people clamored to move down to the lower level, even if it was endzone; simply bc it was much better than the upper deck. I don't blame you for turning them down today Timmy, I'm just noting how the times have changed. People on ES were stoked when offers to move down starting to happening in the late 2000s. Now its just another offer from the TO.

>> When the stadium first opened, lower level sidelines were $60 and lower level endzone and upper level sideline (rows 1-15) were $55. Today all lower level seats are the same price (excluding obstructed view). Sounds like they need to price the endzone lowers somewhere between lower and upper level sideline seats. Maybe the next time they bump prices they will do this because I can't see them lowering prices.

The prices from 1997 are from the packet the team sent out prior to FedEx opening up.

Upper deck sidelines (high rows) went up just $5 from RFK in '96 to $50 in Landover in '97. The face price included tax.

There was only a $10 difference between upper and lower level sidelines in the late 90s. Just $5 more to be in the lower level than the upper deck.

Upper deck sidelines (high rows) went up just $5 from RFK in '96 to $50 in Landover in '97. The face price included tax.

There was only a $10 difference between upper and lower level sidelines in the late 90s. Just $5 more to be in the lower level than the upper deck.

Redskins tickets are the best price value in town of any DC sport.

I know they have been losing, but price out some lower level Wizard or Caps tickets for 10 games. Highway robbery.

Ha, and here I am stoked to get an offer at all!

Redskins tickets are the best price value in town of any DC sport.

I know they have been losing, but price out some lower level Wizard or Caps tickets for 10 games. Highway robbery.

Totally. I'm always surprised when I price the home teams in DC. Mid court/ice, lower level Wiz and Caps GAs have a higher face cost than their midfield counterparts at FedEx; for quadruple the number of games with hoops and hockey. Lower level GAs behind the dugouts at Nats Park are about half the face value of prime GAs at FedEx, but there are eight times the number of games.

Makes the Skins seem like biggest bargain of them all considering the NFL is by far the best product.

How can upgrades be done in May? On the 3 payment plan tickets arent paid in full till June. And like last year alot of ppl didnt even pay till july or aug and still had the same seats. So how can they know in May what seats will be available and which ones are going to be renewed or not renewed by season ticket holders?

Last payment is due May 1. They could start the upgrades in mid May but they have not started that early before.

Got a flyer in the mail today offering waver of all $100 per seat activation fees. Buy 4 or more seats and get an autographed jersey from the #2 overall draft choice. They can't acknowledge RG3 just yet, but I wonder if he knows they already have work cut out for him off the field. :cool:

Conclusion: the $100 per seat activation fee now exists only to be waved; in an attempt to make the consumer think they're getting a discount of sort. Seems like this baiting tactic was reserved for later in the offseason in recent years, now it happens in March.

Got a flyer in the mail today offering waver of all $100 per seat activation fees. Buy 4 or more seats and get an autographed jersey from the #2 overall draft choice. They can't acknowledge RG3 just yet, but I wonder if he knows they already have work cut out for him off the field. :cool:

Conclusion: the $100 per seat activation fee now exists only to be waved; in an attempt to make the consumer think they're getting a discount of sort. Seems like this baiting tactic was reserved for later in the offseason in recent years, now it happens in March.

Wow, that actually pisses me off. 2 years ago I filled a complaint with the BBB because of the $100 per seat fee they charged. Nothing really came of it except a bad note on their BBB file and an email from their VP of sales asking me to tell them the matter was resolved (which I never did because it wasn't).

Wow, that actually pisses me off. 2 years ago I filled a complaint with the BBB because of the $100 per seat fee they charged.

I don't really see where the BBB would have a case bc the consumer is made aware of the fees before they purchase. Each piece of ST propaganda I've seen from the Redskins clearly mentions the activation fee. The fee is total BS imo, but its not hidden from the consumer. I guess the BBB could make a case for guys NewCliche21 who have already paid their seat activation fees this off-season, only to see new recruits enticed by the fee waver offers today; but again, its not as though NC21 wasn't aware of the fees.

Directv angered me this month when they charged me a late fee after I set up my account on automatic payment using the same credit card I've been paying them with for months online. Their excuse was that it takes 'up to 30 days to process data for automatic monthly payment deductions' (despite already having had my cc info in their system). I was informed of this in the box of fine print I checked off when I set it all up in January. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think the 30 day wait is in place simply to generate late fees from the consumer who is unaware they're paying late. But in reality, I was wrong and DTV is right bc they had already let it be known. Is the $5 late fee worth a 15 minute call to India? Not really, and DTV knows that so I'll pay it.

:rant:

Edited by RFKFedEx

Wow, that actually pisses me off. 2 years ago I filled a complaint with the BBB because of the $100 per seat fee they charged. Nothing really came of it except a bad note on their BBB file and an email from their VP of sales asking me to tell them the matter was resolved (which I never did because it wasn't).

this shouldn't really upset you. i think by now everyone realizes the team is having trouble selling tickets. the only way to fix that is to adjust the cost, or justify the cost by producing a winning team. they can adjust cost now, they can't produce a winning team in march.

they can't just lower prices, because if they do then when they're winning they'll take bad press for raising prices. so they waive fees to try to get people to sign up. standard business practice, nothing to get upset about.

Edited by tshile

I don't really see where the BBB would have a case bc the consumer is made aware of the fees before they purchase. Each piece of ST propaganda I've seen from the Redskins clearly mentions the activation fee. The fee is total BS imo, but its not hidden from the consumer.

I remember this fairly well, because I remember ranting about it. The original fee was $50 per seat. But the way the team described the fee, IMO, was underhanded. What they did was request a $50 "deposit" from fans who desired season tickets for the upcoming season. And they indicated that this deposit would be placed towards the purchase of your tickets. This was described in the text of the letter. The cost of season tickets was clearly indicated in the text of the letter.

However, at the bottom of the letter, in small print, as a footnote, the $50 fee was indicated, amongst a lot of other mostly boring and unimportant information.

So, while one can say the fee was there for all to see, that is true. But the way it was explained to the very people the team was trying to engage, was underhanded and short-sighted, in my opinion.

Now the fee is much more clearly stated.

Attendance has been decreasing the last 3 seasons. The league will eventually budge and give plenty of deep price drops on tickets. I don't know about you all but I can't afford $90 per ticket for 10 games and $8 beers, $20 parking.

Totally. I'm always surprised when I price the home teams in DC. Mid court/ice, lower level Wiz and Caps GAs have a higher face cost than their midfield counterparts at FedEx; for quadruple the number of games with hoops and hockey. Lower level GAs behind the dugouts at Nats Park are about half the face value of prime GAs at FedEx, but there are eight times the number of games.

Makes the Skins seem like biggest bargain of them all considering the NFL is by far the best product.

DC United is still pretty cheap, and next to football, is the sport I'd most like to watch.

Ask them about those Loge seats if you can.
Didn't see this before I left. Sorry.
Does this work or do you mean by "specific upgrade request" something like premium tickets?
I just want a normal section upgrade in the LL 200's. My special request is to be in row 4 or above.

They had a crane up at the stadium. It may have been for party decks not positive though because not enough was done. At the top of the ramp near the endzone by the escalator if you're familiar with it you know it has open steel supports. They were putting decking above those steel supports making the area below covered. Looks like it could be a floor for the party decks not sure though.

Where are your seats? I am in 428 (UL ~45 yd line row 11) and when I sell most are no problem, can make a profit on division games, but games against teams like the Cardinals won't sell. I use the cash lot, I think it is an easier walk than the grey and there is tons of room for throwing around a ball, etc. And the advantage of not eating parking you don't use, or having to try to sell it, is nice.

Seats are row 6, LL, just sideline side of the tunnel.

Well IF I get an upgrade then there will be 4 open in 106

im in 106 also and hoping for an upgrade as well. what row are you in?

---------- Post added March-24th-2012 at 03:22 PM ----------

I'm thinking upgrades to the LL sideline will be very rare this season.

i agree seems as if you have to pay for your upgrade these days

Yeah, I noticed the whole process this year was much more business like and less begging from the Redskins... which I liked. lol. We selected the auto-upgrade up in the 400s, to move one section closer to midfield. We'll see if it comes out that way for us.

I'm very excited, even though we are moving away for the next couple of seasons, we are keeping our tickets.