Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Also locked out.

Upgrade process has begun, but will not be finalized for a bit. I do know that the TO sent out second chance invoices to all canceled or removed seats (by request) with an April 15th due date (that would include an upgrade if "re-purchased") Therefore, I'd assume finalization would not be any sooner than 15 April.

Are you also in the lower level?

Locked out.

They do the lower level upgrades first, then the upgrades from the upper to lower, then the upgrades within the upper level.

It's a pretty long process. I don't remember when I found out last year... but I want to say it was late summer. Hopefully it won't take as long this year, but either way, it'll happen before we are able to sit in our seats, lol.

Just checked my records from last year. Longtime season ticket holder, lower level.

Last year's first upgrades were posted online on June 20th, 2011.

If the ticket office has started early, it's mighty early. Plus, I might add, I can't imagine a possible incentive or reason for the ticket office to be giving out automatic upgrades now (or even this month), especially if those upgrades would possibly displace non-renewed accounts whom the TO hasn't had but a few days to try to contact.

Hang tight, everyone. Just sayin'.

(btw, my account is "locked out" right now too).

I'm locked out too and LL but that doesn't mean they've started the upgrades yet. There can be a number of reasons for the lockout like system problems or system upgrades.

Me too, I HIGHLY doubt they have started the process this early. Imagine how many season ticket holders they would lose if they gave away their seats 9 days after the due date.

People get happy feet this time of year, every year when it comes to upgrades. Relo usually starts in May, but its mostly June into July when we see a bulk of the GA movement. I think it will be another year of great progress if the past two have been any indication.

I think the upgrade process has certainly started, but I think it will be awhile before things are set in stone; too many tangibles for now.

With that said, if you are the ticket office/management, what do you anticipate happening after the draft? Assuming RG3, do you expect an increase in sales (immediately or within months)? Surely it would unwise to completely ignore it. Maybe they'd like to expedite the upgrade process to allow for a better position on where they stand in terms of seat availability.

Only one thing is for sure regarding the TO, they'll def be trying to push the premium seats.

Have any current STH's called and tried to get an RG3 jersey with their renewal? I was thinking it might be worth a shot.

I tried and got rejected. Rather than saying, "no" they stated that there were no promotions for "season ticket renewals." That stinks - no jersey for me b/c I gave $ for a few years for a crappy product...

Yes, system is back up. Nothing to see here, move along.

The one thing I did notice is that now my 2011 invoice (under "completed invoices") is broken out game-by-game. There are ten tickets, each priced individually, to add up to my completed invoice. I may be mistaken, but I don't remember seeing this before.

Always a new wrinkle in the accounting/billing system, but the timing of upgrades has been pretty consistent for several years. If past practice holds, and I don't think there's any reason this year it wouldn't, it will be a couple of months before we see upgrades. It was June 20th last year (at least it was for the first news on lower-level to lower-level upgrades).

Edited by Cameron

Here is what I see on my Invoice page. I added some x's to black out details.

2012 Invoice

US $2553.00

Invoice Number 75XXXX

Renewal Item

Item name Seat Qty Price Amount Paid

2012 Shipping Fee HAND

346-346 1 Adult US $25.00 US $25.00

2012 Redskins Parking Section GREEN

159-159 1 Adult US $350.00 US $350.00

2012 Redskins Tickets Section 236

Row 2

XX-XX 2 Adult US $1089.00 US $2178.00

Invoice Total: US $2553.00

2011 Automatic Upgrade Invoice

US $375.00

Question: I'm getting tickets for the first time this year. Does paying sooner = better seats, or does it not really matter as long as I pay on time?

It can, but the key is talking to them on the phone and finding out your seat assignments when you pay. They would prefer you pay and then they assign the seats later. Give them, well I have my credit card right here and I'm ready to pay if I know my seats but if you can't tell me I might have to think about it some more.

All is back to normal for me too. I can access my account. I even found my seats and parking charges for 2012. They only show up after I try to make my third and final payment...which the system will not let me do. There is a link to the left called "View Invoice Details" that shows my seats and parking charges which are currently the same as last year. Link was not active last week when I clicked on it. Guess TO was rebooting or upgrading the software. I didn't think they would start the upgrade process yet. Much too early.

Those of us on the lower level need to keep checking out accounts periodically. Lower level gets moved first; then they move upstairs to start upgrade process there.

Here is what I see on my Invoice page. I added some x's to black out details.

2012 Invoice

US $2553.00

Invoice Number 75XXXX

Renewal Item

Item name Seat Qty Price Amount Paid

2012 Shipping Fee HAND

346-346 1 Adult US $25.00 US $25.00

2012 Redskins Parking Section GREEN

159-159 1 Adult US $350.00 US $350.00

2012 Redskins Tickets Section 236

Row 2

XX-XX 2 Adult US $1089.00 US $2178.00

Invoice Total: US $2553.00

2011 Automatic Upgrade Invoice

US $375.00

Neither my 2011 nor 2012 invoice details includes the Automatic Upgrade Invoice you have at the bottom. What would the $375 be for? Parking and Handling/Shipping?

---------- Post added April-10th-2012 at 02:00 PM ----------

Yes, system is back up. Nothing to see here, move along.

The one thing I did notice is that now my 2011 invoice (under "completed invoices") is broken out game-by-game. There are ten tickets, each priced individually, to add up to my completed invoice. I may be mistaken, but I don't remember seeing this before.

Always a new wrinkle in the accounting/billing system, but the timing of upgrades has been pretty consistent for several years. If past practice holds, and I don't think there's any reason this year it wouldn't, it will be a couple of months before we see upgrades. It was June 20th last year (at least it was for the first news on lower-level to lower-level upgrades).

That happened to me for a week or two last year before it disappeared. I think I saw it during the season as I recall....but not positive

Has anyone successfully negotiated a Green parking pass? I see from the thread that the TO promised a green upgrade immediately, but I am weary to commit to grey lot with a "supposed" upgrade. (haven't had good luck with upgrades)

Last year at the DDP I know of a couple people who walked up to the ticket office and asked and were given an upgrade to green passes. Unless a promise from the skins is in writing with specifics forget it.

---------- Post added April-10th-2012 at 02:27 PM ----------

Neither my 2011 nor 2012 invoice details includes the Automatic Upgrade Invoice you have at the bottom. What would the $375 be for? Parking and Handling/Shipping?

I really don't have a clue.

Has anyone successfully negotiated a Green parking pass? I see from the thread that the TO promised a green upgrade immediately, but I am weary to commit to grey lot with a "supposed" upgrade. (haven't had good luck with upgrades)

In "theory" according to the TO policy, you should not be able to negotiate a green parking pass. You have to start in gray and move to green according to seniority. This is the "official" policy over the past two years when the TO made major changes to their operations. We have had a very small number of posters who say the got a green parking pass without going through the gray lot first. Two lost their seats last year when the Skins removed end zone seats. I think they got green parking because these people lost their seats. One said he had been a long time season ticket holder and he thought that had some bearing on his getting a green pass based on the TO comments.

I think the only way you get a green parking pass is as an apology for a seat ticket screwup by the TO or by luck. I seem to recall someone last year called about green parking well after the upgrades were completed and got a parking pass. Stuff happens when you manage a lot of parking slots and the TO may have had a few extra after they recalculated or reallocated spaces. Who knows. In general, however, the TO has been following their new seat and parking pass policies based on the overall comments posted in this thread and other similar threads over the past two years. TO's not perfect; but far better than they were in the past.

You can often buy green/orange/purple parking passes for near cost on ebay and craigslist. Beware of counterfeits. Make sure the passes have a bar code and the tear off tab on the bottom.

In "theory" according to the TO policy, you should not be able to negotiate a green parking pass. You have to start in gray and move to green according to seniority. This is the "official" policy over the past two years when the TO made major changes to their operations. We have had a very small number of posters who say the got a green parking pass without going through the gray lot first. Two lost their seats last year when the Skins removed end zone seats. I think they got green parking because these people lost their seats. One said he had been a long time season ticket holder and he thought that had some bearing on his getting a green pass based on the TO comments.

I think the only way you get a green parking pass is as an apology for a seat ticket screwup by the TO or by luck. I seem to recall someone last year called about green parking well after the upgrades were completed and got a parking pass. Stuff happens when you manage a lot of parking slots and the TO may have had a few extra after they recalculated or reallocated spaces. Who knows. In general, however, the TO has been following their new seat and parking pass policies based on the overall comments posted in this thread and other similar threads over the past two years. TO's not perfect; but far better than they were in the past.

You can often buy green/orange/purple parking passes for near cost on ebay and craigslist. Beware of counterfeits. Make sure the passes have a bar code and the tear off tab on the bottom.

Agreed with this. I tried many times to start out with a green, but I'm stuck with gray.

You'll see it in the classifieds soon. :)

---------- Post added April-10th-2012 at 05:16 PM ----------

It can, but the key is talking to them on the phone and finding out your seat assignments when you pay. They would prefer you pay and then they assign the seats later. Give them, well I have my credit card right here and I'm ready to pay if I know my seats but if you can't tell me I might have to think about it some more.

I think that I lost that leverage now since I've paid over half. :(